I guess a lot of you will think he is mad.

corydoras

I dunno where the footage was shot but in the States, the building climbers would be arrested when they reached the top or if they returned to the bottom and lived through it.

The free climbing in the mountains is OK if you like that sort of thing. I think the bridge/cable climbs would be illegal here even if there was no danger to folks standing under the climber who were at risk from falling objects.

He has made a few climbs Stateside.

• Crown Plaza Montréal 1999
    SearsTower Chicago 1999
    Blue Cross, Blue Shild Philadelphie 1997
    Golden Gate Building San Francisco 1996
    Luxor Pyramid Las Vegas 1996
    Empire State Building New York 1994
    Pont de Brooklyn New York 1994
    Calico Building Manhattan/New York 1994
    City Bank/Corp Building Chicago 1994

His climbs are not always illegal, sometimes he is authorised. He did this climb for charity.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/20/fringe.am...rman.15.666.mov

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, whats the difference between jumping off a 1,000m cliff and jumping out of a Cessna, bad things can happen either way.

Who said jumping out of a Cessna was sensible ;)

This is one of the things, along with bungee jumping, injecting illegal drugs and taking up smoking, that I intend to pursue when I reach my 80th birthday, working on the assumption that I am not risking much :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Why, whats the difference between jumping off a 1,000m cliff and jumping out of a Cessna, bad things can happen either way.

A vast difference, when you jump from a plane there is nothing for you to hit apart from the ground below, when you jump from a cliff you have lots of bits and bobs you can hit on the way down :D:lol:

Why must you launch into a personal attack when you disapprove? He is not an 'idiot' each climb has many months of planning and preparation. Most of the time he actually tries to get permisssion to climb. In 1992 he climbed the highest skyscraper in Venezuela, dressed as Spiderman. Live broadcast on Venezuela’s national channel. This was a promotion for the Spiderman film. It was watched by 10,000,000 viewers, more I think than actually paid to see the film. C'mon Mr Motorola even you must agree that this takes a bit more pluck than pinching a disabled bay in Tesco's car park

When he does the legal climbs one would hope all of the health and safety requirements relating to the general public are addressed, BUT I have to agree with Mr. M regarding illegal climbs they are exposing other people to extreme danger.

I admire his climbing skills they are without doubt the best free climbing skills I have ever seen but that should not make him have a disregard for the law and safety of others.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Try this one:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

:o

El Caminito del Rey (The King's pathway) is a ruined path along the walls of a gorge in Spain. After four people died at the turn of the millennium, the local government closed off the entrances. However this intrepid filmmaker and raving lunatic decided to walk on the wild side.
Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think the guy is pretty selfish.

He has some guts though.

If he falls while out in the wild then those same guts will provide a decent meal for the local wild life.

But if he falls in a city, then some poor bugger has to clean up the mess.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Try this one:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

:o

I am amazed at how many other people are up there.

The real blast though would be to have watched it being built ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I am amazed at how many other people are up there.

The real blast though would be to have watched it being built ;)

Have to say it does not look to be well constructed :lol: one would like to think it's current state is due to the ravages of time but I would put it down to poor quality concrete mix. :D I think I would be wearing a parachute just to walk up there. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I guess a lot of you will think he is mad

Yep. As a box of frogs. but life would be boring without extraordinary people doenig astonishing things.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A vast difference, when you jump from a plane there is nothing for you to hit apart from the ground below, when you jump from a cliff you have lots of bits and bobs you can hit on the way down :D:lol:

It don't always pan-out that wak Ken, I am not sure if this is shot from a Cessna or not, but you'll get the idea.

Youtube Video ->

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote