Travian

corydoras

You could be right jeepster. Building the second village is a lot harder than the first. Especially since I am 'relocating' to be closer to the other players in my alliance. Long treks are a logistical nightmare. I know how Napoleon must have felt when he was foolish enough to take a crack at Moscow.

So, how do you go about chosing an alliance, I have had a few invites but they are quite small, As Vagabond points out, can be more trouble.

I have a guy attacking me several times a day, darn annoying, because he never gets anything but attacks with 200+ troops, so I have to keep moving out my soldiers.

I could soon give him a kicking but then you get the rest and get catapulted from the game in more ways than one. :wallbash:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how do you go about chosing an alliance, I have had a few invites but they are quite small, As Vagabond points out, can be more trouble.

I have a guy attacking me several times a day, darn annoying, because he never gets anything but attacks with 200+ troops, so I have to keep moving out my soldiers.

I could soon give him a kicking but then you get the rest and get catapulted from the game in more ways than one. :wallbash:

Stop building troops. Concentrate on getting your 2nd village, find a quieter spot on the map and relocate. If you only have one village and you are getting catapulted you will never get out. I'm building a village in the NW. What are the cords of your Village? I'll reccy round about for you and tell you what your up against if you like.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Stop building troops. Concentrate on getting your 2nd village, find a quieter spot on the map and relocate. If you only have one village and you are getting catapulted you will never get out. I'm building a village in the NW. What are the cords of your Village? I'll reccy round about for you and tell you what your up against if you like.

Thanks for the offer Cory but I am a long way from you, I only have a few troops because there are a couple of abandoned villages near me from which I can get upwards of 200 resources an hour so they have paid for themselves in a couple of hours.

I have a cunning plan to get my gnat swatted, if I get away with it. ;) it seems, to start this game a couple of weeks into the server restart is a lot harder, live and learn. Like I said, when it restarts we should all go together.

At least it is only troops that die, I have felt no pain for them, they knew what they were doing when they took my shilling. :D

I am in the South West. around -80 -120 ;)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Thanks for the offer Cory but I am a long way from you, I only have a few troops because there are a couple of abandoned villages near me from which I can get upwards of 200 resources an hour so they have paid for themselves in a couple of hours.

I have a cunning plan to get my gnat swatted, if I get away with it. ;) it seems, to start this game a couple of weeks into the server restart is a lot harder, live and learn. Like I said, when it restarts we should all go together.

At least it is only troops that die, I have felt no pain for them, they knew what they were doing when they took my shilling. :D

I am in the South West. around -80 -120 ;)

Sounds like Asda territory I'll go and have a look. Yes starting in the game on a server that has been running for a bit is harder. If you want to get a significant amount of troops you will still need a second village preferably on a 9C or a 15C.

My second Village is on a 9C.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Sounds like Asda territory I'll go and have a look. Yes starting in the game on a server that has been running for a bit is harder. If you want to get a significant amount of troops you will still need a second village preferably on a 9C or a 15C.

My second Village is on a 9C.

Population 210!

Got hit only once last night so some are learning, 'tis the ELF alliance which attacks. last night with 100 legionaires 10 scouts and 20 other mounted.

He got nothing again, and I sent my troops away so lost none. :D

Population 210!

Got hit only once last night so some are learning, 'tis the ELF alliance which attacks. last night with 100 legionaires 10 scouts and 20 other mounted.

He got nothing again, and I sent my troops away so lost none. :D

That's the way to do it Huge, but you really do need a second village of your own. One Village can't produce enough wheat to feed a decent sized army.

That's the way to do it Huge, but you really do need a second village of your own. One Village can't produce enough wheat to feed a decent sized army.

working up to that........... ;)

Well , that's the biggest amount of troops i've had sent to attack me.

3377 Swordsmen from player SWAN. Yup , 3 thousand plus!!!!

And guess what , they didn't get in!!!!

I'll give him his due though , he did knock twice on the front and back door.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Lol Mr M, I had an attack from 60 odd today and a heroe. As I'm a Gaul they all got caught in my traps so he had to attack me again with 350 troops just to free his heroe ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And they didnt get anything either time !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Lol Mr M, I had an attack from 60 odd today and a heroe. As I'm a Gaul they all got caught in my traps so he had to attack me again with 350 troops just to free his heroe ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And they didnt get anything either time !

Take a look in our embassy Jedibond , this guy has a serious bee in his bonnet about trying to destroy me.

With my wall upto level 15 (soon to be 16) i am concentrating on defence before creating any sort of troops.

I've had umpteen pms tonight from people asking for confeds , they seem to have a problem with this guy , along with another one that has started bothering folk.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009