What's happened?

kleinboet

Jeepster......i can see your name on the list at the bottom of the thread and you can get stuffed as well you freaky wierd eyes kinda guy............just checking................yep i did type guy and not.......

Right that's it, I'm sick of people on here making a big deal about my freaky wierd eyes, nobody ever mentions the fact that Alan looks like, well, you know..............

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been on AN (or any other forum for that matter) as long as some of you 'old' hands. I still find it strange that some people get so upset by comments on here. Not personal abuse, but seemingly innocent ones. I have even posted asking about etiquette, when somethings happened that I find strange.

As has been said numbers come into it, more different personalities and opinions.

I find it interesting that the ones who talk about members being unwilling to admit that they could be wrong, are the least likely to admit it themselves. I also think that friendships form and little cliques, and if a newcomer makes a comment and one of the group don't like it, then the 'pack' instinct comes into force, and the newcomer doesn't stand a chance.

One thing I have noticed, (and mentioned a few times), is that when I have looked in on other forums, some AN members on there, post differently to the way they do on AN, it's almost as if they are trying to preempt a bad reply from other members, so they try to get in first.

As I've said, I still feel new to this internet thing, and I might have got it wrong, but that's the way I see it.

John

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

jeepster - I've always wondered if you and Trogg are a single person using two IDs or possibly twin brothers.

You post as jeepster when you want to make some sense and Trogg when you want to be .... well, Troggy.

Note that we southern folks do lots of Tea but in a normal fashion - with ice and in a large glass.

:D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Healthy debate or even a good old fashioned row is fine but swearing and threatening poeple. Thats brave on a forum. When the chances of coming across the person that your havng ago at is unlikely, Pinch of salt mate thats all thier worth By the way You and I havent had a good old set to for a while :lol: Lead on Mcduff ;)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I left AN a while ago due to the wooden spoon merchants and the PC brigade.

It was a homely friendly place but went downhill due to the opinionated few.

I still have a look everynow and then but its rare if i post anything.

To be honest im put off posting as i dont want to attract any of the above mentioned.

Right that's it, I'm sick of people on here making a big deal about my freaky wierd eyes, nobody ever mentions the fact that Alan looks like, well, you know..............

Some one who lives under a feckin BRIDGE!! :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I think there is one thing lacking on AN and that is RESPECT!!!

Repect for the other persons opinion, which may differ from yours!

Respect for the other persons feelings!

Sure! Some of my ideas may not be the same as yours, but I will repect your opinions!

I don't want to voice my opinion and then be shot down in flames with personal remarks and insinuations!!

Come on Guys (and girls) we CAN debate without getting nasty - try it!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I for one have learnt a lesson don't post when had too many Tia Maria's

And SPECIALLY if you have added a bit of Vodka and some Coke!!! :blink:

But seriously I agree with you Kleinboet!! I will LAWAYS respect someone elses opinion. And if I don't noone on here will know I don't!!! Because I will always PM and let you know. If YOU then decide to post that in the open forum.......... :rolleyes:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))