Is the euphoria justified?

Steve Burke

No, John, that was 'dope' :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, John, that was 'dope' :D

Funny you should say that Elton.

I got invited to a 'cannabis party' just the other day.

Only thing is, it says "bring some dope".

Are you free this Friday night? :P

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

taaa daaa :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

John - the 52% Obama vote is actually pretty high. Dem wins in recent years have not even reached 51% of the popular vote and several have been lower than the Republican totals. The electoral vote decides the election and it was large but as you can see, his support among voters is not large overwhelming. (it is large)

Anyone who has a real interest might enjoy reading This Washington Post article. It is very balanced and covers the major issues although mostly the domestic ones. For instance, while you would think a Dem President and a Dem controlled Congress should make things easy for him in terms of making changes, that has not proven to be the case in the past and very likely won't this time either.

You have to sign up to read their articles but its free, quick, and well worth the effort in this case.

Edited by Newt
Correct a mis-speak
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

52% is a big shift when your coming from behind, what he's taking over let's be honest is a mess and no matter who was in the driving seat it was going to be difficult.

Maybe he will bring some change for the better, one things for sure it will be different to all those who have gone before.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I supported Jack Kennedy years ago and my parents distrusted him at least as much as I do Obama. Kennedy was young, idealistic, and (gasp) Catholic.

It turned out they were wrong and I hope I am as well although I also hope this one ends better.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I supported Jack Kennedy years ago and my parents distrusted him at least as much as I do Obama. Kennedy was young, idealistic, and (gasp) Catholic.

It turned out they were wrong and I hope I am as well although I also hope this one ends better.

Gulp, I was 12 years old when Kennedy was assassinated. Never realized you were that old sweetheart. :P

I just hope that he sees himself as the President of the USA and not an ambassador for a particular group of Americans.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I just hope that he sees himself as the President of the USA and not an ambassador for a particular group of Americans.

As he comes from both sides of the coin it may not be such an issue now he is there :rolleyes: he need all the votes he could lay his hands on so it was a good card to run on. Cynical maybe but I bet some campaign planner sat in the background is patting himself on the back. :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Exactly my thoughts Ken, judging by what we have been shown on the media, he managed to pull in a few million coloured voters who had never bothered before. If that was the plan, then it was a huge success.

Not my country, but I admit to doubts, mostly to do with his colour/race. I couldn't quite get my head around the fact that there will be "coloureds" living in the White House, and if he and his family "pull it off" then it may help to rid me of my inbred prejudices. He may turn out to be the one who shows the world what real integration means, he has all the right family credentials.

I wish him well, and hope he makes a real success of the job, and who knows? he may get reelected next time.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic