Boris will be OK!!

Martin56

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

😂 Me  using garbage news , now let’s look at the facts we opened up earlier than most Eu countries so our growth was obviously stronger but now we are slower Infact the OBR latest  economic forecast for  Britain is to be bottom of  the G7  by 2023 with U.K. growth . So get your facts  right Ken lad .

So chickens and all other food stuffs aren’t rising 😂 seriously 2.60 for fresh chicken what is smaller then a sparrow . So everybody else in the industry is wrong :bigemo_harabe_net-163:seriously give your head a shake .

You can use all the forecasts you like. I'll stick to actual measured facts.

Forecasts are variable and prone to bias. The OECD forecast for economic growth, for instance, suggests that the UK will outstrip our EU neighbours in 2022 and then slow down to approximately the same rate of growth as them in 2023 - but a lot can change in that time.

I didn't say a whole chicken for £2.60. I said a whole fresh chicken for £2.46 - £2.05/kg. The nearest equivalent that I can find in France is 4.39€ -3.38 € /kg.

I didn't say that food prices weren't rising. They are, but they are lower in the UK than in the EU.

As for inflation rates, again nothing to do with Brexit, and the latest figures show 7% for the UK.

France is doing a little better at 4.8% - but this is likely due to pre-election meddling by Macron.

Germany is at 7.4%, the Netherlands are at 9.7%, Spain is at 8.4% and the Euro area as a whole is at 7.5%.

So, we have lower gas prices than the EU, lower food (including chicken) prices than the EU, lower inflation than the EU and a better 2022 growth forecast than the EU. Remind me again why Brexit was bad.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Entertain us more !

Its a pity humans just have two feet it would be amusing visualising you put 3 or 4 in😆 give up over the last 6 years just how many people have agreed with you 🤭 joking aside your a joke who cannot see the diiference between excuses and reasons ,cant wait to get american chickens they will put the excuse using uk chicken breeders out of work😂

Producers love excuses to raise prices ,they use the ploy of predicting some sort of calimity later in the year to give the impression to gullible morons like yourself prices will have to rise ,what happens prices rise for no reason but never as much as predicted so the idiots think to themself phew thats not so bad after all and forget the fact it was all lies in the first place and they stumped up 🤣

Every year without fail farmers come up with the excuses ,to cold ,late frost ,to hot ,to dry etc etc but strangely at harvest time nothing happened and everything is normal EXCEPT the morons excepted it as true and stumped more up thinking there was a problem 🤣

As i have said a thousand times if you want inflated prises to drop DONT BUY IT and it will come back down or the producer will have a worthless glut of it 🙄

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

He’s a moronic believer of anything that slags off and blames Brexit, as I used to call him “the chicken licken of AN.

Simple to put a question into Google and read the info, but the tosser prefers to quote from groups such as Rejoin EU for his information, then stupidly accuses people on here of bias!

The Brussels Times.

The price of chicken in grocery stores has risen by eight cents this week, and the cost of pork jumped 20 cents last week, according to the Flemish infocentre for agriculture and horticulture (VILT).

The Dutch Poultry Federation said even those price increases are barely enough to compensate for the rise in feed costs facing the sector as a whole, which is causing some poultry farmers to consider cutting back production.

“Because of bird flu and also the war in Ukraine, there is currently no import from countries like Poland, Germany and the Netherlands,” explained Danny Coulier, chairman of the National Poultry Federation.

“Imported meat is mainly used in the processing industry and they are now buying more Belgian meat.”

An ‘unprecedented’ increase

Ukraine is a major producer of chicken; since the Russian invasion, it has been noticeably absent from the international market. In just one month, the price of chicken has risen from €1.11 per kilo to €1.24, and this week’s eight-cent rise was the largest to take place so far.

“That is an unprecedented increase,” said Eric Hermy, poultry expert at feed company Quartes.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The experts speak  not the speak not the bulkshitters      

Brexit pressures are largely to blame for the soaring price of chicken, the British Poultry Council (BPC) has said, rejecting Boris Johnson’s claim it is down to global energy prices.

The prime minister said soaring supermarket prices were mainly due to international fuel supply problems on Tuesday, adding: “The cost of chickens is crazy

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bloomberg.

”The head of Leclerc, France's biggest retailer by market share, on Tuesday said it would identify the 120 items consumers buy most, including toilet paper, soap, rice and pasta, and create a "shield" whereby Leclerc will guarantee the price of those items from May 4 until July.

Price increases have been anywhere between 6% and 20%. Pasta, for instance, has increased by 20%, as have some brands of coffee and chocolate, Michel-Edouard Leclerc said in an interview with French radio broadcaster franceinfo.

In March, European governments, some facing elections this year, spent tens of billions of euros to shelter households from energy costs.

There is little sign they will offer similar help with food bills, which are a smaller part of domestic expenditure, but politicians are nervous as household incomes are squeezed and consumer groups have warned the poorest are having to choose between heating their homes and eating properly.“

Funny that, not a mention of Brexit in any of the multiple countries’ newspapers reporting the exact things happening in their regions, only think affecting the U.K. is Brexit according to some of limited intellect.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Inflation  rates expected to be over 10%. Mortgage rates rise today , soaring  prices building materials have doubled  in some cases as most are imported from Europe and costs are rocketing  . Shortage of Labour hitting productivity right across the spectrum . Our exports are  drop away brexit super trade deals are NON and it’s just the start .

Welcome to brexit Britain put your seatbelt on now !!!!!

Very High interest rates was under you know who !

The 1979 Conservative government
The administration of Margaret Thatcher raised interest rates to 17 per cent, as this was seen by the government of the time as a key weapon in combating inflation. It did have the effect of reducing inflation, although critics noted its negative impact on UK manufacturing exports. Interest rates began to rise again towards the end of the 1980s, partly under the pressure of house price rises

£250,000 Mortgage  today at those rates 😳😩 how many thousand a month !!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

“Fights breaking out at the checkout counters in Waitrose as angry shoppers battled for the few remaining stocks. Reports of black market birds changing hands for thousands in the posher parts of London. Twitter feeds cluttered with pictures of nut roasts, tofu crowns, and chestnut bakes taking pride of place on the Christmas table, as people desperately tried out the alternatives. You probably noticed the Great Turkey Shortage this year. Christmas went ahead more or less as normal, but of course Brexit meant there weren’t any turkeys available anywhere, just as the farmers had warned. 

Only a couple of months ago, we were all being told that turkeys would inevitably be in short supply this year. 'There is a likelihood there will be a shortage,' the British Poultry Council told MPs. 

For all the scare stories, there were lots of turkeys available in the shops, and as many pigs in blankets and bottles of champagne as you felt like buying

Such predictions were splashed across a credulous media. And, of course, it wasn’t just turkeys: pigs in blankets were 'already under threat', we were informed by the bigwigs at the National Pig Association. 

Almost as seriously, the champagne was likely to run out as well, at least according to the Guardian. In fact, the only thing forecast to be in plentiful supply was brussels sprouts, on account of a pretty good growing season. Without wishing to disparage the sturdy sprout, if that was going to be the centrepiece of Christmas dinner it was likely to be a fairly meagre meal. The explanation? Our departure from the EU meant there were fewer workers for the farms, and border controls would make it impossible to import enough food and drink. Some hardcore Remainers were getting ready to point out, with their weariest ‘sadly we told you so’ expressions, that outside the single market Christmasses would be very bleak from now on. 

Except of course, none of it happened. For all the scare stories, there were lots of turkeys available in the shops, and as many pigs in blankets and bottles of champagne as you felt like buying. With the omicron variant of Covid-19 there were plenty of challenges over the festive season, but a shortage of traditional foods was, for most people, not among them. It turned out to be yet another ridiculous round of scare stories. 

In fact, it was not hard to work out what was going on. Farmers and industrialised meat producers most of all, have allowed themselves to become too reliant on cheap imported labour. The industry has been lobbying intensively to be allowed to ship in as many agency workers on seasonal contracts, for minimum wage, as it needs; whipping up scare stories about shortages is the best argument it has. After all, complaining that profits might be hurt by having to offer better pay and conditions to attract staff doesn’t sound quite so good. 

But of course, although few people recognise it, a free market is very good at getting around obstacles. Sure, supply chains have to be re-configured sometimes, new suppliers in different countries have to be located, and prices have to be adjusted to make it happen. And yet making sure supply and demand roughly balance out is what a free market does best. 

There are occasional shortages, such as the fuel crisis of the autumn, but they are usually caused by a surge of panic buying, and rarely last for very long. In reality, there was no shortage of turkeys this Christmas, nor anything else, and there won’t be next Christmas either – and all the media reports that played along with the scare stories have been left looking a bit bird-brained.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

2 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

He’s a moronic believer of anything that slags off and blames Brexit, as I used to call him “the chicken licken of AN.

Simple to put a question into Google and read the info, but the tosser prefers to quote from groups such as Rejoin EU for his information, then stupidly accuses people on here of bias!

I saw the bit about brussels and some small retailer selling bread flour much cheaper than the norm in supermarkets which are the first to use excuses to raise prices over there by the looks of it ,you could just see the price for a 25kg bag which was €24. 99 which is around what we pay here so i dont even see huge price rises in Belgium which has the biggest inflation in the EU (strange the EU reigns from there) .Inflation is always hovering it uses the excuses business does and ofcourse the more the poor get paid the higher it gets

Agency workers are always wanted i read until they have worked in a place for 3 months the agency can pay as little as they can get and the staff have no rights either ,thats why farms love them by the time 3 months are up they have moved on ,same with your Filipino nurses etc

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Scare stores I am afraid not building material prices literally doubled-it’s reality . Higher labour and building materials  costs to build houses it all creates inflation . It’s here it’s real so get used to it . All your  cheap days are now  gone it’s time to dig very deep you wanted it .

And if we go into recession well !!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

oh dear dear me  really !! 😂

This is your brexit newspaper full of **** are they :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

‘Next year we won't have ANY chickens' Farmer issues warning as prices skyrocket

THE WHOLESALE of chicken eggs is not worth the cost of feeding the hens, and could force farmers to get rid of "at least half" of their produce, a farmer has claimed

Chicken prices soar at farmgate level due to high feed costs, 

Farmgate prices have gone up to Rs 125 -130 a kg from Rs 70-80 a kg a couple of months ago.

https://www.financialexpress.com/market/commodities/chicken-prices-soar-at-farmgate-level-due-to-high-feed-costs-cut-in-production/2458550/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1604775/Farmer-cost-of-living-crisis-chicken-eggs-price-increase-chicken-beef-vn

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2022/05/03/chicken-prices-rising-to-near-beef-costs

Arse why are you quoting prices from India? Dont you know where you live now? How is your brexit fixation effecting the Indian subcontinent ?🤣 Yes you deny its global inflation 🤭

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2