E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

It's attidudes like that that had British Steel buying coal from Poland in the 1970s. I used to work on bulk carriers in the '70s we used to run backwards and forwards between Gdansk/Gdynia to Immingham or Recdcar. Talk about taking coals to Newcastle.

I often worked on the ore unloaders at Redcar maintainable when I was in my teens cheap coal from Poland again polish miners £10 a week could anybody live on that here cheap Chinese Steele shutting Steele plants down all over Europe it happens but it ain't all to do with unions thats an an illusion .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Ofcourse its the unions its what unions do they huff and puff and everybody falls down

Your getting terribly confused its not cheap we are extremely expensive and its firmly down to unions ,unions do their best for their members so much so they put them on the dole because the company can no longer compete ,blimey your head must be solid right through if you cannot grasp simple things like commerce and competition

If your miner earned 10 grand a week but only produced 1 grands worth of coal how long do you think the company will stay in business ?how long do you think miner was employed at those rates ,its not foreign cheap labour its extremly expensive uk labour so much so a few million foreigners came here to guarantee getting work simply by not demanding huge wages ,they know perfectly well if they did their advantage would disapear and ofcourse few will be in meddling unions run by pricks up their own jacksies

Lets make it childishly simple ,how long could you stay in business if everyday you put £100 quids worth of fuel (wages)in your boat and only took £45 in fees (takings) from anglers ?

Two ways round it buy cheaper fuel or make the anglers pay more ,pay more and boat next door undercuts you and adds your anglers to theirs and survives

Its the same with little people like you and multinationals ,no profit no company ,all workers gone company goes abroad cheap labour (fuel) and they theen can compete and probably profit

You also have no concept of inflation ,we'll discus that later

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have said it before i would love to own your blinkers ,you only ever mention nissan which in most probability its unions are bribed to keep their noses out and not destroy the company yet totally ignore all the unions that put millions on the dole because they turned the country into a laughing stock with continual strike action that not only drove the companies to fold or drove them abroad or into foreign ownership because the owners couldnt stomach the constant whining from the union pillocks,show's putting millions on the dole great for unions and their despicable leaders?

Look around your house ,just count how much is made overseas ,why is that ? not enough union meddling or in the past far to much?

Unfortunately you live in a fantasy world while i live in the real one where jobs are not for life ,if you refuse to work you get sacked and asking for more pay can tip the balance between a company competing and going under ,you of course prefer the latter

I have sat in union meetings listening to union leaders making up scenarios to cause strike action so they can thumb their noses at the bosses ,i have no reason at all to think anything has changed just like in politics you give a bit of **** power and they WILL abuse it

Remember without the owners stumping up the money no jobs would exist and hopefully in my lifetime the sorry state of unions (employees) telling the bosses what to do is a long forgotten memory

Higher pay = less workers = more robats who dont need good working condition and a tea break every five minutes and especially they dont need unions to ruin things.. If unions get to cocky chinese workers who dont complain ,work all hours under the sun and for very little get the work ,its so obvious work it out for yourself

And robots as well!

Theres a reason nissan exists here and its nothing to do with unions the benificial part of unions went when they stopped asking with offers and started demanding with threats

Linwood and Ravenscraig pop into mind. Another reason that Chinese stuff is so cheap is that the costs of tooling up production lines is low. It gives them a huge advantage over the competition, especially when manufacturing things that are high cost but low volume.

It's not just the Chinese you have to worry about. The Malaysian car manufacurer Proton is not just building a massive car factory but is also building an entire new city to service it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_City

Of course we could not do that here, we don't have the room.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

You been down a pit Chesters .

Cannot answer on Chesters behalf, but I have, have you?

Union basted hey what an attitude from a low life prick . .

Uncalled for BC. I enjoy your input on topics of which I personally have little knowledge, like scalloping, and that is the way to progress an argument further, but like I said, uncalled for.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Linwood and Ravenscraig pop into mind. Another reason that Chinese stuff is so cheap is that the costs of tooling up production lines is low. It gives them a huge advantage over the competition, especially when manufacturing things that are high cost but low volume.

It's not just the Chinese you have to worry about. The Malaysian car manufacurer Proton is not just building a massive car factory but is also building an entire new city to service it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_City

Of course we could not do that here, we don't have the room.

I expect some members forget that the wealthy they appear to hate also built vast numbers of houses for their workers ,built the very infrastructure that kept them in a job and cared for them in later life.

They forget these wealthy people want something back in return or there wass no point in gambling their money .

The whole industrial revolution was funded by the wealthy ,the mills ,the mines ,the steel works ,the canals and ship building ,yes the workers were exploited and then the unions appeared. firstly they were good a sort of club who helped those that were sick or those families of the sick or dead in accidents but soon power corrupted them and slowly they undermined the companies ,demanded the undeliverable and upset the apple cart until the 60's and 70's when they intentionally destroyed the very companies that employed them .

Not a lot has happened except the closed shop has gone but still the unions demand the undeliverable and hurt the workers in the RMT case i hope it doesnt stop with guards we already have driverless trains soon technology will make it safe for all trains to be driverless then see where the fat cat union bosses are ...on the fricking dole with the staff their postering and demanding power mad ramblings eventually put there

Cory scotlands almost empty a few bulldozers flattening those hills and it could be twice the size and plenty of room for a few cities it will help lower the house prices in commuterbelt surrey as well ,we can send back the scots and chuck in 3 million EU members as well LOL

Africa is ripe for exploitation ,poor people with no prospects trained to do 1 thing only thats only used in one place ,might save a few million bailing them out year after year as well.

Crazy syystem at the moment we send them money to buy food ,they grow flowers to pay it back instead of growing the food they need ,makes sense in the world of charities i suppose?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I expect some members forget that the wealthy they appear to hate also built vast numbers of houses for their workers ,built the very infrastructure that kept them in a job and cared for them in later life.

They forget these wealthy people want something back in return or there wass no point in gambling their money .

The whole industrial revolution was funded by the wealthy ,the mills ,the mines ,the steel works ,the canals and ship building ,yes the workers were exploited and then the unions appeared. firstly they were good a sort of club who helped those that were sick or those families of the sick or dead in accidents but soon power corrupted them and slowly they undermined the companies ,demanded the undeliverable and upset the apple cart until the 60's and 70's when they intentionally destroyed the very companies that employed them .

Not a lot has happened except the closed shop has gone but still the unions demand the undeliverable and hurt the workers in the RMT case i hope it doesnt stop with guards we already have driverless trains soon technology will make it safe for all trains to be driverless then see where the fat cat union bosses are ...on the fricking dole with the staff their postering and demanding power mad ramblings eventually put there

Cory scotlands almost empty a few bulldozers flattening those hills and it could be twice the size and plenty of room for a few cities it will help lower the house prices in commuterbelt surrey as well ,we can send back the scots and chuck in 3 million EU members as well LOL

Africa is ripe for exploitation ,poor people with no prospects trained to do 1 thing only thats only used in one place ,might save a few million bailing them out year after year as well.

Crazy syystem at the moment we send them money to buy food ,they grow flowers to pay it back instead of growing the food they need ,makes sense in the world of charities i suppose?

The town where I grew up was built by the guys who built the textile bleaching and printing works and a car factory.

They were not Jerry built crap either. Red sandstone tenement blocks and terraced cottages. The tenements had hot and cold running water and one bathroom shared between two. Absolute luxury in 1908.

Thre is plenty of room down here chesters. The problem is not lack of room, it's who owns the room, the bloody church and Crown Estates.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

The town where I grew up was built by the guys who built the textile bleaching and printing works and a car factory.

They were not Jerry built crap either. Red sandstone tenement blocks and terraced cottages. The tenements had hot and cold running water and one bathroom shared between two. Absolute luxury in 1908.

Fricking luxury in the 60's as well ,before we moved to Folkestone when i was 17 i had never had a bath in a bathroom ,cold water tap and hot water boiled in a copper and the bath was tin .

Being the eldest i was always the last in the bath ,a lukewarm creamy white liquid and hair you could play songs on when it dried ,we went swimming a lot it was cleaner lol.

Some youngsters think they have it a bit hard but when your cold in bed and you used your coat ontop to keep warm and you had to light the oven to warm your house (if you had a shilling for the gas) and your tea if you had it was the only meal that day was hard but strangely as a kid never new it was.

The house we are in now is the first house with gas central heating ,the last one had oil but it was rarely used at £400 a month (bugger knows how much more it is now) it was high days and holidays before that was on.

Ofcourse we had it tuff is the next remark expected LOL

Hot water coming out a tap still gives me a thrill but in one house we did have an ascot ,it didnt work but it looked like it was good my dad was in the navy so i guess money was short until i was about 7

Edited by chesters1

Cannot answer on Chesters behalf, but I have, have you?

Uncalled for BC. I enjoy your input on topics of which I personally have little knowledge, like scalloping, and that is the way to progress an argument further, but like I said, uncalled for.

Ah Hugh have I been down a mine the answer is YES boulby pottash mine probably the deepest mine in Europe i worked in the processing plant on the surface and now and again went down the mine to do maintainance jobs and yes just In a boiler suit and just a pair of boxer shorts in the shear heat down there it's roughly a mile deep .

Now as for Chesters calling union members bastards now that's uncalled for 450,000 nursers union members in fact millions of union members

in this country totally out of order.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I didnt call the members bastards i called the union bosses and their whining little **** commie subordinates bastards

Ps the union membership is half of what it was in 1979 .i suppose there isnt one for the long term unemployed i doubt their former union give much support now they put them on it

Edited by chesters1

Ah Hugh have I been down a mine the answer is YES boulby pottash mine probably the deepest mine in Europe i worked in the processing plant on the surface and now and again went down the mine to do maintainance jobs and yes just In a boiler suit and just a pair of boxer shorts in the shear heat down there it's roughly a mile deep .

Now as for Chesters calling union members bastards now that's uncalled for 450,000 nursers union members in fact millions of union members

in this country totally out of order.

When I was in the Merchant Navy I hated the bloody union. They didn't give two hoots about the guys who went to sea for months on end. The union reps were a self serving cunch of old bunts who were only interested in collecting their "dues" so that the could bugger off to the bookies and the pub. I told them exactly where they could stick their "political levy", where the "political monkey sticks his political nuts". Parasites.

Edited by corydoras