Photo Challenge#37 ... Close Up.

MrWiggly

Congratulations to the 3 finalists and good luck with the votes. :thumbs:

People are looking at me like I'm barking now. They can't understand my new passion for fencing... :blink:

Happy snapping.

Andrew.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the 3 finalists, although one of them makes me feel queasy when I look at it.

(Not saying which one :) ).

I posted the 'Close, up, and close up' photo, as a bit of a laugh, especially for those of you that said you prefer a photo, to show you exactly what the theme was, as soon as you look at it. :rolleyes:;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not one in the final 3 under 300KB file size?

Next shot might be taken at 10 mega pix :mellow:

Sorry not voting on this one :thumbdown:

Quote ", and the file size to be less than 300KB"

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

Gotta say that I've never spotted this one - it would mean that all my entries to date are invalid. Sorry chaps... :wallbash:

I've always shot at medium jpeg / fine res. and resized at 800. Ooops.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

n4lly, just to enlighten me (and maybe some others) how do you check the size?

I used to resize my pics (using Photosuite3) down to 800 wide, and then post them on Photobucket.

Now I simply post them to Photobucket which resizes them for me.

This is photobucket resizing, original 2052x1539

Whoknose.jpg

This is resized in photosuite 800x600, and then posted to photobucket..

Whoknose800.jpg

top one is 267337 bytes,

and the lower one is 74396 bytes.

Oddly enough, they look exactly the same!

While I am here; I had a right laugh when trying to get that shot. Because the silly cow kept moving about, I used the eyepiece viewer to try and keep track of the nose. Suddenly it all went black and I was almost pushed over backwards by the cows nose pressing against the front of the camera..............

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hi n4lly

I am new to photo challenge and I must admit the easy bit is taking the photo's the hard bit is resizing them and posting.

My camera is a Fujifilm MX-1700 and is only 1.5 mega pixel, I resized it at Photobucket using the 800x600 option. I am very sorry, I did not realise that I had gone over the 300KB limit, and will withdraw my photo as soon as possible.

I assumed that by resizing my photo to 800x600 would make the file size less than 300KB. I was wrong.

I can assure you that it was a mistake on my behalf and I did not intendingly try to seek an unfair advantage.

I apoligise to you and the other members who took part in the challenge.

Regards Steve

I really am a techiphobe on this sort of stuff.Have done well to get as far as I have!!! What I do with my photos is to reduce them in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 to 800 x 600 pixels and then paste them onto here via Photobucket.

How do you know how many Mega pixels it is and if it is too many how do you reduce it ??

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Steve, DON'T remove your pic ...PLEASE....not a problem for me, and I doubt it's a problem for (almost :) ) everyone else.

n4lly, perhaps it would be better if we scrap the 300kb limit, and just keep to the 800 wide rule? As I understood it, it was to make the pics fit the page?

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

How do you know how many Mega pixels it is and if it is too many how do you reduce it ??

If you *right click* on a pic and select *properties*, it should show you the file size in both pixels and kb.

I use Picasa (excellent google freebie) as an album on my computer and you can opt for a reduction in quality (same as reducing kb per pic) when you export them to a folder.

I'm sure most viewers and photo manipulation progs will have a similar facility.

Not sure what Mr Wiggly's going to do about it. I thought I had a hard time picking three finalists. :unsure:

I've never bothered about the file size limit. I have tried to reduce the size but have never been able to do it. I too thought the the 800 longest edge thing would be enough. Fits on a page hey.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif