E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Can't you stop living in the past Dave? You're not even living in your past your living in my Grandparents past.

Because you learn nothing if you forget the past

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry Cory, but we seem to be talking about different things. I'm talking about the EU, The European Union, you seem to be talking about the FEU, The French European Union. I'm including all members, not just comparing the UK, with France.

Germany has tried 'multiculturalism', and it's been declared a failure by many, the same can be said of Denmark, Austria, etc, hence the rise of far right political parties.

John.

Define "multiculturalism" because I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

Because you learn nothing if you forget the past

There's a difference between remembering your past and wanting to live in it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Define "multiculturalism" because I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

There's a difference between remembering your past and wanting to live in it.

Nothing wrong with ,iving in it ,its still about 1947 here still ,we only had tinned electric until last year and the highwayman retired the year before.

I have no problem with the EU in europe but were not in europe and havnt been for 10,000 years ,we could do rather well as a low tax intermediary between america and europe somewhat like hong kong was before we gave it back.

Instead of tax havens abroad set up england as one we have been trading with europe predating the bronze age wby has the last few decades stopped that in our future?

Switzerland doesnt do to bad except its so weak it hands over data instead of hiding it ,if the rich want to put money in banks form a few of our own and take it.

Drop the taxes to almost zero and the world will flock here but refuse to cow tow to the NSA so it keeps its nose out of our business

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nothing wrong with ,iving in it ,its still about 1947 here still ,we only had tinned electric until last year and the highwayman retired the year before.

I have no problem with the EU in europe but were not in europe and havnt been for 10,000 years ,we could do rather well as a low tax intermediary between america and europe somewhat like hong kong was before we gave it back.

Instead of tax havens abroad set up england as one we have been trading with europe predating the bronze age wby has the last few decades stopped that in our future?

You are in Europe, whether you like it or not.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Maps are man made we can declare to be anywhere we wish ,we are an island off europe the last time we were in Europe was in the ice age

What next america is in europe because pangea existed in the past?

If we were in europe why did the romans call us britania not gaul or germania? Because we are a separate entity

Edited by chesters1

Therein lies the difference Cory, you're voting on just one issue, some of us are trying to make sense of the whole picture.

John.

No mate the economy is many issues. If I had my way there would be no countries. I'm not about to spite my face by cutting my nose off. I'm not thinking of me I'm thinking of the generations to come.

Maps are man made we can declare to be anywhere we wish ,we are an island off europe the last time we were in Europe was in the ice age

Britain is a wee island on the Continental Shelf of Europe. That's geography. Get used to it.

Britain is a wee island on the Continental Shelf of Europe. That's geography. Get used to it.

The base of the sea connects all countries is america in europe ,why not russia its not separated at all ,is russia in europe ?

Which ones Steve? On the whole it's not Moslems. I know LOADS of people in France from mixed Moslem-Catholic marriages. It does depend a bit on whre in France you live though Paris andf Marseille are different, but France is a lot more than Paris and Marseille.

My daughters boyfriend has a half Moslem father and a French Mother. He can't speak any language other than French and is an atheist just like the rest of us.

Marseille and Paris are exactly where I had in mind - and it's the concentration of those unintegrated communities in relatively small, deprived areas which contributes to the problem.

Marseille and Paris are exactly where I had in mind - and it's the concentration of those unintegrated communities in relatively small, deprived areas which contributes to the problem.

Foreigners wont integrate if they did you wouldnt know they were foreign surely ,marsailes is a great example of mixing but not integrating.

Even our local moslems lock themselves away from the rest of the village ,they will only integrate if we do what were told and no doubt obey them

I feel sorry for johny foreigner getting british riff raff buying up their kids future homes just as i despise them coming here doing it to them ,british ghettos abroad must be as hellish to them as it is for us ,why cant we just stay in our own countries and keep out of other people business

If people love foreign climes so much then **** off there and never return ,if our government had balls it would stop those wishing to come here with lethal force ,hopefully those going out the turnstiles would get the same from the countries they want to infest

Edited by chesters1