rod license huh 24 quid for 5 months?

Tenchbloke

Let me start by saying i wholeheartedly support the concept of a NRL !!

Im a returning fisherman out of the sport for 5 years ,and still we have this dinosaur of a national rod licence which runs from April-march

How the heck is that going to encourage anyone taking up the sport mid summer to buy a NRL?

God knows what the bloke who gets a fishing rod for christmas is going to do? shell out 24 quid for 3 months ?

Nope it will simply encourage new starters and late comers to break the law, something we need to discourage not promote!!

Its about time the licence was 12 months from date of issue ,im sure that would encourage more people to buy one in the first place

Rant over and its off to the post office to be ripped of!! :angry:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to argue against that.

Rolling licences would reduce the annual flood of renewals at post offices and encourage more anglers to buy a licence.

The thing is though, the EA like to be able to manage their accounting by financial years and they're not going to change when they stand to end up with less income and less predictable accounting as a result.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A 12-month rod license starting from the date of purchase would be great. However, with the additional admin burden this would require, the cost would no doubt rise. Maybe they should introduce a 6-month license as well as the 12-month, weekly and daily licences? That would be more fair on those who take up fishing part-way through a season.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

In France car insurance is sold the same way believe it or not.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes got to agree with the "rolling" licence sugestion.Used to peeve me when I was guiding abroad that when I returned in the Winter for my pike fishing I had to but two complete yearly licences!

I cant see how a "rolling" license would cause more admin as you can buy a licence all year long allready? It would certainly be fairer and surely be one less thing to discourage newcomers from getting one?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Let me start by saying i wholeheartedly support the concept of a NRL !!

Im a returning fisherman out of the sport for 5 years ,and still we have this dinosaur of a national rod licence which runs from April-march

How the heck is that going to encourage anyone taking up the sport mid summer to buy a NRL?

God knows what the bloke who gets a fishing rod for christmas is going to do? shell out 24 quid for 3 months ?

Nope it will simply encourage new starters and late comers to break the law, something we need to discourage not promote!!

Its about time the licence was 12 months from date of issue ,im sure that would encourage more people to buy one in the first place

Rant over and its off to the post office to be ripped of!! :angry:

i posted the exact same topic ages ago and got fired down so to get your hopes up for much backing here.

i totally agree with you, you buy a TV licence and it runs out from the date of purchase.

it sux eggs big time.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

A 12-month rod license starting from the date of purchase would be great. However, with the additional admin burden this would require, the cost would no doubt rise. Maybe they should introduce a 6-month license as well as the 12-month, weekly and daily licences? That would be more fair on those who take up fishing part-way through a season.

A 6 month would be a good starter m8 :) ,i would hope however the increase of Anglers buying a licence would offset the increased admin costs.

Ive fired of an email to 'stephen.gledhill@environment-agency.gov.uk' one of the big wigs who handle the Angling side of things for his steal on the current setup,may as well "Rake the swim" to see if we can get someone running the show to put their point of view and maybe get him thinking about change!

Ill let you know what he says if he bothers replying!