Should we have left the EU?

John S

Same old broken record the people were lied to cod not everyone is a thick as you ,not everyone believes lies like you .

Whats it like to be the only person on earth to believe everything your told? Even more if its a newspaper headline

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

17 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Same old broken record the people were lied to cod not everyone is a thick as you ,not everyone believes lies like you .

Whats it like to be the only person on earth to believe everything your told? Even more if its a newspaper headline

I am afraid it’s you who’s thick Chester’s Lies Chester’s lies full blown lies by the Brexiteers to get brexit over the line it’s just you don’t except those  lies exist, but don’t worry the fishing community will want to  pour petrol on the Brexiteers if they are let down and by what’s  Been coming out of the talks a sell out looks high on the agenda not only were the fishermen lied to but  the whole of the British people were lied to as well  whether you like it or not .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Lies lies lies ,same old broken record ,got anything new to say?

Has it ever entered your tiny brain that people voted out because they wanted to ,and going by experience saw the EU tightening its grip on the UK totaly removing what independance we had?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think he means ‘accept’ Chesters.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I dont except anything ,especialy from other people lol

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

The real world John that’s exactly right not a load bull being fed to the people .

And onto the coronavirus it’s unprecedented  as you just mentioned  on should we have left  the EU topic do you think  Johnson is doing a good job has he handled it well  or is  he just muddled giving all the wrong signals last  nights performance was well absolutely shocking putting it mildly

It’s  looking like Johnson is going to buckle under public anger and give the self employed a decent payment to get by on till this crisis is over not that he really wanted to to be fair,  but  he knows so many will turn against him so  he has no choice in the matter and all new fresh Tory MPS are being bombarded with emails regarding this injustice.

.And with all the dummy’s coming  to Whitby over the weekend 1000s and 1000s of them it’s plain to  see how  the tories got voted in in the last election.

And just who is spreading the virus the people or it’s leader .

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/sadiq-khan-boris-johnson-overruled-construction/

What the hell are you on about Paul? You brought the subject of the corona virus onto this thread, with your link to the Scottish fishermen losing their exports. The only reason I bothered to reply was because you tried score some pathetic points and blame it on Brexit, as usual. To my shame and regret, I got suckered in again.

I think that the government is making the best of trying to control what is, (and you at least acknowledged), an unprecedented situation. Johnson is using his ministers, and advisers, to try and judge when to bring in measures to try and slow the spread of this virus, and also gauge how severe those measures should be. Their biggest mistake has been to treat the whole population as responsible adults, instead of the mindless, selfish, morons that a significant proportion obviously are. They are trying to create the thing I've wasted so much time in trying, and failing, to get you to understand, a balance

I have to laugh at you, when the other day you were sarcastically complaining about how much money the Government managed to find to help the population through this crisis. Now you're complaining that they aren't spending enough, or it's not coming through fast enough! Sadiq Khan himself explained the other day that the plans to pay the self employed were there, but needed refining before they could be implemented. Of course they haven't covered every contingency in one go. There are always going to be groups that regard themselves as 'special' cases, and shout 'what about us'? They are getting sorted as they come to the surface, but everyone is going to suffer to some extent, sadly, some more than others. I would not like to be in the shoes of those in Government at a time like this, it's a no win situation especially when there are such as yourself, that gleefully trawl the media looking for things to crib about. 

We can all be geniuses with hindsight, and make the 'right' decisions after the event. Well most of us can.

John. 

PS, I stopped listening to James O'Brian along time ago, IMO the mans an ****.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I’m with you once again Gozzer, NOT getting dragged back in to commenting on this thread again.

How many times are you on the last post count Phone? 

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hugh,

I've not checked the counter - but I shall do so immediately.

As to your previous post "accept vs except"  I'd wager the whole dam ranch he didn't have a clue what he was even going on about

Phone

21 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

I’m with you once again Gozzer, NOT getting dragged back in to commenting on this thread again.

How many times are you on the last post count Phone? 

I must have written at least a half dozen replies to comments on this thread, and then deleted them HV. This time I couldn't help it. To try and score some petty political points on the backs of the sick and dying, is as low an anyone can stoop, and I couldn't let it go. Every evening, as well as the horrific news reports, we get a facetime call from my daughter checking that we are ok. It breaks our hearts to see and hear the stress, danger and even abuse that her and her colleagues are subjected to every day, and they still keep smiling for the sake of their patients. We can't even give her a comforting hug because she insists on keeping her distance for fear of infecting us. I can't really put into words my thoughts on those that belittle the efforts of those who are trying to help us through this time, just to try and prove some pathetic point they obsess about in their sick and twisted, narrow little minds. Well I could put it into words, but it would probably, and rightly, result in my being banned from the forum.

John.

• Like 3

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

11 hours ago, gozzer said:

Scottish fishermen losing their exports. The only reason I bothered to reply was because you tried score some pathetic points and blame it on Brexit, as usual. 

Somehow Blame this terrible virus on brexit  THAT IS  NOT CORRECT WHATSOEVER John ?  I never said that . What I  said  Is just how fragile how the bulk of  the fishing community rely on exporting there produce to Europe which now they are not doing .It shows just how much they rely on Europe for here  livelihoods  that’s fact John  .

Self employed Special case  !  The government were willing to throw the self employed  under the bus but because of public pressure they are now looking to Change course and no we are not a special case John the self employed contribute massively to this economy  .

And it was this government who ENCOURAGED people to go self employed in all lines of work 5 million of them . No  politic points scored here absolutely not far from it people just want help to get through this terrible virus and come out the other end .

You mentioned Sadiq Khan he was overruled by every other single member of cobra in trying to stop work on non essential  building sites working in London is that irresponsible I leave that to you to think about,

Its going to very hard for everybody some will lose loved ones it’s horrendous and shows just how fragile we all really are .

paul .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg