If you're going to 'Guest'...

Chris Plumb

It sounds like there are restrictions on the fishing and that the £6 ticket only covers certain times:

'Fishing is allowed in the mere only at certain times and only after the purchase of a £6 licence, the court heard.'

So there's probably a closed season, probably out of bounds areas, probably no night fishing.

Ah, yes, that would explain it. I guess he's been made an example of because of his profile.

Wonder if Korda knew the full story when they posted this?!

https://www.facebook.com/kordaofficial/posts/830762706990932

C.

Quite probably. There's a subculture within carping that means there'll be just as many who don't see anything wrong with this capture compared with those who do. They're rebels, mavericks, stroke-pullers, pukka lads, they don't tread the same boring path as we noddies, they're rule-breakers, they sit in little tents waiting for stocked fish to inhale self-hooking rigs.

If you want to know how far angling has to go to be taken seriously, have a read of the comments on the AT Facebook page "Miyles is a leg-end m8, u mupets don't no wot reel fishng iz", and so on and so forth.

All,

Has the question been answered - did the angler know what he was doing? (no ticket, no nights, out of season, syndicate permission)?

Is that a self photo or did he have a group entourage.

Does this pass every aspect of the "sniff test"?

Phone

Edited by Phone

All,

Has the question been answered - did the angler know what he was doing? (no ticket, no nights, out of season, syndicate permission)?

Is that a self photo or did he have a group entourage.

Does this pass every aspect of the "sniff test"?

Phone

does anyone care?
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1

Well, kinda - otherwise it looks the angling community in GB is eternally on the rag. Unless something more substantial comes forth isn't this the kind of stuff published in the Daily Mail or on this side of the pond The National Enquirer.

Phone

Quite probably. There's a subculture within carping that means there'll be just as many who don't see anything wrong with this capture compared with those who do. They're rebels, mavericks, stroke-pullers, pukka lads,

Same can be said about TAT. they don't do openness and transparency, they don't have one rsa rep on it's books but claims it reps all. It has a clear agenda that suits it's directors, their payment streams and the secular anglers who they appear to cherish over any other anglers. They carry out their objectives without consultation, without a mandate, yet they claim to represent all. They have dragged the angling community into the e u black hole through their puppets whom they pay, the EAA without consultation, mandate, where the governor of the EAA is now speaking with authority on behalf of all anglers throughout Europe and in the uk.

TAT have demonised this one guy over a 6 quid ticket and called him a thief. TAT police chief is strutting around spouting about the spoils of a carpo, yet supports the illegal return of the zander because it's suits. Pathetic.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Chesters1

Well, kinda - otherwise it looks the angling community in GB is eternally on the rag. Unless something more substantial comes forth isn't this the kind of stuff published in the Daily Mail or on this side of the pond The National Enquirer.

Phone

My mrs loves the enquirer ,had i known there was a fishing section i would take a look myself LOL

Unfortunately over here besides the lack of guns "groups" self publicise themselves to to the point stupid public employees believe every word they say because their incapable of doing their jobs so a tiny minority gets power over a majority (nothing new there) the guns would be handy to shoot these people in the face as it seems thats the only way the idiots would learn to do their jobs correctly not easily as they lik

Historically theres always been angling groups ,generally once you see through their agendas and associations with third parties ,most if not all were not worth joining ,but saying that i once joined ACA and have the badge to prove it but they didnt do much for me personally as a member or not.

There is also the lucrative charity status which if managed well turns a mere group into a wealthy cliche (saying that i dont think some are as you cannot merge charities here?) ,if a goup has never once asked my opinion then it cannot represent me ,i suggest 95% of anglers have never been consulted so these groups represent only themselves

Ps in the rag is fine ,on the rag has a different meaning here (wink)but the side effects could be the same ,our press is little different to the enquirer but has less truth and few pictures of before and after

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As a fully paid up member of the National Trust, I would have objected if the man had not been prosecuted. That's one of the reasons I pay my annual subscription, to keep the knobheads in check. As Latimer suggested take a look on the FB site, and see what sort of hypocritical idiots have aligned themselves with the so called carping fraternity. I vaguely recognise some of the names posting, from other sites, and recall the threatened violence that they would give to poachers, 'guests' on their waters. Why should some alleged celebrity get a pat on the back, for doing what others are threatened with violence for? I think one of the reasons he's been made an example of, is that he posted the picture for all to see, a kind of "up yours" gesture. Maybe he thought as one of the posters on FB did, "I am a free man of England, and will fish when, and where I like". Dickhead!

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John