AN Fish- in River Test

Tony U

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graeme

I will be able to let you know more when I have been informed if Chubstar and his guest are going.

I will certainly be able to put you down for on space.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jiqotai and Graeme

I have put your mates down for the additional places that have become free and the list is complete again

Graeme

I will PM you Payment details.

Now has anyone heard from Goosequill?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi, could someone give me the address for Timsbury, there appears to be two different fisheries on the net. Cheers.

Rog

Hi Rog

The directions page on their website is here: http://www.timsburyfishing.com/26.htm

Not great is it? :rolleyes:

I just found the following directions from a previous fish-in - if they're not right hopefully someone will correct them. (I hope they're right, they're what I'll be using...)

Travel directions

Travelling on the M3 westbound, take the A303 then the A30 towards Stockbridge. From Stockbridge follow the A3057 towards Romsey. Before you get to Romsey you’ll drive through the village of Timsbury. Then turn right into Manor Lane, following the lane to the end and turn left through two brick pillars (Timsbury Fishing) Bear left following the track and park behind the lake. Fishery rules and boundaries will be found in front of the office. Got yourself lost ? Timsbury Fishery office number is 01264 365165

There are three lakes with carp. These are not included on the river ticket. Don’t fish them unless you’re prepared to pay for another ticket on the bank.

I also found this picture showing where the various species may be lurking:

See you there :)

NB Local Live has some great bird's eye photos of the beat - I can't get a link to work, but it's there anyway.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm at Timsbury on the 13th Nov - had an invite from Ian Tucker to join a fish-in he's organised. (Ian built me a rod back in the spring).

Directions - from the North (A3057). As you come out of the village of Timsbury - there's a large layby on the lefthand side. Also a sign post for St Andrews church - take this right turn, go down the lane - and take the left fork - which will take you down to the fishing.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog