What's happened?

kleinboet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has an opinion on most issues. These can be based on experience, nativity, hearsay, prejudice or old fashioned research. The problem is, that we can't all just post our opinions, and not question any that differ from our own. That's hardly the basis for a debate. Some see questioning an opinion, as a challenge or even a personal insult, then all the nastiness kicks off. I'll respect anyones right to have an opinion, so long as they respect my right to have a different one. :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Everyone has an opinion on most issues. These can be based on experience, nativity, hearsay, prejudice or old fashioned research. The problem is, that we can't all just post our opinions, and not question any that differ from our own. That's hardly the basis for a debate. Some see questioning an opinion, as a challenge or even a personal insult, then all the nastiness kicks off. I'll respect anyones right to have an opinion, so long as they respect my right to have a different one. :)

Hear Hear John...Well said mate !!!! :D:D

Dave,,AKA Ferret,...you are getting it matey !!!!! :D:D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

This thread is just too.............

Well cuddly really, :wub: anymore of this and you lot will betaking hot showers together :blink:

Time to up the quality a bit..........

I'll respect anyones right to have an opinion, so long as they respect my right to have a different one. :)

When I want YOUR opinion I will tell you what it is first :boxing:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

This thread is just too.............

Well cuddly really, :wub: anymore of this and you lot will betaking hot showers together :blink:

Time to up the quality a bit..........

When I want YOUR opinion I will tell you what it is first :boxing:

You have gone too far this time Mr Vitae. :angry:

No one, tells me what to think, do or say. My opinions are my own. I will bow down to no man.

I formulate my own ideas and opinions, through a review of all the facts available to me, carefully sifting through the data until I'm ready to.......................ask the wife if I'm right. :unsure:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I

I find it interesting that the ones who talk about members being unwilling to admit that they could be wrong, are the least likely to admit it themselves. I also think that friendships form and little cliques, and if a newcomer makes a comment and one of the group don't like it, then the 'pack' instinct comes into force, and the newcomer doesn't stand a chance.

John

I certainly agree with this Gozzer.

The other thing they do is go onto other forums to plot their campaigns against people they have taken a dislike to so the "pack instinct" gets a little help. :yucky:

If I have a difference of opinion with someone they will know because I will tell them.

I make a point of never saying anything on here I wouldn't say to their face

I have never reported a post or sent a nasty email or PM (received a few though :)

If I have anything to say I will say it on open forum, not behind peoples backs.

There is an element of playground bully on here

That cuddly enough for you Huge :lol:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

There is a difference in disagreeing with another poster. We are all different, it would be a TERRIBLE world if we all thought the same! BUT - you can differ and debate without turning on a person and insulting them, it is totally unneccessary! What a better site we would have! I am not stupid, I realise that a lot of these posters are personal friends and are inclined to "take the mick" but there is a difference when you do it to someone you know only via the net!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The other thing they do is go onto other forums to plot their campaigns against people they have taken a dislike to so the "pack instinct" gets a little help. :yucky:

Isn't dillusion and paranoia a symptom of a superiority complex? :blink:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Isn't dillusion and paranoia a symptom of a superiority complex? :blink:

No

http://matchpool.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9402

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/