E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Do you actually believe it barry it is in the brexit express anything to try and boost up brexit which in reality is going badly those poor Germans they are laughing at us with the rest of Europe .

Let them ,then let them make up the difference in contributions see how they laugh then

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Only lubbers call them portholes. They are side scuttles.

Where did you lose them?

That's one of those, which is correct questions.

Is a bike a bike or a cycle, or a pedal cycle?

Is a phone a telephone?

The list is endless and none can be 'correct'.

As for scuttle or porthole then the same applies, but if one were being pedantic and check the Library of Naval History one would find one 'correct' answer, which is porthole. (Other expert references are available!)

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

big_cod, on 27 Aug 2017 - 12:59, said:

Do you actually believe it barry it is in the brexit express anything to try and boost up brexit which in reality is going badly those poor Germans they are laughing at us with the rest of Europe .

spread around plenty of publications b c that trump is not happy with unbalanced trading between the usa and Germany, so he will be doing something about it. I really can't see the likes of Germany laughing at brexit and the u k, based on the fact that Germany needs it's export markets and the u k is one of it's most important, so perhaps you can put up the link to where you found all of Europe laughing at the u k, have you gat any facts based on that. Or is it all in your mind and cobblers.

I recon that the e u will have to put up or shut up this week regarding the u k's future contributions, they are going to have to justify legally any monies they consider is owed by the u k. Betcha david davis will ask that question this week.

have a look and read this for balance then: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/constitution-unit/research/europe/briefing-papers/Briefing-paper-4

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That's one of those, which is correct questions.

Is a bike a bike or a cycle, or a pedal cycle?

Is a phone a telephone?

The list is endless and none can be 'correct'.

As for scuttle or porthole then the same applies, but if one were being pedantic and check the Library of Naval History one would find one 'correct' answer, which is porthole. (Other expert references are available!)

If one were being pedantic one would use International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea definition.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Portholes and scuttles existed pre war so why solas?

I always thought port holes were portholes and scuttles where the water escaped from the deck ? But it makes no matter my boat had neither ,a couple of windows perhaps and a door but nothing else but a smell of **** ,dead mackeral and damp

Why porthole ?nothing on the starboard or did they only get opend in port?

I shall call them windows just as i call ropes string and masts sticks ,got great raised eyebrows in cowes week if you could talk above the skippers screaming at their crew

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If one were being pedantic one would use International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea definition.

Nope, you're not being pedantic, just once again entering into a 'how high can you **** up a wall contest' because you can rarely admit a mistake.

I made reference in my post to 'other sources' which you chose to ignore and whip out the old codger!

My post was in response to:

Only lubbers call them portholes. They are side scuttles.

Where did you lose them?

Since the examples I gave you were not enough, how about Aluminium or Aluminum?

But since you quote SOLAS, quite probably written by a team of over paid lawyers having little input from Mariners, I would point out that SOLAS was conceived in response to the Titanic disaster of 1912 (fact) In his evidence to the Official Enquiry Fourth Officer Boxall (hardly a 'lubber' but I am sure not of your vast experience) stated words to the effect of 'On hearing the collision I immediately checked the side of the ship for damage and found nothing, not even a cracked PORTHOLE', later he evidenced attempting to contact the Carpathia by means of a signal lamp, evidencing the proximity of the ship by the fact that he could see 'lights coming from the individual PORTHOLES.'

Now returning to my source, it is well recorded that Henry VIII wishing to equip his warships with more cannon than could be accommodated on deck, commissioned a French naval architect to come up with a solution and the PORTHOLE from the French 'porte' was named and thereafter adapted.

As I said, both are correct, which is more correct?

I have tonight consulted a friend R. Hodgson now living in Gosport, he served on RMS Queen Mary almost from her maiden voyage till her last, so not a 'lubber' by any means, the answer he gave was PORTHOLES.

Edited by Huge_Vitae
  • Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Portholes and scuttles existed pre war so why solas?

I always thought port holes were portholes and scuttles where the water escaped from the deck ? But it makes no matter my boat had neither ,a couple of windows perhaps and a door but nothing else but a smell of **** ,dead mackeral and damp

Why porthole ?nothing on the starboard or did they only get opend in port?

I shall call them windows just as i call ropes string and masts sticks ,got great raised eyebrows in cowes week if you could talk above the skippers screaming at their crew

SOLAS predates WWII and the Great War.

Scuttles are where water drains from the main deck. SIDE scuttles are "portholes".

The word "port" in this context has nothing to do with port and starboard it is just the French word for a door or an opening (think exhaust port).

If the weather gets a tad nasty you'll be told to make sure your side scuttle or port is closed but nobody calls them portholes.

Captains (heaven help you if you address a ships master as "skipper" or "skip") who screamed at their crew are informally known as pricks. The formal word cant be used on AN but it begins with c ends in t has a u and an end in the middle and rhythms with a flat bottomed boat propelled by a pole.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All, are the vessels you're talking about boats or ships, private pleasure, domestic, or military, floating or sub-surface. If I'm gonna Google I have to have the facts

I pretty much hate the water.

Phone

spread around plenty of publications b c that trump is not happy with unbalanced trading between the usa and Germany, so he will be doing something about it. I really can't see the likes of Germany laughing at brexit and the u k, based on the fact that Germany needs it's export markets and the u k is one of it's most important, so perhaps you can put up the link to where you found all of Europe laughing at the u k, have you gat any facts based on that. Or is it all in your mind and cobblers.

I recon that the e u will have to put up or shut up this week regarding the u k's future contributions, they are going to have to justify legally any monies they consider is owed by the u k. Betcha david davis will ask that question this week.

have a look and read this for balance then: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/constitution-unit/research/europe/briefing-papers/Briefing-paper-4

And the pound just keeps falling barry down again yesterday 1.08 to the euro god those who voted remaini will be stamping there feet and some of those who voted out will also be stamping there feet talks going well doesn't look like it very little confidence in sterling I wonder why . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Huge_Vitae, on 27 Aug 2017 - 21:32, said:

Nope, you're not being pedantic, just once again entering into a 'how high can you **** up a wall contest' because you can rarely admit a mistake.

But since you quote SOLAS, quite probably written by a team of over paid lawyers having little input from Mariners, I would point out that SOLAS was conceived in response to the Titanic disaster of 1912 (fact) In his evidence to the Official Enquiry Fourth Officer Boxall (hardly a 'lubber' but I am sure not of your vast experience)

Cory spent his time aboard flipping burgers. May have even made the grade, cook.

big_cod, on 28 Aug 2017 - 05:25, said:

And the pound just keeps falling barry down again yesterday 1.08 to the euro god those who voted remain will be stamping there feet and some of those who voted out will also be stamping there feet talks going well doesn't look like it very little confidence in sterling I wonder why .

Surprised your not worrying about the propped up euro causing major problems for your mate merkie.

those foot stompers aren't going to achieve anything of worth for the u k then are they. Will they migrate along with yourself once the u k leaves the political nightmare. If you go now, no visa required, will you revoke u k citizenship for german or French, Poland? see ya. :bye1::bye1::bye1:

Can't see any reports of your foot stompers leaving the 'sinking' ship, only corporate could be would be threats, so just how worried are they or is it spin on your part.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..