Your Drean fishing holliday.

Ken L

We'll assume that you have a month and a reasonable budget.

What would really float your boat ?

Salmon and Sturgeon in BC ?

Nile perch and Vundu in Africa ?

Roach fishing in Sweeden ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'd go back to Bay of islands in NZ and have a decent shot at some marlin , big kingfish and Hapuka.....and then on the way home , i'd pop into Fiji and just fish in the sun for a week or so :sun::sun::sun:

Having sampled the Salmon and Sturgeon fishing in BC twice, I'm afraid it would have to be another trip to BC. I'd perhaps spend more time hauling Sturgeon, but a 50lb Chinook [spring] Salmon would still get me just a bit excited! Just a bit! :thumbs:

Colin [my arms still ache just thinking about it] :sun:

I'd really like to catch a few Baramundi from Australia ,they seem really fun allso like the look of Vundu and big, Sword fish .Only ever been to island on a fishing a fishing holiday going to try and get over the Ebro at the start of October depending on work etc.

I would go to the Bahia Peninsula in Mexico and target Marlin. It is susposedly the best place in the world to catch them. In most destinations you could trawl for 2 weeks to catch one, I have heard of people catching 4 in a day there.

I am hopefuly going next year with the missus. We will hopefully spend a few days in a nice beach resort, then head in land to visit the Aztec temples before travelling across for a few days Marlin fishing. I have tried for Marlin twice before but as yet have still not caught one.

Fingers crossed.

'Course, one could go to the Whitsundays, catch marlin, sailfish, spanish mackerel, giant trevally all in and around 108 islands, and next day, monster barra

Then again, there is the Cairns area with the same types of fish to sample. And Ningaloo Reef in WA for more of the same

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Some sharks off the great barrier reef, I've always wanted to vist australia, and If I could work in a stop-over in Japan to vist the Kodokan at the same time I'd be a very happy chap ;-)

Although those huge canadian sturgeon look an awful lot of fun too!

Mat

Mat

Some sharks off the great barrier reef, I've always wanted to vist australia, and If I could work in a stop-over in Japan to vist the Kodokan at the same time I'd be a very happy chap ;-)

Although those huge canadian sturgeon look an awful lot of fun too!

Mat

Hi Matt, sounds like you have two passions, the Kodakan has to be high on my list of places to visit too.

As far as fishing is concerned, there’s loads of places I’d like to visit but I’d love to go back to lake Kariba in Zimbabwe and have another go at the tigerfish, mozzies or catfish. It’s a beautiful place to fish and with game reserves along it’s banks, if the fishing is slow just sit back and watch the wildlife.

Hmmm.

After much deliberation, I think I'd head for the Americas. Start off in BC chasing Salmon, Sturgeon and maybe halibut.

Head east for a crack at some Smallmouth Bass, Lake Trout and maybe Striped Bass.

A big jump south next to chase Payara, Peackock Bass, Tiger Catfish and Tarpon in Venesuela.

If there was an opertunity to get afloat before heading home and having a go at some pelagics or big Cubera over the reefs, so much the better.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.