Ebay Banning Knife Sales

Elton

No more buying your filleting knives cheaply from Ebay:

Click here for Ebay's announcement.

There's a bit on the BBC website about it, here.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, what a beep beep beep! :wallbash::angry:<_<

I used to collect various items of ammunition and ordnance from there, all inert and safe and 100% legal...that went the same way.

Geoff

Guest Brumagem Phil

Hmmm, I have about 30 or so knives at the moment to sell. They are all brand new and are either sabatier or professional cook and are chefs, carving or santoku knives. I'm wondering, does anyone know the rules surrounding selling these on car boots? I'm guessing its a non starter? They are all packaged so no bare blades but i'm guessing the nanny state means i'm gonna have to sell these by word of mouth only. :angry:

I'm sorry but it's either the lager having an effect or you guys don't seem to be too pleased with EBAY banning the sale of knives ???

I watched the show tonight and can fully understand why this has been brought to the surface. For those of you that shopped with ebay for the knives , this isn't the be-all and end-all , there are other stores and shops where you can get your cutting gear from.

I for one fully back the blanket ban on knives , (except cutlery) its another step in the right direction. :)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I for one fully back the blanket ban on knives , (except cutlery) its another step in the right direction. :)

It is certainly another step in some direction.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm sorry but it's either the lager having an effect or you guys don't seem to be too pleased with EBAY banning the sale of knives ???

I watched the show tonight and can fully understand why this has been brought to the surface. For those of you that shopped with ebay for the knives , this isn't the be-all and end-all , there are other stores and shops where you can get your cutting gear from.

No it's about the daftest idea I heard in my life. Most victims of knife attacks are attacked by normal every day kitchen knives. A knives are cutlery.

It is certainly another step in some direction.
Retrograde, Newt, retrograde.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yet another step in the wrong direction soon they'll ban them all together and you'll have to enjoy your steak using a spoon(no fork remember they're dangerous too), Infact why not ban all pointy and sharp things altogether lets go back to using slate and chalk instead of pens(mind you slate can have sharp edges so we'll have to ban that as well).

It's going to be virtually impossible to stop people obtaining sharp implements.

Perhaps it's time instead to look at why people are stabbing each other with them, and how to make them stop?

It's going to be virtually impossible to stop people obtaining sharp implements.

Perhaps it's time instead to look at why people are stabbing each other with them, and how to make them stop?

My thoughts entirely. They really are shooting the messenger. A knife is an inanimate object - it doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Mind you, you can't really blame Ebay. They're a business and want to make money as easily as possible. If the UK Government are going to make it their mission to penalise large corporations, rather than tackling the criminals, then bailing out is the easiest option.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE