• Just fish
    • Fish and shoot
    • Fish and hunt
    • Fish, shoot and hunt

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corydoras wrote don't know anything about it but I don't want to do it myself therefore I think it should be banned" party who supported the ban.

This is what i said earlier in the post and i have never nor will i ever go hunting but that doesnt mean i want it banned.

Live baiting is another topic that fires up a forum in the same way as this but again dont like it dont do it , Anderoo have to say i think the general public do link the three sports/pastimes together right or wrong just my take on it mind Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

post-10964-1224142939_thumb.jpg

Yes fishing in the UK is changing, but as someone who's tinkered in game fishing for a good few years, Ive never had any doubt that fishing has its roots as a blood sport (hunter, quarry).

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I accept that those who unthinkingly cast out their set lines and then doze off in their bivvies are trappers, but any angler who actively seeks out his prey is, by definition, a hunter of fish. Probably about half of us trap fish, about half of us hunt fish.

I'm very aware how the general public sees fishing. Like I said, I think I'm in the minority, and was just testing the water, if you like. I happen to think that as mainstream angling 'develops' in the UK, it's becoming pretty much indefensible. (A case in point - according to the AT lots of KHV-hit commercials have been granted permission to restock with barbel. Lakes with virtually no natural food which were dug and grossly overstocked with carp just so they can be caught and recaught for fun are hit by disease - surely no surprise - and are allowed to restock with a river fish, whose only reason for existence is likewise to be continually caught and released.)

I don't like the idea of shooting or hunting but readily accept that they're necessary to some degree and achieve something. I would never add my name for a ban on either. I also accept that my knowledge of either is limited. I just don't see the angling I do in the same category, except the shared 'hunting instinct'. Strange, though, isn't it, that I'd find shooting and hunting easier to defend than fishing?

This will be my last comment, thanks to everyone who voted and/or posted :) You've all been very polite :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

post-10964-1224142939_thumb.jpg

Yes fishing in the UK is changing, but as someone who's tinkered in game fishing for a good few years, Ive never had any doubt that fishing has its roots as a blood sport (hunter, quarry).

no wonder your smiling, crackin catch. :D

Tigger wrote - "It's not all about killing foxes klein it's a country pastime/sport/get together/meeting which also involves disposeing of a few unwanted Foxes.!"

Try Changing the wod foxes for Poles, Blacks or any other race!! Why do you think foxes are any different to people as far as killing them is concerned.

I am an angler, and I make BL**dy sure that I look after my catch, returning it to the water as soon as possible! We have been through all the BS of "do fish feel pain?" - I know that I have caught the same fish several times at the same session!

But if I had to KILL the fish I catch , I would STOP angling!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Tigger wrote - "It's not all about killing foxes klein it's a country pastime/sport/get together/meeting which also involves disposeing of a few unwanted Foxes.!"

Try Changing the wod foxes for Poles, Blacks or any other race!! Why do you think foxes are any different to people as far as killing them is concerned.

:blink:

are you seriously comparing the killing of a fox to a human? :blink:

I am an angler, and I make BL**dy sure that I look after my catch, returning it to the water as soon as possible! We have been through all the BS of "do fish feel pain?" - I know that I have caught the same fish several times at the same session!

But if I had to KILL the fish, I would STOP angling!!!!!!!!!!

KB I seriously think that you should stop fishing. No really :rolleyes:

As a matter of interest do you eat meat....fish......eggs......dairy produce? 'cos if you do it's just like killing Australians you know.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/