Aniversary?

Tog

My better half and I will celebrate (*1) 21 years of wedded bliss (*1) on Thursday 7th.

Many chums have remarked: - you dont look old enough (I was 22, she 20), - that's your 3rd life sentance, hmmm 3x7 = one bloody great big itch! etc.

I've booked a table at a fine resturant on the beach in Bournemouth (feels just like the med) (*2) - so that should earn me a few brownie points,,,,

So folks, what's your score? first? twice / thrice, 50 golden years and still going strong?

And how do you celebrate? any 'interesting' aniversary japes to tell?

(*1- if thats the right word?!) :huh:

(*2- hope she don't mind me chucking half a mackerel out, the Bass might be in) :lol:

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My better half and I will celebrate (*1) 21 years of wedded bliss (*1) on Thursday 7th.

Many chums have remarked: - you dont look old enough (I was 22, she 20), - that's your 3rd life sentance, hmmm 3x7 = one bloody great big itch! etc.

I've booked a table at a fine resturant on the beach in Bournemouth (feels just like the med) (*2) - so that should earn me a few brownie points,,,,

So folks, what's your score? first? twice / thrice, 50 golden years and still going strong?

And how do you celebrate? any 'interesting' aniversary japes to tell?

(*1- if thats the right word?!) :huh:

(*2- hope she don't mind me chucking half a mackerel out, the Bass might be in) :lol:

Thirty three years on 01/09/06, we were loading a delivery and Debbie looked at me and said "Do you know what today is?"

"It's our thirty third wedding aniversary" I replied "And we are still slogging our b*lls off, have a house full of kids plus grand children, so whats changed?"

"Nothing" she laughed "Always wanted a big family and it saved me hatching them all out"

"What are we doing to celebrate?" I asked.

"Not what you have in mind" she replied

So after thirty three years I guess nothing much has changed :lol::lol:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

HellBelly and I clocked up just 6 years on Sept 3rd. We celebrated by going to a Gold Class Cinema $63 and had a cheese platter and a couple of Bourbons each $38. Was an interesting experience everyone should try at least once and great for special celebrations but $100 just to watch a movie!! Bit steep. Saw Pirattes of the Carribean which was very entertaining but the whole eating in the Cinema thing doesn't work if you ask me. The luxurious chairs recline all the way back which was wonderfull and only 30 seats in the whole cinema, 5 rows of 3 doubles, with a small table inbetween and the only light a glow around the wine chiller. But you have the staff walking in and out the whole time which is distracting and when the food came out we had to sit up straight, couldn't see what we were eating, missed some of the movie and when the lights came on and we got up to leave there were crumbs all over us and the seats which was embarrassing. But I'm all for the luxury seating and alcohol. Do you have them over there in the UK? It's very new here.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

HellBelly and I clocked up just 6 years on Sept 3rd. We celebrated by going to a Gold Class Cinema $63 and had a cheese platter and a couple of Bourbons each $38. Was an interesting experience everyone should try at least once and great for special celebrations but $100 just to watch a movie!! Bit steep. Saw Pirattes of the Carribean which was very entertaining but the whole eating in the Cinema thing doesn't work if you ask me. The luxurious chairs recline all the way back which was wonderfull and only 30 seats in the whole cinema, 5 rows of 3 doubles, with a small table inbetween and the only light a glow around the wine chiller. But you have the staff walking in and out the whole time which is distracting and when the food came out we had to sit up straight, couldn't see what we were eating, missed some of the movie and when the lights came on and we got up to leave there were crumbs all over us and the seats which was embarrassing. But I'm all for the luxury seating and alcohol. Do you have them over there in the UK? It's very new here.

Wow, Tubular, that's both interesting and unusual. I've not heard of that until now. Happy Anniversary, BTW.

26 years wedded to my girl Karin for me. Where did the time go? :)

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Myself and Jan 34 years on the 14 October this year.

We have had our ups and downs, the not to many downs are not to bad, the ups are FANTASTIC.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Technically it's 15 years on 20/5/06, but I was 'banished' from the marital home for about a year up to last Christmas time....she then decided I was enjoying my new found freedom a bit too much and reigned me back in!!! :P

Paul

33 on 5th oct this year ,someone puts up with me :P

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

20 years on May 9th next year, we will be in Cuba so I can fix up something special with the Hotel.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

34 years in November. I am sure that we lasted this long because for most of it I wasn't there :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/