killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

Richard

I can accept a couple of typos in a post we all do it; but his post was riddled with them and the constant non capitalisation of words such as British, Polish and Russia suggests these were not inadvertent errors, but poor English and yes it's probably down to how it has been taught, remember he raised the subject of the importance of English not I.

Ergo "English should be the 1st language used, written and soken {sic} by everyone in the country. If you dont like it, go back to your shanty."

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard

I can accept a couple of typos in a post we all do it; but his post was riddled with them and the constant non capitalisation of words such as British suggests these were not inadvertent errors, but poor english and yes it's probably down to how it has been taught, remember he raised the subject of the importance of English not I.

Ergo "English should be the 1st language used, written and soken by everyone in the country. If you dont like it, go back to your shanty."

Tony

There you go Tony.

Tony please take this post in the spirit it was sent i know you will. Richard

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

And with regards to eating fish - nick et al, yes we brits have dined on our fish stocks, but what right have foreigners got to our fish stocks? can i go to russia and kill sturgeon for caviar? - possibly but there would be consequences. We anglers should club together (punn intended) and make sure we protect our fish stocks. I pay a sodding rod license to catch fish, do they? oh but they dont know about our laws...exactly the problem!!!!!!!!!
Go and read the first post again. It was posted by someone in Scotland, where there is NO rod license and where taking course fish for the pot if you want one is NOT AGAINST THE LAW. You can go to Loch Lomond, catch a pike and eat it and nobody can stop you, just like thay could not stop you picking wild fruit to make jam.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have no objection to other EU citizens coming here to work. What I DO object to is them not spending the money they earn in this country. Taking jobs off British workers, only to send the money home is totally out of order. And before the PC brigade start, the British workers can NOT work for the same money, because they have to maintain a house in the UK. Earnings sent home should be subject to appropriate taxation to take account of the differences in cost of living. 90% should just about do it!

On the original subject. If they are taking legal sized fish then it is our fault for not having the laws framed in a way which suits OUR current practices. At present, most of the relevant bye-laws were probably written a hundred years ago. For example why IS there a legal size limit for roach?

What about the hundreds of thousands of pounds of money that are shipped out of the UK every month by Brits? I have to send €500+ to France every month as maintenance for my family, are you suggesting that I be taxed on this? What about the £100,000s if thousands of pounds we spent to buy our properties in France, should we be taxed,again on that too? Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I see naughty Chalky lit the blue touch paper on this one and sat back to watch the fireworks :D I saw a Pole at the Thames the other night, but all he was doing was holding up a telephone wire. However, I always check in the bushes for immmergrents just in case they try to pollute my fine British life with their filthy foreign-ness.

I note that the PC brigade are ruining the racist hatred with their facts, figures and balanced opinions. Damn them :lol:

Sorry, I can't take this topic seriously any more.

(Actually I did see some dirty foreigners when I was zander fishing in the fens last winter. There were about 6 of them, all lure fishing on the opposite bank. The sneaky, shifty devils 'politely' gave our swim a wide berth so they didn't cast over out lines and then, as if sticking two fingers up at the Queen, refused to catch anything. Naturally we were boldly singing our glorious national antham for the duration of this outrage, tears streaming down our British faces.)

First class post Anderoo. :clap: :clap:

Very interesting Steve,

I work nights at a retail store filling shelves. I have my own shelf stacker's law. That is if you can not find the item you are looking for it will always be in front of you.

It is amazing how often that this happens.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

i cant see whats wrong with racism, bigotry or any other forms of discrimination including religeous BUT ofcourse only the english (yes small e on english ,stupidity ? lack of language skills ? nope small means i can type with one hand thus save energy) ARE regarded as bigots racists and descriminatory arn't they B)

we'l just forget that sunni moslems hate shiite's (all of them hate the lot in tilford) ,(theres those small letters again) moslems hate jews ,catholics protestants. and thats just religeon.

then theres poles dislikeing germans ,serbs hating albanians etc etc .

then theres class dislike indian classes refuse to speak to untouchables and their the same lot!!

Why is the banner "racist" "bigot" or "predudice" firmly held over just the english? its bubbling just under the skin of all of us just waiting for an excuse to let it out!! no matter who we are where we live or how were brought up its there ,you may not recognise it but its there ,and better out than in in my oppinion.

if the facts show foreigners pinch fish without permission or without a rod licence it should be said not instantly picked on as some BMP flag waving tripe ,not forgetting than we may do it as well doesent enter the equasion one bit.

if a johny foreigner pinched fish from my clubs lake i would come down hard on him just as i would an "english" person why do i become a racist for saying it ?

if "english" anglers went to germany wouldnt we have to follow their rules!

if x amount of foreigners pinch y amount of fish from Z why cant you say it ,theres no bother if its an "english" gang doing the same thing no chants of racist pigs there ,but put foreigner pinch and fish in the same sentence and the holier than though lot crawl out from under their stones :angry:

remember ignorence isnt an excuse under the law if it applies to us it certainly applies to them whatever their culture!

if some thug came over and raped/killed/stole/abused a kid and made the excuse "its ok in our country" do you think the beaks would shake his hand and send him on his way.the law is the law here wherever you come from

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Oh don't we just love the old chestnut that are forum 'discussions' regarding race, religion and nationality.

Seems like it's the same on every forum...mention the above and all hell breaks loose lol

I appreciate that this is a paticularly hot topic I don't actually want to get involved in issues of a nationalistic type..

I believe that taking wild fish in moderation for the pot is an acceptable pratice. For instance the removal of the odd jack pike I see no harm in, the removal of a 15lb+ apex predator I do.

If anything there could be a bag limit as such, limiting the numbers of a certain species that one person could take in a day.

Also has anyone actually seen 'immigrants' as they are so often desparigingly called, take fish to eat? I hazrad that there's a fair amount of heresay, 'my mate saw', 'this guy i met the other day mentioned' going on.

In Norfolk and Suffolk we have high numbers of people from Poland, Lativa, Lithuania, Czech Rebulic e.t.c, they're here mainly as low paid farmworkers and are often treated with un-founded suspicion and bigotory..

If anything goes missing on a farm they are an instant and easy source of blame.

We had a case of large scale fish taking from the Broads not so long back, thousands of fish were reckoned to of been taken. Who instantly got the blame - our Polish 'friends'.

It turned out to be a highly organised team of Englishmen, some local, using seine and throw nets to take large numbers of small fish Roach, Skimmers, Perch e.t.c Which were then quickly driven of in vans to be blast frozen, to supply the deadbait trade.

How many frozen Roach have you brought from tackle shops in unbranded clear polythene? Odds are weeks previous they were quite happily swimming around in the River Thurne..

I would summise that the greatest threat to our native species come from native folk and some of their overly zealous entrepreneurial activities. Think Crayfish and Mink for example.

I would take issue with someone importing an alien species to a country they don't belong..

I will add that in the recent years since people of a certain nations have been coming to England for work in numbers. I have seen one guy who I figured might be Polish fishing, whether he was fishing for fun or for the table, I don't know as he didn't catch anything.

He was using a paticularly short, crude rod with what looked like telephone cable as line and a strange jerkbait type thing.

Whether the average farm/casual labourer from a poorer European country can or would want to afford the kind of scientific tackle we use in England to catch numbers of certain species, is another thing.

Dant,

before you make such sweeping statements you should be completely aware of the facts.

the fish for deadbaits claim was just that, backed up by not a single shred of evidence to prove that, rather it was penned from one seriously twisted individual in the EDP, who has since had to offer an apology for a couple of his anti pike fisherman stories.

Repeating this hearsay does nobody any favours.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk