E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I'm not worrying Paul, it's you who seem to need to find some reassurance, mainly by trawling the net looking for any kind of affirmation.

You still haven't said why, if there are so many wanting a second referendum, why the chance wasn't taken when it was offered.

John.

You cannot he serious that everyone who would like a another referendum would have needed to vote liberal to get one thats rubbish and you know it John its like everybody who voted brexit votes UKIP time will tell a cliff is looming with brexit for British business and jobs if i had business which massively exports to Europe I would be very worried indeed the way this government have handled brexit upto now . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

You cannot he serious that everyone who would like a another referendum would have needed to vote liberal to get one thats rubbish and you know it John its like everybody who voted brexit votes UKIP time will tell a cliff is looming with brexit for British business and jobs if i had business which massively exports to Europe I would be very worried indeed the way this government have handled brexit upto now .

No Paul, not at all like all those who want to leave should vote UKIP, other parties said that they would back the referendum decision.

If people were so concerned about the result then they would have voted to give the Liberals at least a decent showing, but they didn't even get that. They were down on the 2015 results, the SNP and Greens, both who wanted to stay, were also down on the 2015 results. That doesn't suggest to me that another referendum was among peoples top priorities.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

No Paul, not at all like all those who want to leave should vote UKIP, other parties said that they would back the referendum decision.

If people were so concerned about the result then they would have voted to give the Liberals at least a decent showing, but they didn't even get that. They were down on the 2015 results, the SNP and Greens, both who wanted to stay, were also down on the 2015 results. That doesn't suggest to me that another referendum was among peoples top priorities.

John.

I will ask you again John just what have you got to fear .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I will ask you again John just what have you got to fear .

Do you read these posts, or do you have a very short memory span Paul? If you go back just a couple of posts, you'll see that I answered that question!

You are the one that constantly trawls the 'net' looking for things. You're the one who can't, or won't, answer questions. You're the one who is constantly harping on using 'soundbites', and media speak to describe things that you believe affirm your beliefs. You're the one that says all the newspapers lie, then quote them to try and bolster your views. You're the one who, a few posts ago, agreed that nobody knows the end result of 'Brexit', but still try and tell us what will, and will not happen. You're the one who says in one post that you only care for the effects now, then try to say in another, that you're thinking about future generations.

All this, and you ask me what I'm afraid of? To quote you in an earlier post, "You cannot be serious"

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Do you read these posts, or do you have a very short memory span Paul? If you go back just a couple of posts, you'll see that I answered that question!

You are the one that constantly trawls the 'net' looking for things. You're the one who can't, or won't, answer questions. You're the one who is constantly harping on using 'soundbites', and media speak to describe things that you believe affirm your beliefs. You're the one that says all the newspapers lie, then quote them to try and bolster your views. You're the one who, a few posts ago, agreed that nobody knows the end result of 'Brexit', but still try and tell us what will, and will not happen. You're the one who says in one post that you only care for the effects now, then try to say in another, that you're thinking about future generations.

All this, and you ask me what I'm afraid of? To quote you in an earlier post, "You cannot be serious"

John.

You Said your not bothering about another referendum you could have fooled me john .

Paul .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

You Said your not bothering about another referendum you could have fooled me john .

Paul .

I've said that I don't agree with another referendum Paul, because we had one, and then a General Election. The first was a vote to leave, and the results of the second confirmed it. Why have another? What do you want, the best of five? It will only cause more uncertainty, cost money that would be best spent elsewhere, and they're two of the last things we need right now.

No fooling from me Paul. I haven't swerved, refused to answer questions, constantly repeated the same lines as if that somehow proves me right, or cherry picked media articles to try and convince others that I am right.

I've never said I know what will happen, only what I believe will happen. I haven't been led by media 'opinions' presented as facts either.

If all that fools you Paul, then I'm afraid you don't take much fooling.

John.

All,

A request. RE: Brexit is a good thing. An example of EU as global governance that after 40+ years never did work.

My wife has been ask to prepare a paper on Global Governance vs Nation State. She is a PhD (Intelligence and Security analysis).

Her position hypothesis is global governance wrong and nation states are better (you get the drift)

She would like to use the "best" (well written) of the exit side of the topic. I told her I knew and visit daily with to world's most revered experts.

Seriously suggestions are welcome. I'll sort and print if you have url or book recommendations.

Ohh, perhaps the most difficult material is the mood and reasoning behind peasants opinion. Don't bother with the first line news - that's easy. It's the off the wall stuff that makes dry academic writing mildly palatable to read.

Thx in advance

Phone

Edited by Phone

Just ask yourself this Phone:- Would you want Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, Nicaragua and some twenty other countries to determine how you live?

If your answer is no, then that's why I think Brexit is good and the EU is bad, i have no interest in the financial side of things, if my freedom costs me a bit more I can live with that.

If your answer is yes, I can't help you.

Edit: Just my peasants opinion of course, (I always ask my peasants first). -_-

Edited by ayjay
  • Like 3

I've said that I don't agree with another referendum Paul, because we had one, and then a General Election. The first was a vote to leave, and the results of the second confirmed it. Why have another? What do you want, the best of five? It will only cause more uncertainty, cost money that would be best spent elsewhere, and they're two of the last things we need right now.

No fooling from me Paul. I haven't swerved, refused to answer questions, constantly repeated the same lines as if that somehow proves me right, or cherry picked media articles to try and convince others that I am right.

I've never said I know what will happen, only what I believe will happen. I haven't been led by media 'opinions' presented as facts either.

If all that fools you Paul, then I'm afraid you don't take much fooling.

John.

Well John cherry picking so your argument for leaving is cherry picking you personally think we Britain will be better outside of Europe thats choice I dont but thats my choice you say I am being fooled that must go for the other 12 million and growing fast and all those stupid business leaders crackers Arent they my argument is and allways has been when the brexit vote came the full force of brexit was never explained it is now people now know what they were are actually voting anser this why in the jatest opinion polls is something like 15 points ahead a massive swing against brexit because people can see just what brexit fully entails if your fully anti Europe it wouldnt matter my son inlaw worked for me yesterday a fisheries officer for years but now works abroad working in Holland he voted brexit and it was him who actually came straight out with it yesterday I think I have made a mistake in voting brexit I was a little bit taken back because he was fully on with brexit but as he said yesterday I wasnt told the full facts with brexit now if you will still want to brexit thats your choice but it aint mine I say to you again what have you got to worry about another referendum if you havent a worry let it go ahead now the people know just what brexit really means instead of the shambles prior to the brexit vote reality is now looming the only reason I see if you say why another referendum is your worried the tide has turned .

I will tell you this John if there is another referendum and brexit wins I will be 150% behind brexit thats fact .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Bloody hell Paul! I'll say it again. No I won't, I'll just refer you to my answer in post 5126. If you read it, you might, just might, see the bit that explains why I don't think we need another referendum. :wallbash:

Please explain how that can be classed as 'cherry picking'.

I don't much like posting links to peoples opinions, but seeing as you like them so much, here's one for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42769090

John.

Edited by gozzer