How is everyone doing?

gozzer

So you're insinuating you have tried both and thats your opinion lol

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, chesters1 said:

I had to read that twice !punjana hmmm whats it taste like?

Like I said it suits me, it is a nice brew.

I struggle to get it as it is not sold in a lot of places, I tend to go in. Morrison’s every now and then and buy a load but the purchase restrictions put an end to that, I have now found a place that supplies it in 440 unit bags and have got one delivered. They recently introduced an Irish breakfast blend, I’ve got one pack but not tried it yet.

I shy away from big packs as the tea goes stale being exposed to the air too long but at this moment I’m drinking gallons of the stuff.

Like I said, I like it, it gives a consistent good brew from a pot, even topping up with boiling water but it does get to a point when the tea is weak and bland with all the wrong taste.

Edited by Huge_Vitae
EDIT; I am blissfully unaware of the tastes mentioned in earlier posts other than to say it does NOT taste like that.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

6 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Like I said it suits me, it is a nice brew.

I struggle to get it as it is not sold in a lot of places, I tend to go in. Morrison’s every now and then and buy a load but the purchase restrictions put an end to that, I have now found a place that supplies it in 440 unit bags and have got one delivered. They recently introduced an Irish breakfast blend, I’ve got one pack but not tried it yet.

I shy away from big packs as the tea goes stale being exposed to the air too long but at this moment I’m drinking gallons of the stuff.

Like I said, I like it, it gives a consistent good brew from a pot, even topping up with boiling water but it does get to a point when the tea is weak and bland with all the wrong taste.

Get yourself a food sealer vacuum dooda ,break it into small amounts and seal it up and it will last for ages .I have even considered getting oxygen absorbers for really long term storage but not been able to source them cheap enough to make it worth while .

If you do consider a bag sealer get one with a seal only function aswell as vacuum seal it lets you seal fragile stuff without crushing it .

Bags are cheap enough now lidl ones are good when they come in but beware of ebay it must be embossed bags! ordinary ones seal but not vacuum .You can use them to reseal the bags the sytuff is packed in but you need about 4" of spare bag each time so easier just to make smaller bags with enough to use each time.

Today i will be vacuum sealing a box of 40 individual meusli packets into tens ,the same with porridge and putting a catering can of big frankfurters into 6 packets of six dogs and scoffing the spare one as i do it ! They will go in the freezer it lenghens fresh or canned  stuff by days but it still goes off!

With dry goods you can use the bags again but lose a bit each time so quite useful that way so i choose an oversized bag the first time seal it as near the end i can then reuse it once the contents are gone another free chesters1 tip

You can use them to boil in the bag but it ruins the bag so you cant wash it out and reuse it if you get low

Top tip2 you can put anything you like in them (possibly not kittens unless you shut the curtains) every year i vacuum seal last years reciepts and utility documents it turns them into a solid brick which can be labled and stored in the loft for ever ,books you want to keep but lack room to store on shelves etc ,in those cases i suggest putting in a little moisture absorber incase the book is slighly damp and even soft thing like out of favour baby doll nighties (bugger now i have refound a long unused word i'm getting my moneys worth) so you can reuse them in later life ,wonderous things vacuum sealers i highly recommend them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not posted for a week or so, and am missing my usual rant, so here goes.

Talking to my daughter, and she told me that there had been a robbery at the hospital. The thieves had first taken a computer from the reception, but then found the face masks, and took them too. The computer was found dumped outside, and is now back up and running thanks to their IT dept. The masks were found when some hospital staff heard that they were being sold for 50p for two, in the Aldi carpark down the road. I believe that most of them were recovered, not sure if they will be usable now, and not heard what happened to the b--------ds, that were selling them. I asked about security, but it seems that because there are 'crash carts' in the place, they can't lock it off totally, and the cleaners have a habit of propping doors open to make their moving around easier. She has told me that on the odd occasion that they have to go in late to treat, they have found the odd homeless person curled up asleep in the place, so only enter in numbers after normal hours.

My wife and I watched a televised meeting of the Government's 'health committee', where various MPs led by that well known 'rhyming slang' Jeremy Hunt question Matt Hancock. One such questioner was Rosie Cooper, Labour MP from West Lancs. She started on about postponed treatments, (although she seemed to  prefer to call them cancelled), of cancer patients, and continued to say that because of this the Oncology staff were either reassigned, or stood idle, (not exact words, but the usual point scoring spin). My wife was incensed by her words, and the manner in which she had put them, that she immediately sent off an email to the woman, complaining. If they were 'stood idle', then could she explain why my daughter is working 12 + hour shifts, and either working weekends, or on stand by, to cover the increase in patient numbers. She hasn't had a reply yet. What is it with these Labour women, first we had the stupid one from Derby council, hoping the PM didn't recover from ICU,  then Andi Fox, quoting some left wing blog saying that the PM was faking his illness, and the Drs having to sign the Official Secrets Act, on threat of dismissal! Both later had to withdraw the comments and apologise. It's like the daily briefings from No10, I can watch the statements from the ministers, and the medical/science advisors, but have to turn off when the media vultures try to twist, and spin everything to provide better headlines. I'm not sure which is worse, the so called journalists, or the sad sods that believe every word they commit to print.

Noticed that suddenly there are quite a few con trails in the sky, especially since the weekend, not sure whether it's the Government importing more of the virus, or plane loads of Romanians coming over for a bit of fruit picking. 

Going through my shed, sorting tackle and tools, I noticed a small pool of water on a plastic box. On closer inspection, and after moving some stuff, it seems my old shed has sprung a leak. I cleared the stuff out of the corner, and found that somehow a small section of panelling had come away from the frame. It looks like the heavy rain, and strong winds from just over a week ago, had forced water through the gap. All that was ruined was a couple of boxes of assorted nails and screws, but I found a soaked cardboard box full of my sons old stuff. I started going through it, and found a treasure trove of memories, from 30 odd years ago. Original Star Wars, Mask, and Street Fighter figures. Toy vehicles, including, A team van, Batmobile, Starsky and Hutch car, General Lee (Dukes of Hazard), a Klingon war bird, Buck Rogers space craft, Magnum PI and about 200 more assorted cars, planes, trains etc. They were mainly Matchbox, and Corgi, from the late 70s, early 80s, no boxes, and all showing that they had been well played with. Of little, if any, monetary value, but the look on my sons face, and that of my 5 year old Grandson, when I showed them via 'Facetime',  was a pleasure to see. I'm now in the process of wading through them, sorting, cleaning, repairing, and in some cases discarding those that are beyond saving. It was interesting to see that the early ones were all 'Made in England or Gt Britain', some of the cars were made in Europe, then as they got newer, the franchised film stuff was made in the US.  Then it began to change first Malaysia, then a couple stamped 'Macau', then 'Hong Kong' started to show, but not one said Made in China, how things have changed. It's distracted me from fixing the shed, now that's a job for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, and keeping their distance, remember 'Far Cough'

Stay safe

John. 

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hospitals are really easy to get into they have to be ,in our visits we have seen security doors propped open , supply cupboards open and supposedly restricted areas completely open with not a soul in sight.

Surprised theres some delay in getting tested my grandaughter and man friend who also work in a care home were tested last week but both have not had results yet ,it takes seconds to do a couple of swabs then they join a queue to be analysed .

My mrs cancelled her apointment for a ultrasound guided injection thinking we were helping more needy patients but the receptionist appeared quite huffy and said if she cancelled then she would be struck off the list and would have to reaply via the doctor !

We tried to cancel our gas safety test on the grounds we are isolating and first the company phoned us and told us its mandatory then the council phoned and said in light of government advice it could be delayed then we had a card saying a gas fitter would attend on the 4th of march not to comply was illegal lol

Keep safe ,if someone released a song with that it could bomb or go to number one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is keeping well, and not climbing too far up the walls.

It's been a mixed week or so in gozzerland, and the actions of some people leave me scratching my head in bewilderment.

First, my daughter who as some will know works as a radiotherapist at the oncology dept of one of the main hospitals in Leeds. She rang me the other day saying that she had painted some designs on her wooden garden furniture, and asking if she should varnish it, what varnish did I recommend, and (of course) did I have any she could have? When I'd sorted that out, she told me that when she was in the garden painting, she could hear a party going on in the garden two doors down. Like most people, especially those in the NHS, she was getting angry with the whole thing. Her neighbour on the other side, is a carer and he came out heard what was happening, and went back inside in disgust. My daughter carried on painting trying to keep a low profile behind the fence. Eventually, the inevitable happened, and one of the crowd spotted her, and tried to start a conversation, asking what she was doing, and saying why didn't she come and join them. She politely refused, and not wanting a scene carried on with her painting. The guy continued to shout over to her, and said that they were planning another get together the following weekend, and she should come and join them. Still not wanting to make a scene, she said that she would probably be working that weekend. He then asked what she did for a living. She'd had enough by then, and firmly, but politely told him that she worked in the NHS, and sees daily the effect that ignoring social distancing has on many people. The guy then said to his mates, 'she works for the NHS', and they started to applaud, and cheer, shouting how much they appreciate the work done by the NHS staff! She was speechless, and packed up her stuff and went back indoors. The crass stupidity of some people is almost unbelievable. 

I was listening to the news the other day, and there was a discussion about restrictions during an easing of the lockdown. It was suggested by some, that those over 70, should be still confined to lock down because they were most vulnerable to CV19. I then heard an interview with Baroness Altmann, and IMO, she made more sense than most with her answers. She said that it would be wrong just to use an age as a decider as to who should do what. A fit 70year old plus person, would have a better chance than an obese 45 year old, and a persons health, and fitness counted more than just a specific age. She also went on to say that if they were using the published statistics to decide who was most vulnerable, then imagine the outcry if it was suggested that over weight, non white males, should be the ones that were confined to their houses. She had much more to say on the subject, and I found myself nodding in agreement to most of it.

My daughter got tested, last week and got an email yesterday saying that the results were negative. She has been forced to take 'loo days', so hadn't been in work, and I used this small window of opportunity to get some of my tools from her shed, and do a couple of small jobs in her garden, with minimal risk. She was the happiest I'd seen her for some time, and it was good to spend some time with her, without having to raise my voice so she could hear me. Then, this afternoon I got a phone call from her, she was obviously upset, and told me that a very good friend from her Roller Derby days, had died, aged 34. Apparently he'd been involved in an accident while out walking the dog. The whole team from back then had recently been planning a meet up when all this crap was over.

Life can be real shite at times.

Stay safe all

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Its a bit of a postcode how good the tests are ,the chap i mentioned test came back negative and he said he was feeling crook so he was tested again and was positive ,trouble is you can catch it on the way home from the testing center so its only viable for a day i presume.

If it showed you had had it then the test would be more useful and show you 'may' be immune for a while so more useful but theres talk of positive negatives and negative positives and positive still being positive long after it should .

Can you trust germans to tell the truth anyway , would they be sacked if a few mistakes were made? They could just say the sweinhund English pig-dog caught it after the test was done and a few verdampt aieeee englisher spitfuer later as seen in every commando comic quickly forgotten

Edited by chesters1

Thanks Ant, that's part of the problem, we can't even put a comforting arm around her at the moment. 

I know that the tests aren't 100% chesters, I think the official figures are about 75/80% for a negative result, I've not heard any stats for positive results though. She had been working long hours, as well as being on cover in case of emergencies, so because they don't get paid overtime, they have to take time off in loo of wages. She had the test, on Wednesday, and because there was a lull in scheduled treatments, she was told to take the time off then. She was off Thurs, Friday, and the weekend, so the chances of her picking it up between the test and the result was much less than normal, that's why I went over to her house on Sunday. I know it's no guarantee, but it's all about the risk assessment of any situation. Just like always really.

While we were talking, the subject of the NHS naturally came up. She said that they had been busier than usual, because many operations had been postponed, and they were treating cancer patients to slow down the spread, until it was safe to start operating again. She also said that CV19 had been picked up on xrays of the lungs taken, prior to treatment, by the diagnostic radiographers. I only thought in terms of testing to check for the virus, so it was a bit of a surprise to hear of it. When they are treating patients, they get allotted a time for the duration of each session. If they had to wear full PPE, then the time that they took to put it on, and change it, as it's been suggested by some, would eat into that time, and would result in 2 or 3 patients less being treated each day. So all this crying out for more PPE, is irrelevant, unless the type, and degree of protection it provides, is matched to the actual procedure the wearer is involved in. We also had a laugh about the Doctors in Germany, who had posted naked pictures of themselves, calendar girl style, in protest at the shortage of PPE in their country. I could have sworn that it only happened in the UK.:rolleyes:

John.