Fair play?

kleinboet

There are two items on the news tonight that I think have to be unfair decisions.

Incabability Brown stated quite clearl "British jobs for British people" when challenged, he says the protests are "indefensible"!!!! Just don't get me started on that P**k!!

The NHS may fire a nurse who told a patient "I'll pray for you". So? What's wrong with that?

There are buses running around with "there's probably no God" on them. COME ON!!!!! fair is fair !!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two items on the news tonight that I think have to be unfair decisions.

Incabability Brown stated quite clearl "British jobs for British people" when challenged, he says the protests are "indefensible"!!!!

the tenders for the work,were issued in 2006. the tenders that were submitted by the british companies were uncompetitive(too high).

another company got the job.thats how it works.All over the world.

Brown was a fool to make that statement. its legally unenforceable.

Brown is fool full stop!! What about his TAXING of cars by pollutants rather than engine size "BECAUSE OF GREEN TARGETS"!!!!!!!

Where were those targets when BROWN and his cronies approved a third runway at Heathrow ?????????

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Unless you assume there will be fewer total commercial jet flights worldwide if there is no 3rd runway there, how is this any sort of 'green' issue?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Brown is fool full stop!! What about his TAXING of cars by pollutants rather than engine size "BECAUSE OF GREEN TARGETS"!!!!!!!

Where were those targets when BROWN and his cronies approved a third runway at Heathrow ?????????

I have an acquaintance who runs a shopfitting, display lighting and electrical installation company out of Gosport. He has a team of 50 to 60 shop fitters. He tenders for work all over Europe. He has fitted shops and installed lighting systems in big hotels and department stores in Paris, Madrid, Lyon, Marseilles, Barcelona, Caen and many other cities in Europe. He regularly has 20-30 British workers constantly working on the continent. He does this by tendering for the work and undercutting the local competition. If he was to rely on just the business he generates from his UK clients he would have to lay off 25 skilled staff and would be buying about 10 transit vans less every three years. Would you have him stop tendering for European business?

I have a friend who is a highly skilled carpenter. He works almost exclusively in France working on the restoration of roofs in big churches and cathedrals, he spent 6 months at the Mont St Michael working on the roofs there. He can't find enough of this kind of work at home. Should he sit on the dole?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

British Jobs for British workers was probably one of the best quotes from the present incumbent. Totally the right idea, but since Britain is forced to work in an open market with regard to goods and employment it was a naive comment.

However the fact that foreign workers can pinch British jobs in the current climate is staggering, and to add insult to injury we are see pictures of Italian workers giving us the 'finger and the 'f' off ' sign.

Can you imagine if British workers conducted themselves like this in France or Italy? The least that would happen would be their boat would be sunk!!

Britain had precious little skill based engineering left, and to give up so easily while we are putting thousands on the dole every day is a scandal, again greed is the motivation not people which is why we are in this situation.

For once I think we should support these men on strike, at least they have the balls to stand up and fight.

the fact that there are thousands of british working all over contnental europe,is conveniently forgotton by some!

http://www.costa-news.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=169

this is the "services" page, from just one of the "totally british"newspapers in spain.There are many such newspapers and magazines.look at the range of servics offered.all ex british tradesmen and women.

the fact that there are thousands of british working all over contnental europe,is conveniently forgotton by some!

http://www.costa-news.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=169

this is the "services" page, from just one of the "totally british"newspapers in spain.There are many such newspapers and magazines.look at the range of servics offered.all ex british tradesmen and women.

As an ex pat Captain that was the response I expected :rolleyes: However the odd hairdresser or plumber plying his or her trade in your village or similar is hardly the same situation that we are witnessing back home at the moment. ;)

The number of UK jobs going to forigners is startleing as was shown by this article. The refinery jobs going to Italians are simply the straw that broke the camel's back. This issue is all set to get very, very ugly and I've little doubt that attacks on and by forigners are already happening but are being hushed up by the police to try to avoid full scale rioting.

As to the nurse. I'm trying not to bite.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i think the EU rules are got around in two ways ,i believe total subbed an american company (thus no reason to follow EU rules) who employed the Italians and the EU courts ruled that infact companies can employ "foreign" workers at cut price if they were not employed at less than basic wage and the health and safety rights were still in place!

i find it strange the fuss these few employees have stirred up immigrant workers have been keeping wages down and taking brit jobs for years! ,labour crowed that they created 1.8 million jobs they were a bit quieter when it was revealed 80% of those jobs were snapped up by non brit employees :rolleyes:

nothing new we were grabbing german jobs years ago because we were cheaper.

its time people and unions realised there are no jobs for life unless you work for government departments :rolleyes:

you found the link i was looking for Ken :D

a clever chap said of war "tracer works both ways"

you cant join a club (the EU) and expect a doorman ,its open to all who join it.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson