Sea Fishing and Conservation

Sorry, remark was not intended to be snide, just a joke. Anyway I was on the trip on Cheiftain the one with all the photos that caused all the controversy. It was the first trip for me for seven years, and I enjoyed every second of that four days. In fact I can honestly say "It was worth every penny". Just like 10+ years ago when I used to go once or twice a month

Hello BULLDRAGON, just found your post. Come on then who are you? Is it Alan? I know you're not WALLCOTT in disguise because you said "you enjoyed it" !!!!!

Would you agree that the fishing is as good (out there) , as it was inside 10+ years ago??

I've had some discussions on here with some people who beg to differ.

I would love to here your thoughts on the matter.

So come on then reveal yourself , and have you got any photos for us to have a neb at??

P.S. WALLCOTT was that kid fishing up front of the boat (billy no mates)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you on about Billy no Mates...I think you and myself and all on board enjoyed the trip...but you must remember Moto that I have been on better.Can't say anymore than that...are'nt you fed up with putting photo's of the catch on yet...new season coming up..we will see then who as the photo's...it will only be a single fish(33lb plus) photo...I will be contacting Chieftian in the new year for my place's if available...one of my students,as his photo in the Sea angler mag with a 24lber this month.excellent fish...it was caught again on a single pirk...re what John M as always told me and others to do...as all boat fishing,it's the boat of the time...it's the best,but they have good days and bad...cheers Billy no mates

What you on about Billy no Mates...I think you and myself and all on board enjoyed the trip...but you must remember Moto that I have been on better.Can't say anymore than that...are'nt you fed up with putting photo's of the catch on yet...new season coming up..we will see then who as the photo's...it will only be a single fish(33lb plus) photo...I will be contacting Chieftian in the new year for my place's if available...one of my students,as his photo in the Sea angler mag with a 24lber this month.excellent fish...it was caught again on a single pirk...re what John M as always told me and others to do...as all boat fishing,it's the boat of the time...it's the best,but they have good days and bad...cheers Billy no mates

Wouldn't worry to much WALCOTT, i've noticed on Mr Nokia's profile he's given himself the job of 'sniffing out the bad men on the forum (you know who you are)' pretty rich after being a member for a month!!!

This southpark sketch sprung to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ax1m6R21CE

;)

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Wouldn't worry to much WALCOTT, i've noticed on Mr Nokia's profile he's given himself the job of 'sniffing out the bad men on the forum (you know who you are)' pretty rich after being a member for a month!!!

This southpark sketch sprung to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ax1m6R21CE

;)

Scott

Yes derek and your point is??

Don't you have anything better to do than target people?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Cheers for the reply mate, i was only kidding about you , but people like to jump straight on my case (as usual) no names mentioned of course

I've booked the june trip '07 with Chieftain and mentioned about yourself making one to michele

Yeah there might be a photo of a 33+ pounder and i hope i'm the one holding it , but as you know i never catch fish when i go , so it probably won't be me !! Ha ha But i'll be there to give my advice as normal!!!

But anyway as you know there was no malice intended to the post

Keep up the good fight and keep trying to fish ....Kev Felton is a grockle!!!

Guest challenge

Some people like to keep what they catch some people don’t.

What is the problem with that?

It’s taking the choice away from them so that our so called representatives can make a point to the government in there (not ours) struggle and ongoing confrontation with commercial fishermen. That is the problem.

People trying to conduct RSA affairs for there own private advantage.

By the response (in numbers) that they get thankfully there not capable of selling anybody down the river.

There quest for power masquerading as a contest of principles amuses me.

But not half as much as it must amuse those in the commercial sector.

Regards.

I don't think anybodies said anglers should only practice catch and release have they? I certainly won't for one, if its gone so far that way from a fish conservation point of view, why are we fishing anyway? Yes I fish for sport and yes I fish for the table sometimes also, I wouldn't support total catch and release and don't believe our "representative" bodies do either?

Guest challenge
I don't think anybodies said anglers should only practice catch and release have they? I certainly won't for one, if its gone so far that way from a fish conservation point of view, why are we fishing anyway? Yes I fish for sport and yes I fish for the table sometimes also, I wouldn't support total catch and release and don't believe our "representative" bodies do either?

Hello homesly.

I will quote Leon when he was having a conversation on here with big cod about bag limits.

“You say that having a bag limit and a rod licence may not sound that attractive at the moment, but if they where used as a tool for the eventual banning of pair trawling they would be a small price to pay”

Hello homesly.

I will quote Leon when he was having a conversation on here with big cod about bag limits.

“You say that having a bag limit and a rod licence may not sound that attractive at the moment, but if they where used as a tool for the eventual banning of pair trawling they would be a small price to pay”

I'm really struggling to make the link. How can RSA's making a concession effect a decision on commercial fishing? The statement sounds too general to me, would they just ban pair trawling white fish or prawns as well? Do RSA's really have the power to bargain for concessions from commercials?

I stand to be corrected and hope I'm wrong, but I can't see that we as RSA's are in a strong enough position to bargain with our own activities to gain some sort of advantage over commercial activities. If the government want they can introduce a licence system, bag limits, close seasons etc. for us without giving or taking anything from the commercial sector, all the precedents have been set with the control over other branches of angling they would argue sea angling shouldn't be treated any differently. I think the only positive thing is that people representing RSA's are at least at the table with ministers and the commercial sector.