Anger At Rising Cost Of Concessionary Rod Licences

Elton

Chris, I know what you mean - I used to have a neighbour (about 30-35 years old) with a "bad back" who got a handout weekly - It only stoppped when the DSS took a photo of him carrying a frig on his back!

Sorry - back to fishing!

so klienboet how do you tell the real disabled anglers from the lead swingers?

do you still think disabled anglers should get a concessionary licence after your last post?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Im still interested in why you think dissabled servicemen should get "every thing free"?

Also I thought that we all (disabled and abled) had allready agreed that the lead swingers are the problem? its not very nice to think you have been put in with these scroungers be it for benifits or rod licence concessions.

Once again not everyone is on a high enough rate of benifit (regardless of income) to live at the same level as even some on minimum wage full time jobs.

Once again I know as Im there! But it seems as usual that so many who are not on benifit/have never been on benifit know so much better.Ah well cant spend all night on this subject as my Lobster and steak meal is nearly ready and my Dom Perignon is getting warm.Left it in the back of the Bently to long......................... after coming back from doing the rounds at the Dole offices...takes me so long to do all my claims etc :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Blue Im still interested in why you think dissabled servicemen should get "every thing free"?

anyone who puts their life on the line to defend their country should be well looked after for the rest of their time on this planet unlike the bad back brigade.

save us a glass of champers will ya budgie ;)

Goodness, what a miserable, mean-spirited, petulant bunch you can be at times!

I am totally in favour of concessions for the disabled. Two of my friends are severely disabled. One is an angler, in his seventies, who has lost the sight in one eye and is currently undergoing treatment to stop his other eye degenerating further. He struggles to see his float, and is desperate to be able to carry on fishing.

Some of you begrudge him a few measly pounds reduction on his rod licence.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Janet

Well said Janet :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Chris, I know what you mean - I used to have a neighbour (about 30-35 years old) with a "bad back" who got a handout weekly - It only stoppped when the DSS took a photo of him carrying a frig on his back!

Sorry - back to fishing!

Funny things bad backs.

I have had 5 spinal operations since 1987 I have had 4 discs removed and two spinal fusions. The last episode was a month in hospital and 6 months in a wheelchair / on crutces.

I take 6 to 8 painkillers every day and have done for the past 20 years. I will probably have to for the rest of my life. I can't stand for more than a few minutes at a time.

I have I suppose a bad back and I have enough documentary proof of that to satisfy anyone.

I don't claim any benefit, I am lucky enough not to have to and I am not registered disabled although I have been told that I could be if I applied.

I play golf 2 or 3 times a week, I go fishing 2 or 3 times a week, I unload shopping from the car and carry it indoors, I cut the grass (3 acres of the stuff) and a few days ago I was splitting a load of logs with an axe.

Does any of this prove that I don't have a bad back?

If the DSS filmed me doing these things It could be used in a court to prove I didn't have a bad back.

What they wouldn't film is me laying on the bed in the evenings in tears from the pain.

I get mightily tired of all the stories of folk with back problems being seen doing something, and then this "evidence" being used against them by people who know NOTHING about it.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

anyone who puts their life on the line to defend their country should be well looked after for the rest of their time on this planet unlike the bad back brigade.

save us a glass of champers will ya budgie ;)

Ah but could it not be argued that when we sign on the doted line and take the Queens shilling we know what we are letting our selves in for? when ill health strikes you that isnt a choice we can make?

I've never bitched about my "war" wound and wouldnt dream of for the reasons above.I think everyone who has paid into the system should get what they are "entitled" to regardless of how it came about.Those who havnt paid in then tough Im afraid and yes much more should be done to ensure only those who are genuine should get it.

Trouble is that as Dave says its very hard to know for sure who is genuine and who is taking the pi$$.It seems that understanding the system and whinning gets you more than your actual situation! The doctors and others who administer the system seem just as unable to make the right decission 100% of the time as any of us.Yes I have met several who treat their dissability/illness as a career!

I struggle to live on what I recieve but the only time I really whine about this is when Im told just what a good screw I am on.Can you imagine how it feels to have £250 a month to live on yet still be told you are raking it in and are a scrounger? I dont expect to be given everthing on a plate regardless of the fact I served my country (active service at that not just tossing it off over in Germany or the likes) or just because I happen to be miss fortunate enough to have become ill.But I also dont expect people to take the **** and tell me how lucky I am!

Having to try and justify why I should recieve a concession on a poxy rod licence for the first time in all these years (years that I have happily been subsidising other people,some of which I've indeed had my doubts about their actual "need" for this concession) takes the biscuit really.

Yeagh ****** to it lets stop my concession I have no problem with that.......but lets stop every bodies then eh? Dont like the "level playing field" with cash handouts then lets stop the "level playing field" full stop.

I will gladly get my own fuel,water,food,dispose of my rubbishetc,dont need no street light,dont care about roads as I cant really afford to run a car.Yes lets stop the welfare system out right.I Mr Dissabled will survive without all of the modern trappings so yes lets forget tax etc not so sure a lot of you "tax payers" will find it so easy though.

Any of you "workers" out there that I scrounge off get "Tax Credit"? any of you with a hoard of kids get any "Child Benifit"? Ah but I suppose thats different?

So easy to take the moral high ground isnt it? Come and live in my shoes.

To be honest, rather than giving random concessions here there and everywhere, I'd rather we just made sure that those who can't work through no fault of their own are adequately provided for so they don't need a few quid off.

As far as the system goes, and the swingers of the lead, I have no faith in the judgements made by the medical staff employed by the DSS. Mum's disability benefits were drastically cut, despite her heart condition which affected her mobility and ability to work. She was in her fifties at the time and had paid into the system all her working life from starting work as a shop girl in her teens. She could have appealed, but she'd already been through a tribunal once (and won), but the stress had worsened her condition the previous time and she didn't feel well enough to go through that again. I know of other people who are far less restricted by their disability but didn't get their benefits cut. The system benefits those most able to play it, IMO.

Steve I can empathise with your Mums situation,it apears that the biggest problem is that those who do have a genuine problem and have been used to working and paying their dues over the years find the whole buisness of benifits,not working,being skint and having to ask for help extremely distastefull and humilliating........................whilst the scroungers dont.As I said it seems to me that to days civvy street motto is "who whines gets".