Ultimate bobbin

Kappa

Sorry about the poor sketch but this may be one way that you cpould modify your existing swingers to incorporate a removeable counter balance. The attachment would sit on the arm in front of the pivot point to which the arm for the rear adjustable balance weight could also be inserted. If you need something making let me know.

post-8110-1284714128_thumb.jpg

Thanks Paul - it's funny, I had that idea too. I think I'll see if these new ones are any use and then let you know :) (I think they may well end up being much too wobbly...)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ive yet to use my Swinghams (cutesy of Paul) at Wingham but the two trips Ive used them elsewhere I was well happy with them.And anyone whose ever looked at yet alone fished those open Marsh pits will no how windy they get!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

As I mentioned, I want to replace the plastic line clips I've been using with something more free running. They need to be adjustable and by Solar, so the choice is between the Stainless Adjustable line clip or the PTFE Adjustable line clips - 1st and 6th on this page:

http://www.solartackle.co.uk/indcustom/lineclips01.html

They're both the same price. Which will be the more free running using mono mainlines? I know the PFTE one should be better, but I can't help feeling the stainless one is the safer bet...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

P.T.F.E. is an excellent material where reduction in friction is required however mechanically it is also very weak unless it has been loaded with something else for example bronze or glass. In a fishing situation it is ideal where monkey climbers are concerned either for the bobbin head or coating the antennas but with a weighted bobbin on the end of a swinger arm where the line runs through it could suffer from wear very quickly and most certainly with braided lines. Having done a lot of experimenting with all sorts of line clips, I have come to the conclusion that the stainless ball type give the best all round results hovever there are big differences on the quality and finish of the balls between between different brands. My own personal preference hasbeen for the ones offered by Solar. Easily adjusted and a very good quality ball.

The new soon to be chopped up swingers have arrived from ebay land :)

They are really good. I have an extremely cunning plan! I reckon the Mk II Anderoo swingers will have less wobble and a decent counterbalance. I love all this blue peter stuff!

It's not that cold yet :lol:

I know, I've got it bad at the moment!

If anyone wants to get some swingers to convert for bream fishing, I would definitely recommend these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-x-Drop-off-Bite-In...=item439c4ff595

It looks like it will be very easy to swap the stainless steel arm for a longer one (just bend it to shape and slot it in), there's no wobble and the counterbalance actually works. Stick some new bobbin heads on with decent line clips, and some tool clips for bankstick attachment, and you're away :)

I think the thin stainless arm will catch the wind less than the 6mm ali tube too.

PS Paul, you know Solar are 'for the sharper carper'? I would © 'Tinca, for the keener breamer' asap ;)

Just about finished the backlog and thats me done with tincaring for a while, still 13 rods out for the Bream ;) with plastic corn on each. Got to be a winner :D . On a more serious note, I don't fancy the big moon for this weekend if the nights are clear.

post-8110-1285104665_thumb.jpg