killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

The British have been eating coarse fish for ever. Just because a few bunny huggers have decided that they do not wish to do so does not mean that it is not a British thing. It has been, is, and as long as I am living and breathing will be the done thing if I choose.

I really am ashamed that we have become such a nation of racist bigots.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should only be allowed in this country if they adopt our customs and become british. If not then they should stay out.

just like the majority of british that come to live in spain eh?they dont learn spanish,sit in "reg and joan from scunthorpes" english bar where they eat their sunday roasts.

are you saying they shouldnt be allowed to live here either?or is it different "as they´re english"

The British have been eating coarse fish for ever. Just because a few bunny huggers have decided that they do not wish to do so does not mean that it is not a British thing. It has been, is, and as long as I am living and breathing will be the done thing if I choose.

I really am ashamed that we have become such a nation of racist bigots.

So am I :clap2: :clap2:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Here's a fairly recent reference to the eating qualities of a few British Fish

From a book written sometime in the late 1400's - I think that establishes it as something of a tradition in Britain :)

Mrs Beaton was also giving good recipes for freshwater fish in the 1800's

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

is that a unabridged version ,"brown bread" implies theres white bread ,"maggots" ? ,methinks in translation from "old" english some big artistic licence was used!!

and fishing for carp (not carps or carpes?) would probably end in death! the bishops had power only second to royalty !

abridged books are like stonehenge (what we see is what the victorians arranged mostly),mostly arranged to what the writer (or architect) thinks it should be ,post the original please :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

and though I cannot find a reference to it just now I know I have seen an Elizabeth David book from the 1950's with Perch recipes if nothing else.

And to bring the whole thing bang up to date both Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Rick Stein have both featured various freshwater fish on TV including carp, pike, and perch.

So yes freshwater fish are eaten in Britain, they always have been and allways will be. Just 'cos some folk don't like it does not make it wrong or illegal.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

unless ofcourse its stolen from a clubs waters (not including rivers) or taken without permission of the owner if the lake is rented.never got round the mud factor in lake fish river fish are far better and ofcourse ownerless

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Rabbit

I have no objection to other EU citizens coming here to work. What I DO object to is them not spending the money they earn in this country. Taking jobs off British workers, only to send the money home is totally out of order. And before the PC brigade start, the British workers can NOT work for the same money, because they have to maintain a house in the UK. Earnings sent home should be subject to appropriate taxation to take account of the differences in cost of living. 90% should just about do it!

Tell me just what sort of job have you been chasing that you were pipped at the Pole?.....pun intented,

Well at least I admit to making a joke which is more than I can say for your post :mellow:

with regards to the pc brigade - dispair at our bigotted racist nation - what a load of crap!

I have worked with a polish geezer before and he made a reasonable effort to follow our customs, that should be a basic premise on the immegrants part - they wany a better life and more money but to do that they should want to become british.

Thats why there is all the racial tension and problems with the muslims, this is england and our heritage and customs should come 1st. Why have we got to write school names in 7 different langauges? its a sodding english school for christs sake. English should be the 1st language used, written and soken by everyone in the country. If you dont like it, go back to your shanty.

And the worst thing about it all is the absolute left of left rubbish that over flows out of some peoples mouths. Should I feel bad about our history and heritage with the slave trade etc, absolutely not. This nation is a joke full of idiots that have been decieved by the new labour - MULTI ethinc country regime, which has brought nothing but tension, dispair and hatred.

And with regards to eating fish - nick et al, yes we brits have dined on our fish stocks, but what right have foreigners got to our fish stocks? can i go to russia and kill sturgeon for caviar? - possibly but there would be consequences. We anglers should club together (punn intended) and make sure we protect our fish stocks. I pay a sodding rod license to catch fish, do they? oh but they dont know about our laws...exactly the problem!!!!!!!!!

Edited by zedhead