Ide

dapper64

google is your friend :)

i dug up this on wiki "dont beleive everything you read" pedia and then this pic from www.flyfishingandmore.com

winde.jpg

Yep, Chris Plumb is spot on. The golden jobbies are just an ornamental strain.

The Ide has always struck me as somewhat of a 'Super Dace'. They're from the same family as Chub and Dace and another fish we must of only just missed out on with the end of the last Ice Age.

I have just been looking on bradford no 1 website as I intend becomeing a member and one of their waters is stocked with Ide,as any body got any photos of an Ide or caught one?

I assume it's the Calder your on about?

There are quite a few in there, they seemed to like the gravel run that was built near the Corn Mill, and thrived.

When I first caught one it reminded me of some sort of roach/chub cross, and fought like a demon.

I've only had them to about 1 1/2 lb, but seen them much bigger in there.

I think they came in with a restocking of roach, about 10-15 yrs ago.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Ide/orfe is common here in holland on the bigger rivers

i catch them with a floating crust of bread or with small plugs and spinners

post-7691-1195661284_thumb.jpg

post-7691-1195661348_thumb.jpg

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

they are supposed to have more tolerance to cold water so may bite when others dont?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I assume it's the Calder your on about?

There are quite a few in there, they seemed to like the gravel run that was built near the Corn Mill, and thrived.

When I first caught one it reminded me of some sort of roach/chub cross, and fought like a demon.

I've only had them to about 1 1/2 lb, but seen them much bigger in there.

I think they came in with a restocking of roach, about 10-15 yrs ago.

John.

Hi john, its gratix lane dam in sowerby bridge ,Have you fished there?