Too much rubbish in AN these days....

It's usually the same bunch of Micro-Celaphic Individuals who start the ball rolling, usually replied to by the same group of brainless F@q-wits who just can't see that they are being wound up.

and the cycle continues.

i think everyone has been sensible enough to keep it to the off topic forum

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm alone in this but an irritating trend which seems to be increasing is the over-use of quotations in posts.

Is it really necessary to repeat the whole text of a post 200 words long, just to add '' I agree/disagree''

I get fed up seeing posts three pages long with maybe six genuine posts. Whatever happened to common sense editing, if you must use quotations try it sometime.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Having known Barry for a few years now I can only suggest that his original comments were well intended. He is a wise old sage, and a truly decent bloke. He also has an opinion that is worth considering, even if you don't agree with it.

I came up with this:

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&saf...amp;sitesearch=

Interesting comments re America and 'fat bottomed girls'!

Regretfully the above comments have disappeared since I found them, but good use was made of Barry's misspelt word and an interesting theory put forward as to how the world can remain on an equal axis with so many 'fat bottomed girls', as in Queen's song, living in that one area of the world.

Edited by Peter Waller

I think we all at times look at a thread and wonder what it is all about and we may think it is a total load of rubbish.

BUT everyone is entitled to an opinion and that opinion might not suit everyones taste, which is just as well because life would be an absolute bore if everyone thought the same.

We all have a right of reply or ignore, maybe my initial reply to Barry was some what harsh on reflection and I apologies for that.

But I am afraid the basic sentiment remains the same, the thread was implying controls were needed to eradicate rubbish and post which did not suit Barry's personal taste.

That also implies the mods are failing in their duties to control the forum.

I would agree that there have been some lively debates on here which were total rubbish but never the less appealing to those who joined in which would include myself on many occasions.

This forum is a lively form of entertainment for many, had Barry made the same comments about 99.9% of TV I for one would have said he was 100% correct.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

snotty, its to help the simple minded to remember what they are commenting on. ;)

Well pardon me for hitting the 'reply' (oops i've done it again) button instead of add reply.

So very sorry your excellence and beg for your forgiveness.............

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Maybe I'm alone in this but an irritating trend which seems to be increasing is the over-use of quotations in posts.

No, you're not alone, but I think the main cause is that a lot of posters don't really understand (or take the time to find out) how things work.

Well pardon me for hitting the 'reply' (oops i've done it again) button instead of add reply.

Even so, you could still delete the text. B)

Peter Waller Posted Today, 07:18 PM

Some of you, a very small minority, have answered with undisguised venom. That rather adds weight to Barry's view, in my opinion.

Now't wrong with disagreeing, just be nice about it.

I agree Peter, there's nowt wrong with disagreeing, and it can be done in a nice way. But to post an opinion like Barry did, and include the comments I have highlighted below, is a sure fire way to get the response it did.

I might well be one of those Barry had in mind when he posted the thread.

I do post some nonsense when mood takes me, and some others take it up and we have a bit of fun in the process. Some members might not like it, (some do).

I have had PMs from both sides, some are funny, some quite vicious, but so long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I don't mind.

When I started on the Internet, AN was the only site I joined, (it still is the only one), and I was called a 'troll'. I had to look it up, because I didn't know what the hell one was!

From looking back over old threads, I can see that there has been a nucleus of regular posters at any given time. Some of the 'older' ones have stayed, and some gone, to be replaced by newer members, with different opinions, different types of humour and different ways of putting things.

Add to this the fact that the AN membership has grown dramatically over the years, (in itself a tribute to Eltons endeavors), and you are bound to have a change in the way that AN appears.

My only surprise is the fact that although the membership is so large, such a small percentage bother to post, (even taking those that are no longer with us into account).

But now, almost every time someone starts a sensible debate, in come the Malicious Bigots and Mischievous Trolls whose only aim is to see how much unpleasant Sh@t they can spread around.

It's usually the same bunch of Micro-Celaphic Individuals who start the ball rolling, usually replied to by the same group of brainless F@q-wits who just can't see that they are being wound up.

When some of the more moderate members try to get involved in order to cool it a bit - the previously mentioned MCI's then get stuck into the moderates & the whole thing degenerates into a 3 ring circus, of no value whatsoever to anyone, bar those sad people who get their rocks off by picking on people who, in the main, are unable or unwilling to get involved in this Bigotry.

John.

P.S. I too googled it when it first appeared, and AN was the first reference it brought up. :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John