EFTTA - Sea Fishing Licence

Elton

Anyone like to hazard a guess on the RSA uptake?

Yes there is a guy down the south west who challenged defra in 07 to accept or deny goverment funded research that stated the rsa uptake is 1.4% of the commercial landings. Defra would not accept or deny that it was an acurate figure. Posted it before.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the 'Fifth Column' is in denial again ... they just hate facts and they like no facts even more!

:schmoll:

Haven't denied any thing HA , just trying not to let this thread collapse into a senseless slagging match [Edited] [this thread] at the moment is about DEFRA not asking Leon's permission to increase the UNDER 10 inshore boats quota for cod rays and sole, his perception that with the licence deal will come the power to dictate to DEFRA on fishery management for the good of RSA.

I claim that the RSA take on COD is probably more than the UNDER TEN sector so the chances are that along with licenses and being involved in fishery management will come stringent cuts in what COD RSA can catch.

Edited by John S
Removed some childish comments that could have resulted in another bout of slagging off

I fish to live and live to fish.

Yes there is a guy down the south west who challenged defra in 07 to accept or deny goverment funded research that stated the rsa uptake is 1.4% of the commercial landings. Defra would not accept or deny that it was an acurate figure. Posted it before.

Hello Barry

I doubt that 1.4% has any baring on the cod uptake by RSA comparing with the UNDER 10 sector.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I see the 'Fifth Column' is in denial again ... they just hate facts and they like no facts even more!

:schmoll:

Hi HA

The EU sets haddock quotas up off Scotland theres loads of haddock, does ICES known that I think not, the discards suggest that ICES are as you put it in denial over the haddock stocks

So the other year afew Scottish vessels had to leave a good haddock fishery and went to the SW and joined the bass mid-water pair trawling fishery, you cannot blame them for that, they need to earn aliving somewhere.

You moan and groan about not catching more and larger bass from the beach, you moan and groan about haddock discards, and yet if the Scottish bass pair teams stayed in Scotland and were allowed to catch the very adbundant haddock then you may very well have been catching more and larger bass from your own beach

There are many factors that create discards, and yet you only want to blame UK fishermen and no one else, until you realise that it is not just UK fishermen that create discards then YOU are the one that is in denial

steve

Hello Ian

We are comparing the under ten meter boats catch for the southern north sea and channel nothing much to do with haddock in the northern north sea nor larger trawlers perhaps you have some reverent figures?

Anyone like to hazard a guess on the RSA uptake?

Hi Wurzel

I just had a bit of a Guiness moment :thumbs::rolleyes:

The main reason if i remember rightly through blured eyes was; :blink: An earlier post had said the Eu was looking into RSA catches and then Challenges made the post about 10 metre boats and RSA catches.

The only reason they could be possibly be compared is because bad management has reduced Cod down to such low numbers; then to turn round and say "Welll you catch as many as us; is unbelievable"

Across the North Sea there will be more discards this year then RSA will ever catch collectively in a lifetime. To make comparisons for a small 15 mile radius from Whitby is ludicrous

You have to look at the whole picture and that's why i brought the discards in.

I do believe the Whitby RSA folk are being too Insular. Yes there may be Cod of Whitby at the moment but who knows what's round the corner.

I think you said in an earlier post, about it not being true that skippers had gone bust due to poor stocks. You try telling that to the 80 West coast skippers that have disappeared through the loss of Cod in the Clyde.

People used to travel from Yorkshire to the Clyde because the Cod fishing was that good. Just ten years ago a 30 pound cod from the shore at Balcary was a possibility. All that's left is dabs.

I am chuffed Glen and Paul have got themselves organised but i still believe they have to keep pushing rightly for their own patch as well as supporting RSA as a whole and i don't mean rod licenses and the golden mile

They might be just glad of the support of others if the Cod disappear of Whitby

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

The EU sets haddock quotas up off Scotland theres loads of haddock

Hi Steve,

How many year classes are being targeted, and do you know the percentage abundance of each year class?

I seem to remember that there were concerns about a very good year class which needs to be eked out to sustain the fishery year on year, rather than all taken at once.

Regards, Leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Oh dear Steve .... mixing me up with someone else?

Hi H.A.

........ You moan and groan about not catching more and larger bass from the beach, you moan and groan about haddock discards

Naughty, naughty .... change of direction now is it? Discredit and refute!

I have NEVER mentioned haddock (whatever they are!).

I have never moaned about the size of bass from my local beach (13-12-0), taa! (You let some slip, Steve!)

Look, let it not be said that I am unhelpful to the commercial fellahs on here.

I'll put up a list of reasons why the commercial fleet is not responsible for present low fish stocks around the UK .... all you need to do then is to copy and paste the relevant excuse you wish to use.

Save us wading through loadsa hogwash, eh?

Just tick the boxes if you like -

A. It's Global Warming.

B. I have 0 discards; can't be me!

C. It's the bloody French/Spanish/Belgies/Swedes, not us! (Circle them all to cover all bases)

D. We're in a different ICES area, so it's not our problem.

E. It's the over 10s, not us; why should we be concerned.

F. It doesn't happen. It's just science stuff and ain't worth the paper it's printed on.

G. You don't know anything about it like we commercials do.

H. It's Brussels; we have no chance. No wonder our lads get hauled into court each week.

I. We have to break the law to make an honest living!

J. It's blowing a gale.

K. My bottom is covered in barnacles.

L. My boats has been on dry land for the past 6 weeks, your Honour.

M. My catch is dogfish, the soles are just By-Catch. That's allowed innit?

N. My name is Pedro Manuel Olathabel, your Honour. My family has fished three miles off Hastings for the past 200 years.

O. Bruddy RSAs take all our fish! Laden to the gunnels they are!

O. No speekee English!

etc

etc

:rolleyes:

Paul.

What is there to stop you putting 2000 pots in the sea?

What is there to stop you fishing for souls or cod come to that?

Commercial fishermen have to be accountable for everything they catch. Are you and your anglers?

Rsa catch more cod from Whitby than the under ten meter boats do.

Don’t go down that path Paul because it is the last place you want to go in your campaign to stop legislation being enforced on the rsa industry.

Regards.

As you are now an employe of the northeastern sea fisheries one of your comrades in arms simon prince said in scarborough last week anglers catch to much and they should have quota aystem and rod licences does this nugget realize just what he is saying in 1994 1.6 milloin pounds was estimated to go into the whitby economy through sea angling that figure is probably over 3 million now in 2008 that meeting was minuited and his words were recored i do hope his and your boss sees a bit more sense on this issue i am at a meeting with whitby counclil tommorow night people are now begining to ask questions but it would glad to hear the official stance being taken by the northestern sea fisheries just what they think charetboats no more in whitby people haveing to pay to fish in the sea jobs lost people are outraged by the thought of rod licences it is a tax nothing more anybody who thinks bigger and better fish will come with a licence are vastly mistaken t.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

As you are now an employe of the northeastern sea fisheries one of your comrades in arms simon prince said in scarborough last week anglers catch to much and they should have bag limits and rod licences does this nugget realize just what he is saying in 1994 1.6 milloin pounds was estimated to go into the whitby economy through sea angling that figure is probably over 3 million now in 2008 that meeting was minuited and his words were recored i do hope his and your boss sees a bit more sense on this issue i am at a meeting with whitby counclil tommorow night people are now begining to ask questions but it would glad to hear the official stance being taken by the northestern sea fisheries just what they think charetboats no more in whitby people haveing to pay to fish in the sea jobs lost people are outraged by the thought of rod licences it is a tax nothing more anybody who thinks bigger and better fish will come with a licence are vastly mistaken t.

That isn't factually correct

Edited by glennk

Hi Paul,

Ill have to reply, If you are to quote something you really need to get it right. He referred to charter boats and he said a quota system not bag limits.

Now corrected ?Thats even dafter as he was shot down in flames by the audience.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg