A sad end to a luminous career

Ken L

KenL wrote

''What Watson said was right. What was wrong was his insensitivity, but he wasn't hounded out of a job for being insensitive, he was hounded out of a job for saying something that people couldn't deal with after years of PC culture''.

Oh so if we don't agree with such a vile statement then it's because we are too PC, what crap you talk. remember it was the vilification of the blacks that brought about slavery, as with the death camps in Nazi Germany,. It was the anaesthetic for those who committed such horrors that these people were branded sub-human. :angry:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I suggest that any of you good folk who have an interest in this particular subject (i.e. a race or genetic effect on intelligence) take a look at the huge number of studies which have been done in many parts of the world.

There seems to be a conflict with the means of testing, debates about the accuracy of an 'intelligence' test compared to an 'IQ' test. (Way above my head). But from what I have read there would appear to be a link between inherent intelligence and genetic background. Interestingly, most of the argument on this thread seems to revolve around the slur against Black folk when I found another fact to be more interesting. It appears that the East Asian races regularly prove more intelligent than whites. That can hardly be termed racial prejudice.

A simple google search will bring up hours of reading.

Why Not ?

Because you are a white man I presume.

Simply Google Fart and you can read for even longer. :lol:

Oh yes I can remember the one that was conducted in Africa by Africans that concluded that all thier finding where usless because the Question was To difficult for them to Comprehend.

are these findings ratefied by the United nations I dought it some how.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

pointless saying all the races /countries are equal when theres blatent inequality in the people who live in them ,to bring it closer would you say all the members of your immediate family are equal in everything? johny may be good at puzzles whilst jenny maybe a great cook you cant judge on different things.

amused me the "white" brazilian farmer in FB's post are they white ? are brazilian people who's ancestors are brazilian black or does white mean your of spanish ancestry which brings to the fore are spaniards white ??

but look closer who produces most in africa is it the blacks or white farmers ,look at mr mugabe and his antics ,no white farmers and back to barely producing anything ,is it the whites fault producing food or the blacks inability to copy it??? you have to have some sort of inequality you cant all be chiefs and you cant be all indians ,you need someone to tell the rest what to do and without indians theres no chiefs ,this scenario goes from family to industry singling out the chiefs and gagging them puts a spanner in the works and they all suffer.

the labour party hates the big land owner swiftly forgetting they employed ,housed and educated those around them who do they think put up the money to start mills mines and industry.their escapades in the lords is nothing more than spite forgetting the rich propped up the poor ,after all a bad wage is better than no wage at all ,the same could be said of white farmers and employees

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well, I've been trying to find the article that I was reading about 6 months ago that tore apart the earlier studies but cocluded that recent investigations indicate that as uncomforable as it may be, there is a small but real difference.

Unfortunatly, with so much flaming going on about Watson's comments, it's proved impossible to find but I have come accross plenty of fairly nasty comments and conclusions. along the way.

Sufice to say that I'm sorry to see the man bow out amid a storm like this one.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well, I've been trying to find the article that I was reading about 6 months ago that tore apart the earlier studies but cocluded that recent investigations indicate that as uncomforable as it may be, there is a small but real difference.

Unfortunatly, with so much flaming going on about Watson's comments, it's proved impossible to find but I have come accross plenty of fairly nasty comments and conclusions. along the way.

Sufice to say that I'm sorry to see the man bow out amid a storm like this one.

Oh well Ken keep searching I am sure you will come up with something..... try the BNP website :thumbs:

At the risk of attracting the ire of the PC brigade. Try this one for size.

Hitler, was only wrong because Germany lost WWII. After all, whats the difference between the Natzis and the KKK?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

remember it was the vilification of the blacks that brought about slavery

You really need to read some history Rabbit or if you've read some, you need to pay attention when you come across facts that don't exactly match your world view.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At the risk of attracting the ire of the PC brigade. Try this one for size.

Hitler, was only wrong because Germany lost WWII.

How do you work that one out?

It's like saying Sutcliffe was only wrong because he got caught. :blink:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

But anecdotal evidence can't be generalised to wider populations, which is what distinguishes it from scientific evidence.

Which is exactly the point I made - ie that I'm not interested in the scientific studies, only the anecdotal evidence that applies to me!

...and BTW I take aspirin also!

...and, like Doc Martin's patient's mum, I smoke a pipe! (note to self - take especial care not to lose said pipe when reaching age 93)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...