Sea Fishing and Conservation

'is all this conservation stuff affecting their business? (ooh i can't book that trip because i'm not allowed to take my catch home , or if i catch too much i darn't tell anyone about it or i'll be classed as emptying the seas)

YES anglers may take more than they're able to eat , but so what!

immigrants are taking benefits that arn't neccesarily meant for them (and most certainly not paid for by them!!!), people are blowing up towers , people are breaking the law everywhere you look .

let the powers that be sort it out and stop griping and get some fishing done. '

Its about finding a happy medium, can't you see that?

And to say 'anglers may take more than they're able to eat, but so what!' is just ridiculous and arrogant, but no more than I've come to expect from you :rolleyes: . Love the comparison you've made between yourself and terroist immigrants............nice ;)

And i'm still waiting to see some of your catch pictures, because I don't think you know jack all.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'is all this conservation stuff affecting their business? (ooh i can't book that trip because i'm not allowed to take my catch home , or if i catch too much i darn't tell anyone about it or i'll be classed as emptying the seas)

YES anglers may take more than they're able to eat , but so what!

immigrants are taking benefits that arn't neccesarily meant for them (and most certainly not paid for by them!!!), people are blowing up towers , people are breaking the law everywhere you look .

let the powers that be sort it out and stop griping and get some fishing done. '

Its about finding a happy medium, can't you see that?

And to say 'anglers may take more than they're able to eat, but so what!' is just ridiculous and arrogant, but no more than I've come to expect from you :rolleyes: . Love the comparison you've made between yourself and terroist immigrants............nice ;)

And i'm still waiting to see some of your catch pictures, because I don't think you know jack all.

Scott

i know enough to make me happy and caught more fish than i care to remember ,spend thousands of pounds a year on the sport and will not be drawn into a battle with people on here. i have thousands of pictures of caught fish , but whats the point showing them on here?

it may be for the satisfaction of some people, but, i don't think you fit into that category.

going to make myself a member on al jazeera (i might be able to get a better debate with some people on there) than talking with......

if i don't know jack all then fine , you want to test my intelligence on sea fishing? (NOT CONSERVATION!!!)

ask whitby's top two skippers sj and jb , see if they can give you any information on this retard :wacko:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

i know enough to make me happy and caught more fish than i care to remember ,spend thousands of pounds a year on the sport and will not be drawn into a battle with people on here. i have thousands of pictures of caught fish , but whats the point showing them on here?

it may be for the satisfaction of some people, but, i don't think you fit into that category.

going to make myself a member on al jazeera (i might be able to get a better debate with some people on there) than talking with......

if i don't know jack all then fine , you want to test my intelligence on sea fishing? (NOT CONSERVATION!!!)

ask whitby's top two skippers sj and jb , see if they can give you any information on this retard :wacko:

Thousands of pounds a year???

You must be doing something wrong, how do you manage that? And thousands of photo's?

Don't have a tendency to over exaggerate do you?

as i say ,ask other people what i spend . if memory serves i've had 4 trips with chieftain(this year ) and several others from the port.

but don't ask me because i exaggerate and lie. we earn lots of money and ENJOY ourselves fishing.

thats not a word used very often regarding fishing nowadays is it?

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

as i say ,ask other people what i spend . if memory serves i've had 4 trips with chieftain(this year ) and several others from the port.

but don't ask me because i exaggerate and lie. we earn lots of money and ENJOY ourselves fishing.

thats not a word used very often regarding fishing nowadays is it?

Don't remember calling you a liar? Don't be so paranoid.

I'm glad you earn lots of money, good job by the sounds of it!!! But normally when people say that it means they don't, but thats none of my business.

And finally.......... I can assure you I don't just enjoy my fishing, I love it, always have and always will.

So at least we have something in common :thumbs:

Don't remember calling you a liar? Don't be so paranoid.

good job by the sounds of it!!!

He has scotty, he is a professional dart player! look at he's avatar one hundred and eightyeeeeeeeee

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I think everyone on this board loves fishing that's why we take the time to talk (and argue!) about it.

BUT every thread that dicusses C&R, bag limits etc. seems to deteriate into a slanging match. I think part of this is people don't read the previous threads and jump in with stupid statements and get very defensive.

It seems many folk will start returning fish once they have caught a few fish for the table or return most fish they catch. My beef is with the 'anglers' that show no constraint what so ever and then refuse to accept that this has any effect on fish stocks and the future of our sport.

Often they sell their catch which is why some commercials are pushing for bag limits on unlicensed fisherman and RSA's, as this competes with them and drives the price of fish down. This idea has been floated already in Wales after the announcement of the MLS remaining at 37.5cm for bass (well done Carwyn Jones, Minister for Environment very brave of you!).

So unless you want bag limits imposed on you with nothing in return (increased MLS and a greater say in fisheries policy) then I suggest these people get with the programme and change their out-dated views.

JRT

'It seems many folk will start returning fish once they have caught a few fish for the table or return most fish they catch. My beef is with the 'anglers' that show no constraint what so ever and then refuse to accept that this has any effect on fish stocks and the future of our sport.'

Thats it in a nut shell JRT, people who stick 2 fingers up to people that practice 'sensible' catch and release just amazes me.

Which is why Mr Moto and his like won't get an inch of slack from me.

Scott

I think everyone on this board loves fishing that's why we take the time to talk (and argue!) about it.

BUT every thread that dicusses C&R, bag limits etc. seems to deteriate into a slanging match. I think part of this is people don't read the previous threads and jump in with stupid statements and get very defensive.

It seems many folk will start returning fish once they have caught a few fish for the table or return most fish they catch. My beef is with the 'anglers' that show no constraint what so ever and then refuse to accept that this has any effect on fish stocks and the future of our sport.

Often they sell their catch which is why some commercials are pushing for bag limits on unlicensed fisherman and RSA's, as this competes with them and drives the price of fish down. This idea has been floated already in Wales after the announcement of the MLS remaining at 37.5cm for bass (well done Carwyn Jones, Minister for Environment very brave of you!).

So unless you want bag limits imposed on you with nothing in return (increased MLS and a greater say in fisheries policy) then I suggest these people get with the programme and change their out-dated views.

JRT

As I said in an earlier post, until we are viewed as bona fide stakeholders in sea fishing, we will never be heard, especially when anyone can see what happens as soon as C&R or bag limits are mentioned. After thinking about this over the last 24 hours, I signed up and joined the NFSA. They may not be everyone's cup of tea but they at least have a presence on the various committees that WILL have an influence in framing how our sport develops. At least by becoming a member of NFSA, I now have an opportunity to let them know my feelings and hopefully gain some acceptance.

I've always held the opinion: "It is far better to be inside the tent, p1ssing out than outside, p1ssing in"

Often they sell their catch which is why some commercials are pushing for bag limits on unlicensed fisherman and RSA's, as this competes with them and drives the price of fish down.

JRT - I'd say a spot on summary of the average fishermans approach - a few for the table, the rest go back.

To me there is no doubt that the illegals / black landings impact both commercial and recreational fishermen, the impact on commercials being more financially through the prices being driven down, for recreationals, the loss of localised inshore stocks and for charter boats probably both.

Societys' attitude to conservation / preservation has changed tremendously,( the days of Plymouth wrecking, 2 for the angler, the rest for the boat have long gone ), in fact the club a friend of mine belongs have now adopted a policy of not hiring a charter boat where catch and return (after having got sufficient for the table) is unacceptable to the skipper.

I would think that if bag limits were to be introduced, the sectors most impacted would be the charter and small boat fishermen, and as I think these sectors would be the easiest to 'police', I'm suprised that some within them are so anti, but I guess it takes a generation for things to 'wash throught' - like professional rugby union, coloured cricket gear etc.

Also I believe that what often gets lost in all this is, that for many of us who totally or predominantly shore fish, a bag limit would be a goal rather than an issue.