Camouflage this, camouflage that, camouflage everything!

goosequill

Apologies if this topic may have been discussed before..... (and don't take it too seriously...)

Every time I go in a tackle shop I do what most of us do and spend far too much time looking at 'bits and pieces', new gear, the bargain box etc, etc, instead of what I went in there for, a pint of maggots.

I have noticed lately that more and more items of tackle (rod-rests, electonic bite alarms, landing net handles etc) have the 'camo' treatment. Are things getting a bit silly now - camouflaged bite alarms? WHAT?

I often lose enough brightly coloured bits of tackle in the undergrowth, if I started buying this stuff I would have no chance - I'd be leaving stuff everywhere when I pack up at the end of the day lol!

More interesting is the clothing thing - I can see the logic in that to an extent, blending in with the surroundings. If you took it a step further though, would grey clothing be the best thing - e.g. lets all dress like a Heron?? Grey is a universal colour that surprisingly blends in on a number of levels - speed cameras, navy ships, high voltage electrical transmission equipment are a few examples I can think off.

So, should we stop wearing the subdued greens and browns and all now make our own Heron suits and squack loudly around dusk time??

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goosequill

I think I have said it before but Dazzle camouflage is the only way to go; we will all look like refugess from a Kiss concert, see below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony_U

ROFL!!! Pricesless, but that first picture looks bizzare!!

I off to the Royal Academy to be painted right now......

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Camouflaged maggots one presumes.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

its like the black stereo or tv and the silver versions just an excuse to modernise it by bringing back the old one ,soon camo will be the old black

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

:lol::lol:

(I will avoid the obvious joke about nearly missing this topic...)

I reckon you're on to something there. New from Fox, the Heron Bait Beak - load it up and spit your boilies into those tricky spots :rolleyes:

The camo scene is a funny thing. Especially when you're fishing at 80 yards and smacking your trendy stainless steel bank sticks in with a mallet :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

All these camo users should read up on their prey. I have read that as long as you don't make a lot of noise and don't walk up and down on the bank - you're all right!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I may try the Heron suit thing, but alas, I don't think my local 'costume hire' has my size. This means I have to make one.

I am off to google 'make your own personalised Heron disguise kit'.

Visit My Galleries

grey is my fave colour for blending in anywere coupled with washed out faded green

dont think the fish appreciate it though unless of course its the lovely shiny blanks with the high gloss finish that worries them at times