Another massacre

Andrew

As for the number of firearms he had in his room 10 or 10 dozen he could only fire one at a time.

.............and yet that was enough to kill 59 people and injure another 500+.

Complete and utter madness.

The *Gun Culture* in the US is out of control.

.............and yet that was enough to kill 59 people and injure another 500+.

Complete and utter madness.

The *Gun Culture* in the US is out of control.

In the case of where he targeted yes one gun was enough to kill that many people, he was firing into a closely packed concert crowd where people could not escape/disperse quickly or take cover , the number of guns he had is irrelevant, his target and the amount of ammunition he had is what made the attack so devastating.

Phone, I reapeatedly listened to the audio from the shooting whilst it was live on tv, whilst almost impossible to identify the weapon it was apparent, despite the distortion and other noise that the cyclic rate was higher than one would expect from a semi automatic and began to worry that the subject of our recent discussion, electronic trigger adaptions was used, as I see the first pictures of the weapon I note the apparent change to the weapon. Researching the subject again I see a decision has already been made and that bump stocks and the like are not 'modifications' to a weapon but 'after market additions' or similar and the opportunity to prohibit them has been missed.

It is all very sad Phone and my heart goes out to you and your fellow countrymen that are forced to watch from the sidelines, powerless as all this repeatedly occurs.

I don't think the majority of 'us' can understand the situation, I was amused somewhat, perhaps not the right word, watching a British reporter interviewing a LV 'official' live in the early hours of this morning, "Just how did he get all those weapons into his room"? "Well I'm not sure but I expect the bellboy helped him carry them"! Puts it into perspective.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

In the case of where he targeted yes one gun was enough to kill that many people, he was firing into a closely packed concert crowd where people could not escape/disperse quickly or take cover , the number of guns he had is irrelevant, his target and the amount of ammunition he had is what made the attack so devastating.

I disagree: had he had no guns, no-one would have been shot.

I disagree: had he had no guns, no-one would have been shot.

And to answer that Ayjay, just watching an interview live on Sky, Nico Hagen a local chap, obviously upset over the loss of his friend, one of the victims of this massacre, how is he reacting? He is of course in a gun shop buying more weapons!

And as the owner of the gun shop states, "He could just as easily of used a car like we have seen happen abroad" those two statements just about sum up the battle that Phone and the millions like him have in front of them, and, as figures come in that shows a huge spike in weapons and munitions sales today you have to wonder if the Republican and Democrat parties will ever come together on this which I doubt, simply because, the same as here with so many issues, each party will be on opposite sides of the divide simply because they care not what actually happens as long as the Politicians themselves benefit from it in terms of monetary gain.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

You miss the point.

My point is - it is a far cry to use sarcasm in disparaging remarks about carp "Queen of Sport Fish" vs British dink fishing with #22 hooks than it is couching disrespectful remarks about the fabric of a particular society in "sarcasm". That's who.

It is not likely you will have a remote understanding for the role of guns in America. Frankly, neither do I. However, it is equally unlikely we will dispose of 310 million guns and THREE TRILLION rounds of privately owned ammunition (47 billion military rounds were used by all sides in WWII).

John,

Again, guns are like 5 legged frogs. Evidence of a problem without being "THE" problem.

Phone

I struggle to understand you and your fellow countrymen at times Phone. You regard it as "disrespectful", if someone from another country should offer a negative opinion on a part of your society. Even a part that contributes to an ever increasing loss of life. Are other nations or individuals not allowed the same right to free speech as you? If you are offended by sarcasm, then maybe it's because you don't understand it. It's just another tool used to convey a point in a debate. A very useful tool in getting your point over. It can be used both in humour, and as a valid method of making a person see a situation in another light. Neither of these seem to have worked with you. No humour was intended, so I didn't expect you to see any, the latter however is something I believe you already know, but don't like the thought of someone else saying it.

I've deleted the rest of this post because I can see that it would serve no purpose, and it would be a waste of both my time and yours to continue.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm no expert on firearms, but surely it would help with continuous firing if he had several guns already loaded, and he just had to pick another up, instead of reloading each time.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm no expert on firearms, but surely it would help with continuous firing if he had several guns already loaded, and he just had to pick another up, instead of reloading each time.

John.

It takes hardly anytime to reload so the time he would have saved would have made little if any difference Edited by snakey1

And to answer that Ayjay, just watching an interview live on Sky, Nico Hagen a local chap, obviously upset over the loss of his friend, one of the victims of this massacre, how is he reacting? He is of course in a gun shop buying more weapons!

And as the owner of the gun shop states, "He could just as easily of used a car like we have seen happen abroad" those two statements just about sum up the battle that Phone and the millions like him have in front of them, and, as figures come in that shows a huge spike in weapons and munitions sales today you have to wonder if the Republican and Democrat parties will ever come together on this which I doubt, simply because, the same as here with so many issues, each party will be on opposite sides of the divide simply because they care not what actually happens as long as the Politicians themselves benefit from it in terms of monetary gain.

He had a vehicle, he could have used that, he chose to buy guns, and then more guns.

Guns give people like this nutter the freedom to kill people in a remote way, no interaction at all, driving a vehicle at someone is far more personal.

Like I said, the Gun Culture in the US is out of control. It won't ever get any better by more people buying more guns.

How stupid must Americans be that they can't see that?

Did anyone at all in the crowd shoot back at this nutter? So what good did all their guns do them?

John.

Yes John you are correct, although Snakey is also correct and I am, once again being pedantic!

When an auto or semi automatic stops firing it is due to one of three reasons, there is a fourth but it is so rare and obscure that it is not even taught to Soldiers. Soldiers are taught how to react when a weapon stops firing because, quite simply they do not have the capability to carry multiple weapons. This drill is fast and instinctive once practiced.

However, since as you say it is just as efficient to pick up another weapon if one is available and continue to fire then the requirement for training and experience with a particular weapon is negated, assuming each weapon is set up regards to range on sights although in the case under discussion and without the need to hit a particular person amongst so many I doubt this was in consideration.