Boris will be OK!!

Martin56

30th June 2020 BBC News.

EasyJet plans up to 4,500 job cuts

However, Balpa general secretary Brian Stratton said the job cuts were "an excessive over-reaction".

"EasyJet won't find a supply of pilots waiting to come back when the recovery takes place over the next two years."

And Unite said the plan to make 1,290 cabin crew redundant was a "massive blow" for a "battered industry".

"There is no need for this announcement at this time, especially since Easyjet has taken a multi-million pound government loan which it ought to be putting to use defending UK jobs," said national officer for civil aviation Oliver Richardson. 

Easyjet currently has 11 bases in the UK, with 163 aircraft, serving 546 routes. 

Even though it is looking at closing the Stansted, Southend and Newcastle bases, it said the airports would remain part of its route network. 

That means it will continue to fly in and out but will not have aircraft and crew based permanently at the airports.

'Saddened'

Easyjet has seven aircraft based at Stansted, with 335 crew. At Southend, there are 183 crew and four aircraft. And there are three aircraft based in Newcastle, with 157 crew.

The job cut proposals are not limited to the bases that may close, a Unite spokesman said.

Newcastle Airport said it was "saddened to hear of possible job losses and the significant impact this would cause."

EasyJet said in May that it planned up to 4,500 job cuts as it struggled with the collapse in air travel due to the coronavirus crisis.

It has started to fly passengers again, but does not expect 2019 levels of demand to be reached again until 2023.

Airlines have been hit hard by lockdowns and travel restrictions around the world, with many announcing job cuts.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that Air France/KLM would present a plan to unions on Friday to cut more than 6,500 jobs over the next two years as the airline deals with the effects of the coronavirus crisis.

In June Lufthansa said it planned to cut 22,000 jobs, and British Airways said in April that it could cut up to 12,000 jobs from its 42,000-strong workforce

Anybody see the word BREXIT in that report? I’m guessing no one except troll boy who even sees it in cloud formations and has a potato collection of the vegetables that look like the word Brexit. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

On 6/21/2022 at 7:56 PM, Huge_Vitae said:

30th June 2020 BBC News.

EasyJet plans up to 4,500 job cuts

However, Balpa general secretary Brian Stratton said the job cuts were "an excessive over-reaction".

"EasyJet won't find a supply of pilots waiting to come back when the recovery takes place over the next two years."

And Unite said the plan to make 1,290 cabin crew redundant was a "massive blow" for a "battered industry".

"There is no need for this announcement at this time, especially since Easyjet has taken a multi-million pound government loan which it ought to be putting to use defending UK jobs," said national officer for civil aviation Oliver Richardson. 

Easyjet currently has 11 bases in the UK, with 163 aircraft, serving 546 routes. 

Even though it is looking at closing the Stansted, Southend and Newcastle bases, it said the airports would remain part of its route network. 

That means it will continue to fly in and out but will not have aircraft and crew based permanently at the airports.

'Saddened'

Easyjet has seven aircraft based at Stansted, with 335 crew. At Southend, there are 183 crew and four aircraft. And there are three aircraft based in Newcastle, with 157 crew.

The job cut proposals are not limited to the bases that may close, a Unite spokesman said.

Newcastle Airport said it was "saddened to hear of possible job losses and the significant impact this would cause."

EasyJet said in May that it planned up to 4,500 job cuts as it struggled with the collapse in air travel due to the coronavirus crisis.

It has started to fly passengers again, but does not expect 2019 levels of demand to be reached again until 2023.

Airlines have been hit hard by lockdowns and travel restrictions around the world, with many announcing job cuts.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that Air France/KLM would present a plan to unions on Friday to cut more than 6,500 jobs over the next two years as the airline deals with the effects of the coronavirus crisis.

In June Lufthansa said it planned to cut 22,000 jobs, and British Airways said in April that it could cut up to 12,000 jobs from its 42,000-strong workforce

Anybody see the word BREXIT in that report? I’m guessing no one except troll boy who even sees it in cloud formations and has a potato collection of the vegetables that look like the word Brexit. 🤣🤣🤣

So  the CEO of easyJet hasn’t  a clue 😂 blacks white again , and there is no problems in hospitality,,social care , construction , fruit picking , crop picking etc etc etc !!! the looney world of brexit coming back to bite you .Bit just one small problem the public know  they have been hooked over .

And today in Brexit Britain  9.1% inflation is announced and  on its way to that magic double figure inflation  number as prices soar right across the board .

And wages drop off the scale  , a high wage economy the Brexiteers said 😂 as living standards set to drop below 2008 standards in real terms all absolute  rubbish as we are going backwards not forwards at a rate of knots welcome to Brexit Britain.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

So  the CEO of easyJet hasn’t  a clue 😂 blacks white again , and there is no problems in hospitality,,social care , construction , fruit picking , crop picking etc etc etc !!! the looney world of brexit coming back to bite you .Bit just one small problem the public know  they have been hooked over .

And today in Brexit Britain  9.1% inflation is announced and  on its way to that magic double figure inflation  number as prices soar right across the board .

And wages drop off the scale  , a high wage economy the Brexiteers said 😂 as living standards set to drop below 2008 standards in real terms all absolute  rubbish as we are going backwards not forwards at a rate of knots welcome to Brexit Britain.

t9pdr.jpg

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Labour unveils plans to seek limited changes to Brexit deal, as Lammy pledges not to rejoin the single market

PRI_202124534-640x360-1-300x169.jpg

“Labour has broken its long silence on Brexit, laying out detailed plans to improve, not scrap, the deal Boris Johnson struck with the EU, in a move it concedes will enrage remain supporters. On the sixth anniversary of the Brexit referendum, the shadow foreign secretary, David Lammy, confirmed the party would seek only limited changes and would not seek to rejoin the single market which would bring the return of free trade and free movement of people. “We are not going into the next election saying that we will enter the single market or the EU. “You might not like it but Labour is determined to govern the entire country,” he said adding “there cannot be a rehash of arguments” made in remainer constituencies like his in London. “The British people have made a decision and we have to honour it,” he told the UK in a Changing Europe’s annual conference.” – The Guardian

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

They maybe not say it as its political suicide but behind the scenes they will be negotiating with the EU to do as much harm as they can so the undecided insist we rejoin bumping up the remain vote in a future referendum ,polititions probably did the same to gain the second irish vote 😉

Polititions only need the voter in elections everything else they do is for themselves, you please other interested parties rewards follow 😉

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 6/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, big_cod said:

If only there was a way to compare wage rises across Europe - Particularly Western Europe...

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 6/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, chesters1 said:

t9pdr.jpg

Brexitshit Britain can’t stop laughing at that these crazy brexshiteers .

Enjoy :bigemo_harabe_net-163: we are undoubtedly  a laughing stock on the world stage ,  and she has the Union Jack flag behind her 😂 brilliant the blind leading the blind .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

47 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Brexitshit Britain can’t stop laughing at that these crazy brexshiteers .

Enjoy :bigemo_harabe_net-163: we are undoubtedly  a laughing stock on the world stage ,  and she has the Union Jack flag behind her 😂 brilliant the blind leading the blind .

t9pdr.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Now it’s getting juicy 😁👍

Nobody watches your videos - and the thought of James O'Brien getting "juicy" makes me want to vomit.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.