Travian

corydoras

Mine's at 9 too, no one has got through it yet although I very was upset that my rat died :lol:
Na the rat is just a pain, he just consumes resources. What do you guys do with the troops you catch in your traps?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't found out what I can do with them yet, must read the wiki.......
I think you can either release them (perhaps for a ransom) or keep them. If you keep them your oponnent will have to mount an attack to release them. As long as you are holding them prisoner, your oponnent still has to pay for there upkep from HIS resources. Admiteddly I've not read the Wiki on traps either.

I suggest you all research '9 croppers' and '15 croppers' you'll be wanting one not too far away on the map to build your second village on. Once you got one of them you can start thinking about troops.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I'm having the same issue with some plonker, he keeps leaving lots of troops behind in my traps though :)

Me too, I keep upping the trapper level to confuse him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na the rat is just a pain, he just consumes resources. What do you guys do with the troops you catch in your traps?

He either releases them himself or I do it before he attacks me again. I've left them in a long time though so he has to keep paying ;)

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I think you can either release them (perhaps for a ransom) or keep them. If you keep them your oponnent will have to mount an attack to release them. As long as you are holding them prisoner, your oponnent still has to pay for there upkep from HIS resources. Admiteddly I've not read the Wiki on traps either.

I suggest you all research '9 croppers' and '15 croppers' you'll be wanting one not too far away on the map to build your second village on. Once you got one of them you can start thinking about troops.

Now, wtf are 9 & 15 croppers ? lol

Ian

Now, wtf are 9 & 15 croppers ? lol
I just new someone would ask. OK a 15 cropper is a resource field that looks like this.

15 wheat, one each of iron, wood and clay. Troops are hungry. Cavalry means horses, they need feeding too.

post-3408-1232492201_thumb.jpg

Edited by corydoras

Ahh right, that'd be quite handy when you started getting an army and stuff.

Ian

Ahh right, that'd be quite handy when you started getting an army and stuff.
That's why it's a mistake to invest in troops to early. They'll eat you out of house and home.

That's why it's a mistake to invest in troops to early. They'll eat you out of house and home.

I've managed to raise 1887 ranking places this last 24hrs, don't know if that is any good but I am pleased. :D

Anybody else who starts up, something I have just found out to my cost, If you change your mind on building queue, you lose some resourses if you cancel and requeue the order.

Also check where you send stuff before you hit the go button. :mellow: Whilst the user names are unique town names are not, just sent my merchant on a 16 hour trip to the wrong town. :huh: Can't see there is a way of cancelling/recalling the merchant. :wallbash:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I've managed to raise 1887 ranking places this last 24hrs, don't know if that is any good but I am pleased. :D

Anybody else who starts up, something I have just found out to my cost, If you change your mind on building queue, you lose some resourses if you cancel and requeue the order.

Also check where you send stuff before you hit the go button. :mellow: Whilst the user names are unique town names are not, just sent my merchant on a 16 hour trip to the wrong town. :huh: Can't see there is a way of cancelling/recalling the merchant. :wallbash:

No once a merchant is off he's off. Make sure you know the difference between Offer and Search efore trading ;)

As the gam proceeds you'll find that there is much depth to it. A fair bit of maths and stats as well as strategy. Mistakes can be costly.

How big is your Population Huge?