Latest Covid Variant Concerns??

Martin56

American 'Research' has revealed (its pretty obvious ) mouth wash helps in removing covid in the mouth, i cottoned onto the idea long ago and whenever i go out i glug half a glass of woods navy rum on getting home,its got far more alcohol than mouthwash and probably tastes better aswell For better effect use Polmos spirit  but its rather expensive.workkssssh forre meee hic!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Or, you could just do a few glasses of Sherry.

Not strong enough ,we want to kill it not get it **** lol

Woods is 57% ish polmos is 95%? (higher alcohol than hand sanitiser which is generally 70 or 80% the rest is usualy aloe vera or your hands dry out!) ,they recommend not drinking it neat but going by experience its ok in moderation or medical use, the grog that is i dont recommend drinking hand sanitiser thats for qualified drunks !

Its strange how tastes change my drink of choice used to be "gunpowder" strength  dark rum (pussers by choice ) but now i couldnt sit and enjoy it that medicinal shot is about it ,perhaps the mirriad of pills i am on disagree with it i can definately feel the effect of that small quantity but if it does kill any covid picked up (not concerned about the nose i breath through my mouth ) its worth the effort .woods is cheaper than pussers and seemingly more raw to me it tastes of mollasses far more than i remember pussers having but perhaps time has dulled my memory i have got out of the habit of losing weekends being friends with my bog!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Not strong enough ,we want to kill it not get it **** lol

Woods is 57% ish polmos is 95%? (higher alcohol than hand sanitiser which is generally 70 or 80% the rest is usualy aloe vera or your hands dry out!) ,they recommend not drinking it neat but going by experience its ok in moderation or medical use, the grog that is i dont recommend drinking hand sanitiser thats for qualified drunks !

Its strange how tastes change my drink of choice used to be "gunpowder" strength  dark rum (pussers by choice ) but now i couldnt sit and enjoy it that medicinal shot is about it ,perhaps the mirriad of pills i am on disagree with it i can definately feel the effect of that small quantity but if it does kill any covid picked up (not concerned about the nose i breath through my mouth ) its worth the effort .woods is cheaper than pussers and seemingly more raw to me it tastes of mollasses far more than i remember pussers having but perhaps time has dulled my memory i have got out of the habit of losing weekends being friends with my bog!

Polmos do a variety of strengths of polish spirit  57.1% abv, 79.9% abv and then the variety you refer to which is sold as rectified spiritus which I've seen at both 95% abv and 96% abv.

if you like flavoured spiced rums try some of the ones rockstar do like pineapple handgrenade at 65%abv or banana bomb at 57%abv then again if its just dark rum there's always stroh 80 at 80% abv or goslings 151 dark Bermuda rum at 75.5% abv

I am guided more by content vs cost hence i made the inference to pussers and polmos being more expensive (if you just want strenght to drink drink 99.9% isopropanol ((at your risk)) it's cheap under 15 squid a gallon),if you use alcohol medicinally over the age of 60 should you get it free as you do with other meds 😉

I am not a great believer in adulterated drinks ,if you dont like the main contents dont drink it drink the flavour instead ,i remember lager top (lemonade or blackcurrant) what was the point the top wasnt enough to do anything lol and you paid more and i have never tried nor understood the reason behind cocktails !mixing spirits dosent make them stronger so why bother? If you want to get **** drink the strongest drink they sell !you will stumble off back home much quicker isn't that what alcohol drinking is about?I certainly dont enjoy sitting in an expensive pub listening to people opinion i might not want to hear and pay for someone elses drink because its the done thing .

Just realised i have had a cocktail i remember tipping lots of single malt whisky (the deceased landlord's collection of miniatures) into a pint glass and supping on it ,the 3/4s left went into a bottle for later use ,it tasted just like cheap whisky ! Being free i suppose it was.

Edited by chesters1

You might have to switch to Brandy for the new French variant - announced just as Boris was forced to admit that Omicron was milder than previous versions.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

I am guided more by content vs cost hence i made the inference to pussers and polmos being more expensive (if you just want strenght to drink drink 99.9% isopropanol ((at your risk)) it's cheap under 15 squid a gallon),if you use alcohol medicinally over the age of 60 should you get it free as you do with other meds 😉

I am not a great believer in adulterated drinks ,if you dont like the main contents dont drink it drink the flavour instead ,i remember lager top (lemonade or blackcurrant) what was the point the top wasnt enough to do anything lol and you paid more and i have never tried nor understood the reason behind cocktails !mixing spirits dosent make them stronger so why bother? If you want to get **** drink the strongest drink they sell !you will stumble off back home much quicker isn't that what alcohol drinking is about?I certainly dont enjoy sitting in an expensive pub listening to people opinion i might not want to hear and pay for someone elses drink because its the done thing .

Just realised i have had a cocktail i remember tipping lots of single malt whisky (the deceased landlord's collection of miniatures) into a pint glass and supping on it ,the 3/4s left went into a bottle for later use ,it tasted just like cheap whisky ! Being free i suppose it was.

why drink 99.9% isopropanol when you could get 99.9% ethanol instead (apart from its slightly cheaper).

Mixing drinks is about taste rather than strength apart from the halfwits that think snakebite is stronger than any other drink of the same abv because cider and lager have a special reaction 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I think ethanol makes you blind ,i used to make a very strong spirit ,someone knocked over a glass of it and it took the polish off the lino! Treble distilled !occasionally the output pipe came undone and set fire to the ceiling tiles ,bloody dangerous but they are banned today we cant have houses catching fire getting in the way of distilling!

I first use the cooker top and a half milk churn but controlling the temp was tricky so we went the electric route

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I think ethanol makes you blind ,i used to make a very strong spirit ,someone knocked over a glass of it and it took the polish off the lino! Treble distilled !occasionally the output pipe came undone and set fire to the ceiling tiles ,bloody dangerous but they are banned today we cant have houses catching fire getting in the way of distilling!

I first use the cooker top and a half milk churn but controlling the temp was tricky so we went the electric route

Ethanol is the alcohol in drinks, whereas isopropyl is the alcohol in hand sanitiser and aftershave neither is particularly safe to drink at 99.9% abv, if you were going to though one would be a better option than the other. keep the isoprop for cleaning your hands and spraying on not imbibing 🤣

I agree thats why i said drinking it was your decision at those strengths. i have drunk polish spirit at 80% quite happily theres no need go go higher unless you want to .Mine was higher but was far cruder but i survived long enough not to continue drinking it unlike my mate who now gets **** on a pint because hes buggered himself up going from drinking occasionally to drinking continually 😥

I think the decider is dying from covid in a fortnight or drinking spirits for years and dying slowly ,the difference being you can stop drinking with enough willpower and help but  you cant undie from covid .Woods rum has gone up a fiver from when i bought a couple of bottles perhaps its caught on 🤫

PS your right about ethanol i was thinking of methanol and its problem with blindness but any alcohol if abused can make you go blind ,i visited mother Ludlam's hole and couldn't see a thing (google is your friend lol)

Now some research has implicated mouthwash as a potential covid fighter i wonder how quick the recipes  will change of mouthwashes to include the magic ingredient  to cash in? ,saying that the fricking listerine gum stuff i use should work i can handle drinking strong liquor but 10 seconds of washing that stuff around my mouth burns like hell!

Theres has been talk of colchicine  as a anti viral ,thats great i have 50 tabs for my occasional gout ,im ok jack! What the woods dont get the pills will!

Edited by chesters1