killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

i cant see whats wrong with racism, bigotry or any other forms of discrimination including religeous BUT ofcourse only the english (yes small e on english ,stupidity ? lack of language skills ? nope small means i can type with one hand thus save energy) ARE regarded as bigots racists and descriminatory arn't they B)

we'l just forget that sunni moslems hate shiite's (all of them hate the lot in tilford) ,(theres those small letters again) moslems hate jews ,catholics protestants. and thats just religeon.

then theres poles dislikeing germans ,serbs hating albanians etc etc .

then theres class dislike indian classes refuse to speak to untouchables and their the same lot!!

Why is the banner "racist" "bigot" or "predudice" firmly held over just the english? its bubbling just under the skin of all of us just waiting for an excuse to let it out!! no matter who we are where we live or how were brought up its there ,you may not recognise it but its there ,and better out than in in my oppinion.

if the facts show foreigners pinch fish without permission or without a rod licence it should be said not instantly picked on as some BMP flag waving tripe ,not forgetting than we may do it as well doesent enter the equasion one bit.

if a johny foreigner pinched fish from my clubs lake i would come down hard on him just as i would an "english" person why do i become a racist for saying it ?

The first part of of your post has no real base in foundation. You use the word 'hate' quite often which I believe is wrong. Certainly the more extremist elements of many cultures who are also unfortunately the more voiciferous, could come under that banner.

I'm not a fan of terms such as 'bunny huggers' 'immigrants' and all the rest of it. Those kind of terms serve only to fan the flames and obscure any reasonable disscussion.

The banners "racist" "bigot" or "predudice" is not firmly held solely over the English. This thread has revolved around English people talking about Polish people (in the main) and English people. An English man is well qualified in spotting and outlining elements of nationalism and racism in his fellow country men.

You wouldn't instantly become a racist for applying the law on your own fishery if you caught someone breaking the rules.

You would maybe if you erected a huge sign outside saying no Polish people or Eastern Europeans allowed on the property and began conducting interviews of prospective members to find out the cultural heritage of their anncestors.

I think I'm done with this thread. It's actually quite depressing.

Edited by dant

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't we just love the old chestnut that are forum 'discussions' regarding race, religion and nationality.

Seems like it's the same on every forum...mention the above and all hell breaks loose lol

its all that bubbling :clap2:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dant,

before you make such sweeping statements you should be completely aware of the facts.

the fish for deadbaits claim was just that, backed up by not a single shred of evidence to prove that, rather it was penned from one seriously twisted individual in the EDP, who has since had to offer an apology for a couple of his anti pike fisherman stories.

Repeating this hearsay does nobody any favours.

Mark Barrett

The deadbait statement was one born entirely of my own suspicions. It is un-proven and I qualified it as so by stating that it was conjecture in a later post when pulled (correctly) up on the same point by Budgie.

I believe there to be an element of truth in it..

I am a Pike Fisherman and have fished for Pike on The Broads for around 20 years.

I have not read the pieces in the EDP.

I still firmly believe this practice was in operation for a period of time. I have no proof and only the tackle shop owners know who they bought certain deadbait packs off. I'm not about to start a Hercule Poirot investigation in it.

I think theres still a rouge element at work on the Broads using illegal fyke nets and the like.

Edited by dant

The first part of of your post has no real base in foundation. You use the word 'hate' quite often which I believe is wrong. Certainly the more extremist elements of many cultures who are also unfortunately the more voiciferous, could come under that banner.

I'm not a fan of terms such as 'bunny huggers' 'immigrants' and all the rest of it. Those kind of terms serve only to fan the flames and obscure any reasonable disscussion.

The banners "racist" "bigot" or "predudice" is not firmly held solely over the English. This thread has revolved around English people talking about Polish people (in the main) and English people. An English man is well qualified in spotting and outlining elements of nationalism and racism in his fellow country men.

You wouldn't instantly become a racist for applying the law on your own fishery if you caught someone breaking the rules.

You would maybe if you erected a huge sign outside saying no Polish people or Eastern Europeans allowed on the property and began conducting interviews of prospective members to find out the cultural heritage of their anncestors.

you can "believe" (blair was good at that) anything you want but if a polish person (for instance) pinches fish then he pinches fish just because you or others find it contraversial or discrimitory doesent change a thing.a spade is a spade and calling a fork doesent change its really actually a spade.

and i personally cant see anything wrong with discriminating against some ethnically different its no different to having fees only a small number can afford or having menu's in french only french speaking people can read.

if i owned a water and didnt want poles fishing it (or pole users fishing it) then why shouldnt it be my choice ,at the moment by not being able to choose whoever you please discriminates against me!

if i have the right to choose who-ever comes in my house why not who fishes my lake ,if i wont let one legged guys in my house its my choice but suddenly laws raise their stupid heads so i cant say its because they have one leg but they still wont get in.

ok ok calm down those one legged anglers it was an example ,so long as you make an appointment you may be able to visit ....err are you one legged with ginger hair?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

This is rather a lot of fuss over nothing. People from Eastern Europe have a different culture and they eat coarse fish. Its up to the EA or for private waters the owners to decide whether they want to permit this.

Personally I see no problem if limits are imposed, but I would think most places will decide its not worth the bother. If there is enough demand maybe we will see specialized put and take fisheries as with trout etc.

Also it is worth mentioning this is not some barbaric practice from the hinterlands of civilization as some people seem to be implying. Perch were eaten during the war in Britain (as has been pointed out), and pike and carp were certainly eaten widely in the last century.

In France, carp are prized food fish in some circles and in Austria pike and zander and eaten widely.

Personally if someone knocked a 20lb carp on the head and started gutting I would love to see the face of the nearest member of the bait boat and bedchair brigade.

I think this is just something that goes on and coarse fishing as an industry needs to decide how to manage it rather than just shaking their heads in horror and spouting patriotic dogma.

hat is if you can not find the item you are looking for it will always be in front of you.

It is amazing how often that this happens.

:thumbs:

Have you every being working on some project or another, and found yourself hunting high and low for the hand tool that was in your hand all along? Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

thats discimination ,your discrminating against me because i havent a clue what your talking about :D

you can "believe" (blair was good at that) anything you want but if a polish person (for instance) pinches fish then he pinches fish just because you or others find it contraversial or discrimitory doesent change a thing.a spade is a spade and calling a fork doesent change its really actually a spade.

and i personally cant see anything wrong with discriminating against some ethnically different its no different to having fees only a small number can afford or having menu's in french only french speaking people can read.

if i owned a water and didnt want poles fishing it (or pole users fishing it) then why shouldnt it be my choice ,at the moment by not being able to choose whoever you please discriminates against me!

If someone steals something then he is a thief regardless.

I think the middle part of your post is a null point.

If you have your own water you are free to do as you please. I think to disciminate against certain nationalities without foundation is wrong.

My Grandfather used to have racist tendencies regarding black people, born of countryside narrow mindedness, tabloid scaremongering, fear of an un-known quality, mis-understanding and lack of interaction amongst many other things.

His next door neighbour was born in Guyana and was treated with suspicion by my Granfather for 30 years.

Now my Grandfathers the wrongside of 90 and lacking in mobility his neighbour (who's in his 70's) has been looking out for him, helping him get around and probably qualifies as his best mate.

Theres a bitter irony there.

I think there might be a wind up merchant at work... ©

Edited by dant

Me too old boy. Reasoning on this subject won't get you anywhere, people's opinions are too deep-seated. The only comments I'll add are that in the past I have caught and killed coarse fish accidentally by putting them in a keepnet and by deep hooking them; plus I've killed pike, zander and eels on purpose to eat or give to others to eat, killed some for use as deadbaits and used some as livebait (which despite what some may suggest, will kill them). None of this is illegal (some regrettable). I won't promise not to kill coarse fish to eat in the future nor will I promise not to kill and keep a stock of roach/bream/etc in the freezer for deadbait.

If this thread is REALLY about the deaths of coarse fish as it's claimed and not anything more sinister, I expect (1) a good bo**ocking from those opposed to such practices and (2) threats of what you'll do to me if you see me take a fish to eat.

I'm British by the way - but that apparently doesn't make any difference.

Tight lines all :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music