Another massacre

Andrew

He had a vehicle, he could have used that, he chose to buy guns, and then more guns.

Guns give people like this nutter the freedom to kill people in a remote way, no interaction at all, driving a vehicle at someone is far more personal.

Like I said, the Gun Culture in the US is out of control. It won't ever get any better by more people buying more guns.

How stupid must Americans be that they can't see that?

Did anyone at all in the crowd shoot back at this nutter? So what good did all their guns do them?

You are preaching to the converted Ayjay, as often happens in these threads I am not saying what I think but reporting what others are saying for discussion.

To say that he could have used a car is not a reason or anything else, well, certainly not a reasonable one, you could add to it and change it all you like, he could have chartered a plane and crashed it into the crowd, he could have made an IED or even with worrying ease obtained a claymore mine or several even, to be totally obscure he could have parked a hot dog van there and sold cut price dogs and burgers infected with e-coli!!!!

The fact of the matter is, as you say, he didn't. As far as 'stupid Americans' are concerned, is that the fault of a nation that every few years elects a President, I don't think all Americans voted for the present one, and going by the last one then nobody can do anything about it. Perhaps they could have a referendum and after that the Politicians could manipulate and subvert the process to do what they want whilst filling their own pockets with cash. Or even listening to a Spanish MP discussing the situation in Catalonia before their vote who stated "Let them (Catalonia) have a vote, if they vote out we (Spanish Parliment) can always ignore it!" And therein lies the root cause of so many problems.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Gozzer, (and equally specifically Ayjay)

Maybe George Bernard Shaw said it best. "Two countries separated by a common language". I'm sure your heart is in the right place.

The tragedy of this event for many of us is indeed the weapon of choice - a gun.

I have tried to explain on AN, only to fall on deaf ears, the more tragic aspect of this event may well be the circling of the pro gun wagons so that they can ensure it can happen again and again.

From my perspective what is "stupid" is that your side of the pond cannot understand that.

Phone

• Like 1

Ayjay,

Your comments are so far from any sort of reality it is difficult to reply without appearing to challenge your fundamental level of intelligence. I won't do that.

You did read the part about 310 million guns and 3 trillion rounds of ammunition are in private ownership didn't you?

Phone

• Like 1

Gozzer,

Having some experience in a sporting environment where it is 100% necessary to have multiple guns I'll give you one example.

I used to shoot prairie dogs for sport (yea or nay another thread). It required a powerful weapon that fired bullets with a very high muzzle velocity (range 3000fps). Even at the rate one round for one trigger pull the barrel would get glowing hot. Without going into detail it required you have at least two guns.

Phone

• Like 1

Just how did he manage to get his arsenal of guns into the room, inside help maybe ?

Did the management not think it suspicious about how many suitcases he had. No doubt it was multiple trips bringing them in.

No doubt all the hotel staff will be questioned.

But its the same old outcry, NEVER again should this happen ! but , for sure, there will be another nutter armed to the teeth to carry out another massacre. And again there will be another outcry about the gun laws in the USA.

So long as there are people like Dan Roberts, who openly sits and laughs on TV and shows no contempt for a mass murderer using automatic weapons to slaughter 59 and seriously injure 500+, there will never be any changes.

The polce/fbi are now saying this was a very well planned and premeditated attack.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

It takes hardly anytime to reload so the time he would have saved would have made little if any difference

Continually using the same one would wear out the barrel effecting its second hand retail value silly ,think of it in the advert "as new condition only killed 5 people" i would be swayed ,mind you it could have the opposite effect if your after gun mass killing ability .you have to think long term

Unfotunately as said americans never learn ,guns ,stick houses and questionable wars about somes them up ,well except for farm girl

'Land of the free' yes free to repeat and repeat and repeat

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just how did he manage to get his arsenal of guns into the room, inside help maybe ?

Did the management not think it suspicious about how many suitcases he had. No doubt it was multiple trips bringing them in.

No doubt all the hotel staff will be questioned.

But its the same old outcry, NEVER again should this happen ! but , for sure, there will be another nutter armed to the teeth to carry out another massacre. And again there will be another outcry about the gun laws in the USA.

So long as there are people like Dan Roberts, who openly sits and laughs on TV and shows no contempt for a mass murderer using automatic weapons to slaughter 59 and seriously injure 500+, there will never be any changes.

The polce/fbi are now saying this was a very well planned and premeditated attack.

Have you ever been a guest in one of those big hotels in Vegas? I have. One could have strolled into the one I stayed in at almost anytime of day with another suitcase and nobody would have batted an eye.

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote