E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Blatantly obvious but as allways you see what you want see brexit will solve all our woos ? thats why people are turning away from brexit in droves now if we are wondering about our great British workforce after brexit will we still have our lovelly zero hour contracts which was introduced by this government to give British workers security an excellent standard of living ? of course we will its the government that wants you to work for **** all not the EU the disappointment when the big day comes when people actually realise they are actually worse off with brexit but we might not even get there yet .

And ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/uk-europe-immigration-brexit-freedom-movement-eu-citizens-low-paid-british-workers-theresa-may-a7846686.html

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Cod says his link is lies and bias

Zero hours contracts are not a bad thing if you look ,it works both ways and now exclusability has been banned even better.

Perfect system for your foreign cheap labour you love its called casual labour ,ideal for those with few skills

Zero hours contracts have existed for decades and the present government cleaned them up stopping companies forcing workers only to work for them ,did labour do this?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Fundamentally, I want all and especially BIG COD to know in many respects I agree with his point(s) of view. These are some statements which you may formulate into questions/answers if Big Cod and I are totally incorrect in assessing the situation with or without BREXIT. Much of what Cod talks about has nothing to do with BREXIT other than BREXIT brings to the forefront a problem like the elephant in the living room.

British businesses are struggling to fill job vacancies, which are near historic highs.

Employers say they have to hire EU nationals because there are not enough Britons applying for jobs. In addition, a third of employers say they hire workers from elsewhere in the EU because Britons don’t have sufficient skills.

Given the UK’s aging population, its workforce is growing only because of immigration.

In the last year, March 2017 to March 2018, 143,000 UK-born people left the workforce due to retirement, emigration, or other reasons. One way or another around 147,000 EU-born workers immigrated over that same period (my British exit numbers are solid, I would not dispute a modest change in the immigrant number).

Some sectors appear devastated to me at least, totally outrageous. EU nationals registering as nurses for the National Health Service dropped by 92% between June and December last year (2017). The construction industry will also feel the pain, this sector will need to recruit 1.5 million workers to replace the workers now approaching retirement. In London, more than half of construction workers come from outside the UK (Might be a good place to here from my pal Barry for an answer on this one.) I am reminded most on AN in favor of BREXIT are way too old to start making babies for generating a new labour force.

I guess if you stretch it out long enough, robot technology will advance quickly enough that machines can step in to do the jobs of immigrants and locals alike.

Frankly, I can't see BREXIT succeeding without answering

Phone

They said in the 1950 humans will have more leisure time in the future ,now its happening ,all the miners got more leaisure time ,all the ship builders got more leisure time ,most steel workers got it and most of the car workers got it ,now thanks to the EU and unrestricted immigration we all can have it ,our mates on the continent can send their unemployed to make us unemployed

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Chesters1, if the predictions of the 1950's are true is that a good thing? What do Europeans have to do with you not having enough national/native work force? What in the world does BREXIT have to do with the natural native population of England?

With or without BREXIT won't the requirement for - say - building trades put the buyer (in London) in the position of letting the GENERAL contract to a European company. Seems BREXIT is quite willing for this to happen?

Phone

We have plenty of workers its called on unemployment benefits

Its crazy we import cheap labour when theres not full employment of our workers ,i can appreciate it if the unemployment list was zero or the vacancies were for highly skilled workers we cannot supply ourselves but semi illiterate romanians!

Going by some of the wording in ebay listings we have of an abundance of semi illiterate brits!

As i tried to explain to cod if we need cheap labour we can get as much as we need but they need to get a visa before they come ,ontop a £100,000,00 up front fee incase they dont go home when it expires ,i would have the same upfront cost to anyone coming here it seems theres a huge number of overstayers working here

You could easily increase the number of border staff just on the fines plus the fines on lorry drivers carrying illegals ,the sale of every lorry found carrying them and the multimillion £ fines on the companies (both lorry and the boats or chunnel bringing them here) and the sale of every possesion an overstayer possesses (perfectly legaly under the proceeds of crime act)

If i ran the country your trump would look like a liberal!

We could build ourselves out of any recession not with houses but huge prisons to put anyone found in staying here illegally no need for more houses we just use theirs for ours

I dont completely blame the scum that run the EU i also blame the scum people vote in that let the EU do it!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

We have plenty of workers its called on unemployment benefits

Its crazy we import cheap labour when theres not full employment of our workers ,i can appreciate it if the unemployment list was zero or the vacancies were for highly skilled workers we cannot supply ourselves but semi illiterate romanians!

Going by some of the wording in ebay listings we have of an abundance of semi illiterate brits!

As i tried to explain to cod if we need cheap labour we can get as much as we need but they need to get a visa before they come ,ontop a £100,000,00 up front fee incase they dont go home when it expires ,i would have the same upfront cost to anyone coming here it seems theres a huge number of overstayers working here

You could easily increase the number of border staff just on the fines plus the fines on lorry drivers carrying illegals ,the sale of every lorry found carrying them and the multimillion £ fines on the companies (both lorry and the boats or chunnel bringing them here) and the sale of every possesion an overstayer possesses (perfectly legaly under the proceeds of crime act)

If i ran the country your trump would look like a liberal!

We could build ourselves out of any recession not with houses but huge prisons to put anyone found in staying here illegally no need for more houses we just use theirs for ours

I dont completely blame the scum that run the EU i also blame the scum people vote in that let the EU do it!

Chesters you ever worked in the construction industry it sounds very much like you never have I remember vast numbers of Irish workers here large Gangs of paddys on building sites labourers they called a lot of those cheap labour you seem to forget cheap labour is nothing new its been going on for decades in the uk so all this about foreigners taking our jobs if you not working you dont want it its well prove fact all these foreigners pay more in tax than any benefits they receive and they contribute to our economy greatly so when the great day comes and we suddenly realise blaming brexit for everything was just an delusion and then we suddenly realise we have just shot ourself in the foot then the **** will hit the fan it will happen just as god made little apples what I want to know is who is going to take blame for the deceit.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Chesters you ever worked in the construction industry it sounds very much like you never have I remember vast numbers of Irish workers here large Gangs of paddys on building sites labourers they called a lot of those cheap labour you seem to forget cheap labour is nothing new its been going on for decades in the uk so all this about foreigners taking our jobs if you not working you dont want it its well prove fact all these foreigners pay more in tax than any benefits they receive and they contribute to our economy greatly so when the great day comes and we suddenly realise blaming brexit for everything was just an delusion and then we suddenly realise we have just shot ourself in the foot then the **** will hit the fan it will happen just as god made little apples what I want to know is who is going to take blame for the deceit.

Nonsense as usual.

And a little more hard data.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The difference was they asked to come and we had the right to refuse them coming .

I cannot fathom how your head works you whine "british" workers get abused and have low wages yet you welcome the very thing that causes it IE cheap labour.

I have no problem with cheap labour i buy lots of cheap crap from china ,the difference is its Chinese cheap labour in China !not draining our country doing it here

The difference was they asked to come and we had the right to refuse them coming .

I cannot fathom how your head works you whine "british" workers get abused and have low wages yet you welcome the very thing that causes it IE cheap labour.

I have no problem with cheap labour i buy lots of cheap crap from china ,the difference is its Chinese cheap labour in China !not draining our country doing it here

The best thing for this country is sort out OUR unemployed ,the fakers on disability benefits and get them working ,then look at importing labour once thats done

OOH double post ,must stop watching youtube whilst posting!

Edited by chesters1