If you think bag limits are just for Bass...............

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so.

Just off the roundabout, a little way along the road, then off to the right.

Thanks

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Which do condone Leon?

Catching as much as you like from a powered , licenced boat under quota restrictions whilst creating several shorebased jobs per 1 fisherman all contributing to the govenments pocket, which some where along the line filters through to pay for the MFA et al. or

Catching as much as you like from a powered ,unlicenced boat .

Are you for or against bag limits?. Any reasons?.

Hi Cornishman, The same argument is with the rsa, surly he generates 'shore' jobs when he pursues his hobby. As you are aware the reason for bag limits at present is for the

restriction of illegal bass sales. Do you know why your local sfc voted for it? I can see where you are comming from regarding catching from an unlicenced charter boat? Conservation is not the issue at present. With a full boat of say eight rsa i have never seen all of them catching say half a dozen each, some of them do but a lot don't. You need expert fisherman say the commercial in the portland race to make any differance to what i have just quoted. Even then he deserves all he catches with the rod and line as this could not possibly dent the stock in my mind. So it's ok for the commercial to fish the race full stop, but the rsa must be restricted. What do you think?

What is your take on bag limits regarding the illegal selling of bass? What is your take on the mls size shortly to be imposed? What do you think of gill tags? Balls back in your court. Look forward to your reply, thanks.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

But anglers didn't ask for a useless increase of just 4 cm.

We want a good population of bass in the 5 - 8lb bracket.

And to achieve that an mls of 55cm.

(The Prime Minister's Strategy Unit advised that the Government should look at making bass a wholly recreational species, as they were in the 1980s before the commercials moved in on the stock, but we felt that measures that improved the stock for the benefit of all was the way to go)

Then another compromise, an mls down to 45cm (around 2lb) with the aim of ensuring that all bass will have spawned before being taken, and which had overwhelming support from the vast majority of respondants to the consultation.

But thanks to commercial pressure, the Government bottled it and increased the mls by a meaningless 4cm.

Look at a ruler, do you really think anyone will notice that the baby bass they are catching are 4cm bigger?

And you might as well kill the fish at 36cm as 40cm, they still won't have spawned, so what's the point?

The Government have fallen far short of what anglers were asking for, and have delivered nothing of any appreciable benefit.

And for that you really believe that we should happily accept unjust bag limits with no conservation benefits?

Hello Leon

You really are a stuck record over this issue, unless you lighten up you will only have confrontation from the commercial sector,

It would help if you gt your facts right.

I have been fishing commercially for bass since 1978 I know of a few that were before me, so bass have been fished for commercially since at least the very early 70's, probably about the same time as a few anglers became aware of them, most only fished for cod.

So far I have yet to weigh a 40 cm bass under 2LB let alone a 45 cm one.

You are right about anglers ( do they carry rulers?) they won't notice the difference, they will just stuff them all in the same bag.

I fish to live and live to fish.

You are right about anglers ( do they carry rulers?) they won't notice the difference, they will just stuff them all in the same bag.

Now now we're not all like that :rolleyes:

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

See the white thing in the top of my bag ???

fishmeasure001.jpg

Its called a fish measure.

fishmeasure002.jpg

And every angler I know carries one. I caught an undersized codling tonight. No It didn't go in the bag, I unhooked it with care and watched it swim away. I dont know about in your neck of the woods Wurzel but we take great care with the undersized fish around here.

I personally don't have a fish measure , but ask anyone who i have fished with and i throw them back .

I'm due a cod murdering session soon so Whitby better get ready, HARRY COD IS BACK!!!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I have been fishing commercially for bass since 1978 I know of a few that were before me, so bass have been fished for commercially since at least the very early 70's, probably about the same time as a few anglers became aware of them, most only fished for cod.

You are correct Wurzel, at the top end of the channel i used to fish for the cod in the summer on the varne bank. I have changed over to the bass in the summer because the cod on the varne has changed into codling. Some times we are lucky and catch a reasonable sized bass over the wrecks, largest for me is 9lb and i ate it. it is better than pulling up 1-2lb codling.

Aaah c'mon a lot of that goes on from both sides theres more to this debate than two groups sitting slagging each other off, no matter what the subject this is how it always seems to degenerate.

I think, in fact i am sure that properly managed and sustainable fisheries would bnefit us all in the long term, the only point to debate is in which way we go about achieving this.

For both groups to start off on the defensive just leads to mud slinging and the good poiints which are made get ignored.

I find the comment about trashing commercials for selfish greed to be absolute rubbish from my point of view, if i am being selfish and greedy by wanting to be able to take a reasonably sized fish or two today then go back and catch the same tomorrow then maybe in a fortnight take a few more for the table (hardly 28 tonnes) thereby feeding my mrs and kids on fresh wholesome food then so be it.

By the same note i see no problem with the guy who catches the oft quoted 28tonnes (as long as it is sustainable fish) he is just providing the service of fishing for those who cant (or cant be arsed) catching their own.

Yes there are some greedy, immoral people on both sides of the debate and they are the only ones who win when the adult talk stops and the teddies get thrown out of prams. :wallbash:

Hi roryh

To hear anglers talk one would think that there are no fish left in the sea, when in fact there are plenty.

Lets get down to brass tacks here, when you anglers say that there is no fish in your area where exactly do you fish, off the beach, close to the beach, or alot further out. Do you allways go to the same OLD spots.

I have seen anglers and charter boats fish out some wrecks in my area, sometimes rod and line fishing can catch more fish than nets.

Regardless of if you are a angler or a commercial fishermen you cannot keep fishing the same old spots.

If you are mostly beach fishermen or fish mostly close to the beach then you have in conjuction with the commercial effort (collectively) reduced the fish in that area.

It is wrong for anglers to blame the commercials, there 400,000 anglers that go after bass and cod to hear you all talk on hear one would think that they never catch a single fish between them, yet if they all catch one fish a year that adds up to alot of fish.

From where I stand I see that there are good stocks of fish around, over the year I use several differant fishing methods one of which is rod and line fishing for bass and there is loads of large bass to be caught

steve

Aaah c'mon a lot of that goes on from both sides theres more to this debate than two groups sitting slagging each other off, no matter what the subject this is how it always seems to degenerate.

I think, in fact i am sure that properly managed and sustainable fisheries would bnefit us all in the long term, the only point to debate is in which way we go about achieving this.

For both groups to start off on the defensive just leads to mud slinging and the good poiints which are made get ignored.

I find the comment about trashing commercials for selfish greed to be absolute rubbish from my point of view, if i am being selfish and greedy by wanting to be able to take a reasonably sized fish or two today then go back and catch the same tomorrow then maybe in a fortnight take a few more for the table (hardly 28 tonnes) thereby feeding my mrs and kids on fresh wholesome food then so be it.

By the same note i see no problem with the guy who catches the oft quoted 28tonnes (as long as it is sustainable fish) he is just providing the service of fishing for those who cant (or cant be arsed) catching their own.

Yes there are some greedy, immoral people on both sides of the debate and they are the only ones who win when the adult talk stops and the teddies get thrown out of prams. :wallbash:

Hi roryh

To hear anglers talk one would think that there are no fish left in the sea, when in fact there are plenty.

Lets get down to brass tacks here, when you anglers say that there is no fish in your area where exactly do you fish, off the beach, close to the beach, or alot further out. Do you allways go to the same OLD spots.

I have seen anglers and charter boats fish out some wrecks in my area, sometimes rod and line fishing can catch more fish than nets.

Regardless of if you are a angler or a commercial fishermen you cannot keep fishing the same old spots.

If you are mostly beach fishermen or fish mostly close to the beach then you have in conjuction with the commercial effort (collectively) reduced the fish in that area.

It is wrong for anglers to blame the commercials, there 400,000 anglers that go after bass and cod to hear you all talk on hear one would think that they never catch a single fish between them, yet if they all catch one fish a year that adds up to alot of fish.

From where I stand I see that there are good stocks of fish around, over the year I use several differant fishing methods one of which is rod and line fishing for bass and there is loads of large bass to be caught

steve