Sea Fishing and Conservation

£3M was the amount put about, after administration was taken out.

1.2M sea anglers paying £20 a year = £24M - Admin : £21M

Loads of jobs for the sort of people who were 5th stream prefects at school.

JUST ANOTHER TAX!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont admit to eating sea bass Holmsey. Some bugger will be making a doll of you and sticking pins in it.

As long as they know if they do mate, I'll make a doll that wears Doc Martens or similar comfortable shoes, wears bright shirts and will do the dishes and put the baby to bed, and it won't be pins I stick in it. Oh yeah and I'll make sure that my doll $h1ts hedgehogs....

You know mate sooner or later common sense will out, please god let it be sooner than later.

Edited by Holmesy

I think before anyone start arguing about keeping sizable fish, we should take a look at all the Undersized fish that anglers keep/kill.

Take a walk along the piers or beaches and see how many are being kept for the cat/dog/fishcakes. Bass/cod/whiting etc etc all below the size limits can be seen butchured everywhere. Walton Pier is a fine example.

Now there's an argument worth having.

As for keeping sizable fish, i think it's down to the individual angler, keep or return, let them do as they wish, it's their choice.

That sounds like fighting talk to me, no room for threats of violence on an angling forum

it is not an act of violence or a threat in any way shape or form mate

if it was taken that way then i am sorry to all the real men offended by it.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Several posts deleted. It's bad form to start complaining about spelling or lack of grammar on public forums.

A repetition will see this thread deleted.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'm allergic to violence, break out in cuts and bruises

lol

good one mate :clap:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Thanks. The purpose of my question is just to get a feeling of angler's opinion on what is sensible to keep before returning fish.

Do charters ever have bag limits on their trips or any self-enforced restrictions of fish caught?

JRT

We operate a 100% return on bass and pollock from our boat, notwithstanding the tope which have always been a C&R species (even before the Tope byelaw). The anglers keep coming back so it seems that such a move does not affect business. I guess sport is the key for some species, of course having a few cod and ling to take home helps as well.

Cheers

Doc.