Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

Hi Graeme, welcome to Anglers Net.You are right there are a good bunch of people on this site.We quite often have get togethers to either fish for new species,fish different waters or learn new skills.They are organised by any member who is prepared to take the time to do so.

All of the ones Ive attended have been great fun and given me some very good fish and fishing.

Thanks for the nice welcomes !

I will indeed be logging on on a regular basis.

Due to the fact that I have a full time job and a smallholding with Pigs and Chickens which keep me busy, I have got a bit out of touch with "modern" angling (I didn't know how to tie a knotless knot for example!) so, I will probably be posting quite a few queries.

One of the great things about forum/s is that somebody, somewhere always has a solution to your

problem :) and its nice to be able to help each other

Just to give a bit of background about me;

My wife says I am a Grumpy Old Bast..d and my 14 year old Daughter agrees - I am 51 but Grumpy, never???!

My favorite species is Barbel but I enjoy catching anything as long as it bends the rod. I have been catching them occasionaly since the late 70's and my pb is a rather lowly 10lb 2oz from the Severn at Hampton Loade but I intend to change that soon.....

Going to attempt to catch some Grayling from Barton Court on the Kennet tomorrow, will let you know how badly I blanked.

Cheers

Graeme

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Heidi today and she says that we can arrive early but cannot hit the river until 08.00 so meet around 07.30 in the car park I guess? dont forget your Licence as last year we had a check!

Metcheck looks O.K despite leon signing up :lol:

Edited by KAYC

Spoke to Heidi today and she says that we can arrive early but cannot hit the river until 08.00 so meet around 07.30 in the car park I guess? dont forget your License as last year we had a check!

Metcheck looks O.K despite leon signing up :lol:

Can't remember having my licence check last year? Now where have I put them? :blink::rolleyes:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Tony and Sue, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes for the funeral.

Just to check, we can start fishing at 8 but what time do we have to leave the river? Also, are there maps of how to get there?

Ta

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Tony and Sue, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes for the funeral.

Just to check, we can start fishing at 8 but what time do we have to leave the river? Also, are there maps of how to get there?

Ta

UGG, arrive 7.30 and start at 8!, I have a 40 minute drive from a Throop B&B so when I have time for breakie beforehand?.

Meatballs

Sue and Tony,

Just read this thread and saw the sad news. My condolences to you both.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just a thought, before Tony & Sue's sad withdrawal, Tony was trying to arrange a beer and curry on the Saturday night for people who were staying over. I'm happy to take this on as I'll be in the Travelodge at Winchester Sutton Scotney that night.

If anyone fancys a beer and/or a curry, pm me and we can swap mobile numbers and arrange something for Saturday evening.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"