E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Err........"the over privileged public school boy scum" that I watched on the tv. But they were Tory MP's so to be expected, whether they voted "for" or "against" May sways my opinion not one jot.

Replace American with British. Works just fine..

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The cabinet could stil tell her to resign the exactly the same as what happened to Mrs thatcher the Tory party is in total disarray they need a New a leader this surely cant go on she says she wont lead them into the next election dont hold your breath she lies constantly she aint going anyway she has no honour pigheaded her arrogance she thinks she has won the World Cup when the Brexit vote appears again which she run away from the same exact same people who voted for her last night will stick her in the back its all crazy her time is up she has failed but wont admit it this Brexit circus just goes on and on and on becoming even more laughable and labour havent been any better either failing to capitalise on a government as it stands are a shambles the world looking at Britain just what the hell they see .is anybodys business. The bbc which in now pro Brexit will today portray Mrs May today as some sort of god sit back and watch if you can stomach it .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod,

Burning the midnight oil. Does this really bother you this much? I read several versions of this today (yesterday). These folks said what they said. Why are you trying to tell all of us what they really said. They said what they said and it was reported identical in every source I read - with "-"

In any event you need to stop bad mouthing the "other side" and tell us what YOU want and hammer away on that. You're getting lost in your own muck unless everyone, including the press, but you is telling the story straight away.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings - but she's started her do ra me's

Phone

There is nothing stopping us making and enforcing our own laws. There are things that are legal in France that are illegal here and vice versa.

Macron has proposed changes to the French constitution. I doubt that he had to ask any body of the EU before he did so,

https://www.france24.com/en/20180720-proposed-french-constitutional-reforms-spark-concerns-over-separation-powers

How do you explain the differing laws on recreational cannabis use throughout the EU if as you seem to think EU countries cannot make their own laws Ken?

But it's all rendered pointless if actions that are in contravention of the constitution can be appealed to a higher supranational authority.

Try telling Americans that the UN has put a stop to their free speech and you'll get short shrift.

Do the same in Austria and the populous are forced to accept that they can't call Mohammed a paedophile..

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Big Cod,

Burning the midnight oil. Does this really bother you this much? I read several versions of this today (yesterday). These folks said what they said. Why are you trying to tell all of us what they really said. They said what they said and it was reported identical in every source I read - with "-"

In any event you need to stop bad mouthing the "other side" and tell us what YOU want and hammer away on that. You're getting lost in your own muck unless everyone, including the press, but you is telling the story straight away.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings - but she's started her do ra me's

Phone

Bad mouthing the other side unless you missed something phone 2+ years the whole brexit scenario has been a total and utter farce her way or nobodys way she has failed and she wont except the fact again she should resign bottom line a third of her party think so the other two thirds havent the balls to come out and say it but they will be thinking it she lost there majority for no good reason bottom line she probably has the worst record of any PM in modern times how she had so many home goals now what I want is another is what I have said all along is another referendum whether that materialises is another matter it has a very good chance some agree some disagree which is Brexit all over the country is split a bit like the states with trump except he is 10 times worse than Teresa may he is serial liar and proud of it . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

It was always the case that the EU would come out on top in any negotiations. They are bigger, stronger, more powerful and have a much clearer idea of what they wanted and needed to achieve. UK negotiators are a disorganised rabble who are too busy fighting amongst themselves to fight with anyone else.

It's ironic that the man who coined the term BREXIT never wanted the UK to leave the EU, he wanted the UK to exert its authority and become the leading force within the EU. If our "leaders" had expended a fraction of the time, money and energy making the EU more effective and better for the UK, that they have spent on this farce of a brexit, then they would not now have to go to Brussels, cap in hand, begging for handouts and concessions.

All this faux nationalism and talk of "freedom from the EU tyranny" is, as my old granny used to say, a load of ******.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

But it's all rendered pointless if actions that are in contravention of the constitution can be appealed to a higher supranational authority.

Try telling Americans that the UN has put a stop to their free speech and you'll get short shrift.

Do the same in Austria and the populous are forced to accept that they can't call Mohammed a paedophile..

Hang on a second.

As I understand it, the Austrian domestic courts made that decision.

The appeal was made to the ECHR

The ECHR declined to override the judgment of the Austrians.

The ECHR did not take away free speech from the Austrians. The Austrians did, and the ECHR agreed with them.

• Like 2

Big Cod.

You pretty well summed up what I wanted to say in your first sentence - "2+ years". But then your spoil it. By what wild stretch of the imagination is it "her way or nobody's way". I don't remember her casting 50+% of the votes. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought David Cameron was PM at the time of the vote? I fail to fathom what a statement like "worst record of any PM in modern times" even means? That kind of talk is BS without some explanation. Frankly I thought Neville Chamberlain's appeasement of the Nazis sucked. But that's simply my opinion as well.

I still think you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

Phone

• Like 1

Big Cod.

You pretty well summed up what I wanted to say in your first sentence - "2+ years". But then your spoil it. By what wild stretch of the imagination is it "her way or nobody's way". I don't remember her casting 50+% of the votes. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought David Cameron was PM at the time of the vote? I fail to fathom what a statement like "worst record of any PM in modern times" even means? That kind of talk is BS without some explanation. Frankly I thought Neville Chamberlain's appeasement of the Nazis sucked. But that's simply my opinion as well.

I still think you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

Phone

As for Teresa being one of the worst PM s in modern times in her short period as PM in one of most serious decisions in 40 years plus and she has failed as you will see very shortly she sold her party down the river by having an election she did not need to have a Hugh mistake on her behalf her judgement is very poor putting it mildly look at windrush scandal which she herself played a part poor judgement certainly and to have it Teresa way all it was Teresas way or nobody elses look how many Brexit secretarys have resigned she is pig headed her way or nobodys way and that has come to haunt her and will be her downfall. Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Strange isn't it.

We have the prominent leavers, the ones who are always trumpeting about how they won the vote and democracy must be respected, so the losers should just shut up about it, lost a vote by a much larger margin last Wednesday and are now whinging to anyone who will listen that the vote shows May no longer has "moral authority" to lead and should resign immediately.

It seems that votes are only important if they produce the outcome you wanted.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/