Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

Your flu jab will offer no more protection than your tetanus jab - influenza is not closely related to corona viruses, even if here is some overlap in symptoms.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

3 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Your flu jab will offer no more protection than your tetanus jab - influenza is not closely related to corona viruses, even if here is some overlap in symptoms.

Yes Ken, I get that but at least hopefully one of the bases is covered re the Flu bit!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Hopefully the jab is better than the last few years i didnt bother this year it was 10% in over 65's last year? Before that 3%? Pretty expensive outlay for little success but i expect the lies and bribes get the stuff sold certainly not results

I expect having the jabs gets more infected because they wont shun the sick thinking they have protection

As a carer i have had the oppertunity for years but only last 2018 winter did i try it ,13 days later i had the worst flu of my llife !

The Flu was already there Bud' - it takes around 3 weeks for the jab to kick in!!

You may still get the Flu even with the jab - but will be less severe/life threatening. It's about damage limitation.

Edited by Martin56

All,

you should get the "jab" even though influenza vaccine typically reduces the risk of illness by between 40 and 60 percent.

pandemic would statistically 2 million infected and a death rate of 2%.  Many, if not most in 1918 died of secondary bacterial infection.

Not sure of the world population but 2% death rate leaves a pretty slim chance you will die of the flu.

But then again I'm pretty sure most are not worried about 2% -they are concerned for themselves,  their families, and of course the remainers

Phone

On 2/2/2020 at 7:40 AM, Phone said:

Many, if not most in 1918 died of secondary bacterial infection.

Phone

For which Antibiotics (Penicillin etc) will these days cope with. (Antibiotics were not available in 1918)

I remember as an Infant, my doctor was loathe to prescribing Penicillin at the drop of a hat, even then, over 60 years ago, he was rightly of the opinion that it would be less effective when required in later life.

It was M & B for me at that time.

Edited by Martin56

The gov are saying to any brits over there get out:angry:! we dont want you IMHO you leave any ties with the UK the second you leave the country! your choice your bad luck its not worked out for you ,byeee

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I see that Kenya has decided to repatriate it's citizens...

What could possibly go wrong?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Blimey you dont think the locusts will catch it? Poor things or perhaps the fleas will and bite the hands that feed them ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its here!

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/live-coronavirus-farnham-doctors-closed-17742234

Hopefully the scores of lazy women in the chinese nailbar (why are we letting in chinese people?) Get more than they paid for!The person apears just to have strolled around infecting who knows how many on purpose! In my book thats like having aids and deliberately not telling your sexual partner ,lock em up for years!

Its not just a doctors its a busy hospital so thousands could have visited before it was "deep cleaned" (that phillipino woman 'cleaner' i saw at the royal surrey spreading germs on her filthy dust cloth all over the hospital is probably in charge of that!) its time people are punished or the old lessons will be learnt tosh will be spouted and those whoose job it is to protect us get a pay rise to hide the truth

Edited by chesters1