Should we have left the EU?

John S

5 hours ago, big_cod said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-campaign-idUKKCN24D0S1

On January 1st 2021 we will have No trade agreements in place with top ten leading economies on earth  ? that’s brexshit for ya and no it’s not scaremongering it’s fact.

As for trade agreements etc let’s look at the facts with brexit which has even made it harder not better to trade with ourselves .Brexit will be under intense scrutiny from January 2021 there will be nowhere to hide Boris Johnson I suppose you could always go in exile back to your home of birth which was not here in Britain.

The best thing to come out of brexit will be great big brand new lorry parks what an amazing achievement brexit will have given us all .All that free flow of goods imported and exported will suddenly be halted resulting that it will cost more to move goods around and yes who will pay for it poor old job blogs who was told brexit will be our savour when in reality it will be the exact opposite.

Now back to your statement companies are not prepared !which companies?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

6 hours ago, Phone said:

Huge,

IN THE GRAND SCHISM SCHEME  over all picture how do you review the content from a 12/30/2020 view.

I have no idea where I was headed with the 4th and 5th words in this post. (??) 

Phone

Yep, I had one of those as well but the wheel fell off. ?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

On January 1st 2021 we will have No trade agreements in place with top ten leading economies on earth  that’s brexshit for ya and no it’s not scaremongering it’s fact.

No it’s not, it’s not fact, it’s not correct and it’s not scaremongering it is repeating crap copied from somewhere else, the author of said dribble is not the moronic idiot in all this, he’s making money from it!

Surely there must be a limit on your stupidity, do you even know, according to the IMF, who the leading economies on Earth are? Clearly you do not.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

I am good at taking advice, suggest an on line site for those of us with a more liberal view than the nationalist tilt I often see and hear. I ask in the hope COD doesn't "help".

Maybe everyone is in sort of in a holding pattern with the work being done in the media background

Phone

Phone, that’s a lot to ask lol, so you want a Media source to inform you of the truth, let me see, wait a sec, hang on I’m trying to remember...

Most things are opinions based on assumptions or predictions of what is going to happen, even “history is written by the victors” so how can you expect the future to be available to you?

Even a publication such as The Economist that describes itself as ‘totally without bias’ do so by being bias towards different positions year on year.

University research papers are good as is Hansard but I prefer to watch political debate live (or recorded live) rather than read A.N. Others opinion on what the reporter thinks was said.

I tend to read through differing sources, and pick out the bones before swallowing. I also do the same as Chesters, if there is an article relating to U.K. trade with, say Germany I go to an English translation of a few Germany papers and read them.

That is IF I can be bothered at all about something, which is rare! 

It is very easy to pick holes in Clod’s bigoted diatribe, I doubt you need me to help you with that.

Phone, on a lighter note you might enjoy reading The Daily Mash it is a British Satirical online magazine so you might not grasp the relevance of some articles but the one highlighted will give you a laugh before thinking “mmmmm I know someone like that” but don’t give the game away, let others decide for themselves.

Huge,

Most things are opinions based on assumptions or predictions of what is going to happen, even “history is written by the victors” so how can you expect the future to be available to you?

I am better than "pretty good" at  applying and sorting opinion and analysis. The harder part is that BRITISH Journalism is new(er) to me. i guess you could call me a student since 2016. Few understand the determination of the new U.K.

I subscribe to the hard copy of the Economist. Truth is, there must be at least 2 versions (US&UK).

I guess I'm asking for the reputation by name and your rating for them. I won't have any problem determining my level of agreement.

Phone

Phone,

As far as I know, and I will accept if not so, The Economist is published in different languages but not different versions.

If you had asked me a few decades ago I would have pointed you to The Daily Telegraph, these days the same paper is often referred to as The Daily Torygraph! In any case it is a pay to read site now.

Reuters is a good source for headlines and a lot of their reporting is factual.

As for the rest of traditional media in the U.K. it varies between doubtful or dubious to out and out falsehood.

People tell me occasionally of some blog or whatever that is, in their opinion, good, excellent or whatever but you quickly understand it merely reflects their views already held.

Not much help am I?

All I can say is I am, like you an avid reader, I absorb information like a sponge and retain some rather strange information for an eternity,  in the Holland and Holland thread I was able to recall an article I read years ago and quickly find it Here strangely I had not read it due to the Robbery but due to the comments further down regarding open EU borders and the risk of illegal Gun imports into this Country, obviously this was later shown to be true so do I then believe everything written in that publication? No, did I add that to the reason why I always wanted to leave the EU? Yes. Along with a long long list that never appeared on the side of a red bus.

• Thanks 1

Huge,

I was immediately attracted to The DAILY MASH following the first headline I read.

The social media ars*hole's guide to being right

Some of my regulars although, probably much like you, I am fickle. In no particular order

• NPR
  • REUTERS
  • Al JAZEERA  opinion
  • POLITICO opinion
  • UK - INDEPENDENT (good grammar)
  • BLOOMBERG  not always
  • MARKET WATCH (a favorite)

Phone

Mine :

Its down under this box

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson