Grass snake..

Ken L

As a kid in Bromley i remember 3 parrots that used to annoy the hell out of my dads racing pidgeons .Never understand why we import species that can threaten ours ,the ninja turtles fad ended up with 3 living down at badshot lea pond ,whether they are still there is unknown yet we import thousands of useless things for nothing more than selfish amusement .

America is plagued with carp, iguanas and pythons why the carp exiist is unknown why are they not culled for the protein ? Better than harvesting sea fish to feed cattle!

Another amusing episode i watched was a family of boar in a garden ,thats free bacon why are they alive?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, Bobj said:

I watched a short news item regarding Wobblies in the English snow Also, saw a very short news item about a flight of budgies over some village in southern England. 
By gum! No wonder we have so much English livestock; you good people off loaded all your wildlife for some good stuff!

Yes but the brits use forward planning and logic ,your dingos can kill the cats ,the foxes will eat the rabbits and the cats could eat the mice!

What do you do? put a long fence up to keep out the dingos and shoot the cats, bugger knows how the foxes are? You wont be moaning when you cant afford petrol and you suddenly realise you have the biggest group of wild camels to pull your ute's thanks to the brits ,if you used your bloody kangaroos boy will that be a bumpy ride.

PS do you need more settlers? We proposed rwanda but i think that will be stopped ,we have lots and more arriving everyday !you have plenty of room its not as if its a new thing 🤭 Unlike africa they wont be walking back and the boats would need more fuel 🤣

As promised the 3 cubs ,spent 10 minutes in garden but this blurry image is the only one with all 3 in shot ,the dad? Earlier braved the badger and knicked all the bits of bread i chucked out hopefully to feed them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0174ld0cd7nfucg/20220609_114951.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u358sm79etvab9/20220609_120215.jpg?dl=0

You can see its mouth stuffed with bread and he got the other two bits in aswell !

The images are poor ,its a 4k camera sending to a 4k DVR into a 4k tv but ofcourse its 4k in daylight at night the camera is really bad thats never mentioned and thats with the garden light on! I also think my tablet gets confused with the tv brightness or i forgot to up the resolution?

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I found a newt whilst doing some gardening at the weekend. And see plenty of owls, pheasants, rabbits, hares and badgers around my neck of the woods. I'm pretty close to Cannock Chase which is meant to have plenty of adders lurking about, but i've never seen one myself. 

I did have to stop the car and let a koala bear cross the lane and climb into the hedgerow once...but that's a different story. lol.

Dave, is that an old Leyland DAF van in your photo? 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Its my sons ldv convoy ,supposed to be converted into a camper but its sat for 2 years 😞 unlike most its rust free (or was?) Where he lives theres only onroad parking so it lives here.

If youve not seen an adder (usually they warm up on sunny sandy banks) your to heavy footed 😉

I spent 4 days in hospital once ,a kid from up the road was holding a bucket with hay in it ,look what i found it said ,i searched in the hay ,you guessed it had not one but two adders in it .,

I got bitten (its like getting a tiny bit of glass in your finger) waited 30 mins incase i was fine but started getting a swelling under my arm so off to hospital i went ,reacted to the anti histamines  so ended up in staying 4 days ,Came out with a totaly swollen arm and a bruise up arm down one side to waist ! I obviously got got good!

I got recognized at A&E "what is it thist time" they said "not another owls foot in eye? "But thats another story lol

I take it the koala wasnt a local ?lol i found a nile crock by the river once thats another story

Edited by chesters1

In our old house, built in 1758, some 150 metres from The Brontes birthplace in Thornton, we had a well in the cellar and I found a couple of eels, well, elvers, in it. Absolutely no idea how they got there as their only access was by the coal chute.  Our access to it was a trapdoor in the pantry.

Dad reckoned they came across from the Methodist Chapel garden, which was some 50 metres away, so they would have had to cover that distance over old flagstones.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, Ken L said:

I've not heard of any budgies, but we do have ring-necked parakeets in and around London. They're spreading too. I've seen three in Birmingham.

The parakeets are in Southampton now. I saw one last summer. Wild Boar should be native. I like the old sanglier. I've stumbled upon the once or twice walking in the Normandy forests. 

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

U.K. Badger population has increased by an estimated 88% since 1980.

U.K. Hedgehog population is in rapid decline.

Badgers eat…

Go figure.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."