E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I'm a bit skeptical myself. The whole way we educate our children needs an overhaul and it's not a UK thing. Every teacher in every country in the world should see this.

Unfortunately, if the Tories tried to make any significant changes to the education system, the automatic assumption of bad faith on their part by the teaching unions would lead them to fight it tooth and claw and completely undermine it.

Steve,

Well, maybe. I just think/thought because of your geography and lack of natural resources (no longer The Empire) you would rather exploit "arts and sciences". You can get fine china from China but you can't get a Royal seal. You seem very proud of your blue noses, as well you should. Maybe you've lost touch with the fact the world is full of cultural "wannabes". We aren't particularly impressed with your "hard working" skilled labours. Ours are tit for tat.

Birmingham University is "something" - Birmingham England is not.

Phone

We need a diverse economy. We should retain and grow our services sector, and our high tech manufacturing, "creative" (I object to that moniker) industries, etc. But if we can manufacture (in the example above) building materials for domestic consumption, it's a good thing if we're doing that too.

We need a diverse economy. We should retain and grow our services sector, and our high tech manufacturing, "creative" (I object to that moniker) industries, etc. But if we can manufacture (in the example above) building materials for domestic consumption, it's a good thing if we're doing that too.

There are is awful lot of building going on in and around Southampton town centre these days, it seems that every available brown field site is having student accommodation built on it. A lot of them are being built with German bricks for some reason or another. |Either our own brickworks are having problems keeping up with demand or it's cheaper to buy bricks from Germany.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Theres always opening for small brickworks selling at high prices as a lot of planning control insists the bricks are in keeping with any existing ones either in the building itself or in neighbouring buildings and second hand ones are not keeping up with demand ,my old boss had to pay a great deal of money to match the building he was extending .

Commons on the other hand are commons so in new builds less need it made where they come from.

A strange thing though is the sand now used around here from builders merchants while we are litterally sitting on yellow sand a foot down all i can see is bags of red sand so how the heck do you match pointing up without doing the whole house ,perhaps its a plot to get more work?

A cowboy down the road used sand and cement to point a wall and it was spotted and the owner had to have it all removed and replace it with lime mortar in keeping with the continuance of the wall next door ,those areas of special interest have some strange people running them that want everything preserved in aspic if they had their way those 17th century additions on 16th century houses that have evolved through time would be torn down

There seems to be a lot of building going on everywhere Alton is creeping closer to bently all the time and aldershot now sits next to farnham all down the border except for badshot lea pond!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

For all the "it's all about process", I'm sure there are still some people clinging to the hope that Parliament will block Brexit. The Lib Dems clearly think that they can get a referendum rerun out of it and hope that will deliver a remain vote, but there's not much you can do with eight seats. Corbyn has said they won't block it but they will try to amend it to limit May's negotiating options. At most it's going to delay it and prolong the uncertainty.

• Like 1

I think the Tories have enough of a majority to pass it with no problem and can't see the Lords making much difference so overall it will make little difference.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The lords can be overturned but if the remainers within the parties gang together (especially the scots lot) it maybe tight.

The amendments could well make brexit a shambles ,we leave in essence but are still ruled in every way by the EU and end up worse off as the EU (our freinds?) Have already told us to stop negotiating with the usa

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well, I am seriously contemplating moving my business from the UK to Ireland. We already do an increasing amount of business in Ireland so the move will save exchange rate problems. Ireland also has favourable tax rates for business with low corporation tax rates and who knows, I could end up moving there one day. Great being in the EU isn't it? :lol::rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/