Who is fishing ?

BobH

Tigger

To be honest the Altex is not a patch on the Ambidex or the Mitchells, but I like using it on the Barbel rod, it looks the nut's :sun:

I'm not a Cane freak or a traditionalist, but it suits the venue and they are a pleasure to play fish on.

Horses for courses, I love my new Shimano Baitrunners as well and would love a pin like the one you use.

Funny how you can appreciate all types of tackle and methods, without becoming to anal about it all !!

Have a good one mate.

Bob

Yeah Bob, as I said I can see the attraction with the cane rods as they do look so nice, as do those hardy reels B) . I did buy a cane rod a few years ago, not one of the higher quality ones like yours. When I got it out of the bag and I was so dissapointed in the feel of it I just sent it back. Since then I have held a few others, again not high end rods but according to their owners they where quite good ones...they just felt awfull to me.

I would imagine a high end bespoke cane rod would be a totally different beast from the ones i've handled and maybe if I held one of those i'd be pleasantly surprised and have to have one. Since most of my fishing is trotting I reckon i'll be sticking with carbon rods ;) .

You are right Bob and it is nice to appreciate all types of tackle but we both know of one forum in particular where they are seriously anal about it :lol: .

Same to you bud...have a good un :D .

• Like 1

Rusty,

I could not agree more, Ryan's rods are a joy to use, they have the same tapers as many modern rods, with the advantages of the " Feel " cane give you, but as Tigger say's I would not swop my Carbon trotting rods for the cane alternatives.

And from the sheer look of using a good modern, well made cane rod, coupled to a nice pin or well maintained vintage fixed spool reel, it helps pass the time and is aesthetically pleasing !!

Tight lines for the new year.

Bob

Just got back in from Chubbing gave up when it rained had 2 bites missed one by like half an hour then hooked the second that promptly did me in the raft of rubbish I was fishing to felt a good fish to it was seriously cold in the wind .....never mind spoke to a mate round the corner downstream of me and wished I had fished there as it was wind free and like a different world not sure what to fish for tomorrow may have a single malt to contemplate it

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

From what I have heard Anderoo she is being a bit hit and miss in short normal Thames fishing a few struggle blanks then wham .....I is still waiting for the wham

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yeah me too! All rivers here are still rising after the rain, add in heavy frosts and ice and I think I'll leave it to settle for a few days and get cracking on all the whiskey and leftover food :)

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music