Tackers and School

My grandson will be four in October and started school begining of September.

Things I have found out:

a ) Teachers will not assist the kids after they have used the loo, I have to check his bum when he arrives

home to make sure he is clean.

B ) Teachers will not assist kids getting dressed after PE, he came home to day with his trousers on back to

front, his socks just on his feet with his heels bare.

Why I asked myself, well perverts started the ball rolling, parents have compounded the problem and now teachers are running scared of getting into trouble if they help a kid get dressed etc.

I am disgusted, I have done my best with the little lad, given time he can dress himself and all he needs is a few prompts as to which way round and pull your socks up further. He struggles a bit with the bum wiping but does his best, but now I sit at home wondering what sort of state the poor lad will come home in.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and if he falls over and cuts himself, a teacher or playground assistant will not put a plaster on his cut, they will simply hand him a piece of tissue to stem the bleeding and expect him to deal with it himself without help or a hug.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It is a sad and sorry state that we're in.

In this over-letigious society we're now saddled with (thanks USA!) it will only get worse. Just look at the number of "no win, no pay" brave-new-world legal eagles we now have gracing our high streets.

You can hardly blame those who choose as their profession the education of our kids to be hyper-sensitive to anything that could possibly be misconstrued as inappropriate touching or even assault. I feel sorry for them because I'm sure that they think the same about all these regulations.

I don't have an answer, I don't know that anyone does.

Our chief weapon is surprise

This is one of the many reasons why my kids go to school in France.

In France teachers can still help a kid go to the loo.

In France most nursery class rooms are split into two rooms. A normal classroom and a little side room with beds so that a little one can go crash if he or she feels like it.

In France a teacher can still give a kid a hug if they are distraught or upset.

This is like the school I went to back home in Scotland some 40 years ago.

I know that it irks some on here to hear me witter on about things that are better in France than they are here, but I am only telling you what I see.

This is the society we have built for ourselves. It is sad, but I don't know how it can ever be reversed. Don't blame the teachers, they are only covering their asses.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

My little lad is 4 and has just started primary school. Exactly the same here Ken, even got a phone call from the school asking my other half to go in to put a plaster on a grazed knee. :blink::rolleyes:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I have looked after Brandon since he was three months old and I love him more than my own kids because of this very precious time spent together.

Thankfully the school is just across the road, it has brought modern education home to me with a big bump, possibly time to dig deeper into my pockets.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Thankfully the school is just across the road, it has brought modern education home to me with a big bump, possibly time to dig deeper into my pockets.

If you're talking about private education Ken, I think you'll find that the same "no touching" regime will apply there too, and for the same reasons. It might sound like paranoia, but it doesn't take too many attempted prosecutions for "inappropriate touching" before "guidelines" are produced and rigidly adhered to by those with any sort of contact with children.

If you're talking about private education Ken, I think you'll find that the same "no touching" regime will apply there too, and for the same reasons. It might sound like paranoia, but it doesn't take too many attempted prosecutions for "inappropriate touching" before "guidelines" are produced and rigidly adhered to by those with any sort of contact with children.

I guess I will have to put him through some intensive training, some of it might be my fault as I always checked him coming off the loo.

I am certainly out of touch with this one.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

My grandson will be four in October and started school begining of September.

Things I have found out:

a ) Teachers will not assist the kids after they have used the loo, I have to check his bum when he arrives

home to make sure he is clean.

B ) Teachers will not assist kids getting dressed after PE, he came home to day with his trousers on back to

front, his socks just on his feet with his heels bare.

Why I asked myself, well perverts started the ball rolling, parents have compounded the problem and now teachers are running scared of getting into trouble if they help a kid get dressed etc.

I am disgusted, I have done my best with the little lad, given time he can dress himself and all he needs is a few prompts as to which way round and pull your socks up further. He struggles a bit with the bum wiping but does his best, but now I sit at home wondering what sort of state the poor lad will come home in.

Ken, sorry but what is new??? I started school in 1961 and I never had ANY help with the above till I left in 1972!

I would agree that SOME of the things you take as things you may expect a teacher to help with will NOT get done, i.e. Cuts and grazes. I as I say never got help with any of the above!! In fact I remember on one occasion one lad having to get on the bus from swimming half dressed because some sod nicked his pants!! :rolleyes:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))