barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

All,

Immigrants tend to be younger and are more likely to work in the lower skilled jobs UK workers do not want and will not take. They will not take seems rather important to me. What the 'ell?

Twenty-eight per cent of live births the UK are to foreign-born women – even though foreign-born people only make up eight per cent of the total population.

UK population is expected to reach 70 million in the next 10 years but 54 per cent of this will be fueled by external immigration. (Population estimates - Office for National Statistics)

This means if the Government is successful in getting net migration down to the “tens of thousands” by ending freedom of movement after Brexit it could mean the UK will find it harder to cope with the burden of an ageing population. The UK is dependent on young migrants from the EU to ensure there were enough working tax-payers to pay for the increasingly elderly population and the pressure they place on the local health and social care systems.

Unless the UK is willing to bite the bullet much as Japan has it will be a “has been”. The definition of a Nation State is, “”a sovereign state whose citizens or subjects are relatively homogeneous in factors such as language or common descent.”” Japan has decided it’s better to be Japanese than it is to be a major force in world politics.

Do you think with or without BREXIT you can have it both ways?

Phone

• Like 1

If youre inference is that unemployment in the UK is due to our membership of the EU then I would have a couple of points to make.

Firstly, when the Maybot is spouting off at PMQs about unemployment, do you support her claims? If not, why not? And why, if it is in anyway attributable to EU membership does Corbyn not include this fact in his retort?

Secondly, if your claim is even slightly possible why do the following Countries not immediately gain EU membership to benefit from the boost.

(Figures for youth unemployment 2018 (seasonally adjusted))

Greece 43.2%

Spain 33.8%

Italy 31.9%

Croatia 23.6%

Cyprus 22.4%

Portugal 20.8%

France 20.4%

Finland 18.4%

The list continues until we find the UK at 11.5%

I know you cant read info like this in the Guardian but sometimes its worth expanding your knowledge.

So your another one saying unemployment will fall when we exit !!! Yep Golden Fleece again Britain has the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years and if you havent noticed we are in the EU Britain is the 5 th biggist economy in the world we arent Spain or any other country you are quoting to push your cause ever thought being a member of the EU gives the uk the lowest unemployment rate in 40 yers next you will be telling me its down to brexit so you say we have high youth employment so why doesnt this government create more apprenticeship for all the jobs that will be created that will fall at our feet when brexit Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

theres nothing wrong with zero hours contracts ,women especially love them because the hours are not fixed so if the kids ill she isnt penalised for taking time off

Nissan will say anything to get handouts as incentives they certainly wont stop making cars here as they dont know (nor does anyone else) if britain will penalise them with huge import taxes if they try to import their cars if they move abroad .

Next you will be telling us victorian workhouses were bad when infact they were the benefits system of their time!

PS labour used far more zero hours contracts than the tories do today

Whats your next whine the tories are bad because they have a "T" in their name and labour are good because they have a "U"

The cause of low wages is paying low wages to low wage earners ,simple economics and supply and demand ,if low paid immigrant workers left then the wages would rise or simply the jobs wouldnt get filled

Enjoy

http://m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4468

No-one is forced to have a zero hours contract but it has benefits for both sides ,if they dont like it they leave like anyone else

PS its acas not some 5th hand me down opinion from your express ! Only the name is new ,when folks used to ask for work at a factory or farm and the employer said there maybe work next week come and see thats the same ,if the worker gets a better job then hes under no obligation to work for the earlier person ! Its your headline crap you keep reading but fail to understand!

Your not useing links they are biased and lies have ever done zero hour contracts not knowing if your going to get a full week in and you say workhouse were good ? just how the hell do you know that have you ever been in one maybe they could have been a 1000ss times better at the time . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

What IS Rocket science is that - in a Zero Hours contract, the agency will remember the person that couldn't work on the given day because kid was ill & "NOT RELIABLE" will be recorded on file & placed on bottom of list!!

Turn up outside the factory gates every day to see if your name is called out to work - then if your name isn't called out, go home & come back tomorrow!!

Zero hours Contract = Load of Bo*****ks.

Martin bang on keep an eye on your pms got a good one for you coming up mine entered at Nottingham next week he needs a big rain deluge its forcast Saturday so if he gets in got a massive chance mate ran very well at Chester and was only 50% fit he should be a very nice price as well ? Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Your not useing links they are biased and lies have ever done zero hour contracts not knowing if your going to get a full week in and you say workhouse were good ? just how the hell do you know that have you ever been in one maybe they could have been a 1000ss times better at the time .

Why would it be lies its in law ,zero hours used to be terrible but they have been cleaned up a lot ,as to going to the bottom of the list thats life not just zero hours contracts but zero hours contracts are not forced you have the power to not except them just as they can.

Zero hours contracts lol just found another whine nothing to do with brexit

And yes i am in a zero hours contract now ,i come and go as i please the contractor merely states the objective of my job is done ,if the mrs is ill i dont go ,if the job needs emergency care i go more ,lovely idea

Grass doesnt have rules if it dont grow you cant cut it if it grows more you cut it more thats how zero hours works you cannot force grass (or crops) to grow at 1" a day nor when crops ripen and need picking

As for work houses they were the last refuge for the poor and sick ,not nice but better than starving to death in the gutter but back then unlike now you put work in to get food out ,now you sit on your arse and get paid every fortnight the workhouse was the victorian version of state benefits and you were greatfull to get in one most didnt (limited spaces)

Perhaps making idiotic statements you may want to look elswhere than the express and try a hard book with less picture called a history book

Perhaps if the governments sorted themselves out those perfectly fit people on the dole could be put to work for their money ,its not a new idea i was put to work on a "STEP" scheme in the 70's it got me a nice job in the end which is the end target for all unemployed isnt it?

Unfortunately the later "training" scheme is just hiding the unemployed for 6months their time wasted but huge companies doing this "training" make millions and yes i have been on one of those aswell ,no need for links i use experience!

As to links your links must be lies as you have told us many times ,i used the horses mouth for my link not its arse like you do

"Express whipping up anti Corbyn feelings with fake news. It is only a requirement under royal protocol for the House officials to bow their heads upon entering. Therasa disMay got it wrong. Cameron didn't bow either, neither have plenty of others. Typical right wing gutter press."

Your words not mine "typical right wing gutter press" so if you think the express is right wing gutter press why the **** use them as a link?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Unilever on channel 4 tonight say many many jobs at risk if we brexit they may pull out of Britain if we brexit very interesting stuff .

Another of your might, could or if warnings perhaps?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

So your another one saying unemployment will fall when we exit !!! Yep Golden Fleece again Britain has the lowest unemployment rate in 40 years and if you havent noticed we are in the EU Britain is the 5 th biggist economy in the world we arent Spain or any other country you are quoting to push your cause ever thought being a member of the EU gives the uk the lowest unemployment rate in 40 yers next you will be telling me its down to brexit so you say we have high youth employment so why doesnt this government create more apprenticeship for all the jobs that will be created that will fall at our feet when brexit

I said exactly what I said, if you wish to infer something else that is entirely your prerogative, doesn’t make it correct just another rebuttable presumption.

Cause and effect, because one thing exists whilst another factor is in consideration does not mean the two are related directly. If the cause of low unemployment was membership of the EU as you claim then other members states should have the same benefit.

Interesting that you now use the economic power of the UK to support your flawed reasoning, on many other posts you refer to the UK as a tiny little entity that cannot exist outside the EU, which is it?

Apprenticeships could be classed as low skilled labour dependant on the person’s progression along the path, why should a firm INVEST revenue on training if that skill is available in full or part by employing cheap ‘foreign’ labour? This should answer your question with the further point that Goverment created apprenticeship have not worked historically and there is little to suggest they will work again, there must be a demand for apprenticeships which will only be evident AFTER the terms are negotiated.

On another point, go back a few months, my comments on zero hour contracts remain the same but I would add that there are many such or similar contracts out there, they are not all the same.

Regarding the Workhouse, what knowledge do you personally have, obviously not many have now, but my Maternal Grandmother was born in, lived in and worked in Carisbrooke Workhouse, I knew her and conversed with her until She died when I was in my twenties, do you wish to discuss ‘factual knowledge’?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I said exactly what I said, if you wish to infer something else that is entirely your prerogative, doesnt make it correct just another rebuttable presumption.

Cause and effect, because one thing exists whilst another factor is in consideration does not mean the two are related directly. If the cause of low unemployment was membership of the EU as you claim then other members states should have the same benefit.

Interesting that you now use the economic power of the UK to support your flawed reasoning, on many other posts you refer to the UK as a tiny little entity that cannot exist outside the EU, which is it?

Apprenticeships could be classed as low skilled labour dependant on the persons progression along the path, why should a firm INVEST revenue on training if that skill is available in full or part by employing cheap foreign labour? This should answer your question with the further point that Goverment created apprenticeship have not worked historically and there is little to suggest they will work again, there must be a demand for apprenticeships which will only be evident AFTER the terms are negotiated.

On another point, go back a few months, my comments on zero hour contracts remain the same but I would add that there are many such or similar contracts out there, they are not all the same.

Regarding the Workhouse, what knowledge do you personally have, obviously not many have now, but my Maternal Grandmother was born in, lived in and worked in Carisbrooke Workhouse, I knew her and conversed with her until She died when I was in my twenties, do you wish to discuss factual knowledge?

Apprenticeships could be classed as low skilled labour surely you cant be serious I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life dont let anybody hear you for gods sake obviously you have never done one 4 years hard graft to get fully qualified plumbers , electrians bricklayers joiners etc low skilled labour ? heard it all now .

On a more lighted knote.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/lambeth-council-writes-to-charlie-mullins-over-pimlico-plumbers-sign-1-5725249

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Apprenticeships could be classed as low skilled labour surely you cant be serious I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life dont let anybody hear you for gods sake obviously you have never done one 4 years hard graft to get fully qualified plumbers , electrians bricklayers joiners etc low skilled labour heard it all now .

On a more lighted knote.https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/lambeth-council-writes-to-charlie-mullins-over-pimlico-plumbers-sign-1-5725249

READ IT. COMPREHEND IT. COMMENT.

Apprenticeships could be classed as low skilled labour surely you cant be serious I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life dont let anybody hear you for gods sake obviously you have never done one 4 years hard graft to get fully qualified plumbers , electrians bricklayers joiners etc low skilled labour ? heard it all now .

On a more lighted knote.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/lambeth-council-writes-to-charlie-mullins-over-pimlico-plumbers-sign-1-5725249

You get the top money after you qualify ,the typical agreed rate of apprentices is legislated at £3.50 an hour if your under 19 then it gradually rises! until you qualify you are low skilled

https://www.google.com/search?q=apprentice+minimum+wage+2018&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson